• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LikaNui
    replied
    Re: American Idol 6

Originally posted by speedtek View Post
    I hear the show is going to get cancelled by Rosie O'donnell, she claims it is racist and weightist.
    I assume you mean Rosie says it's going to get cancelled, since she has zero authority to cancel it herself.
    And clearly, Rosie has never seen Ruben Studdard or Jennifer Hudson, or Rosie would've never made such a (typically) stupid remark.
    Didn't Rosie's "15 minutes of fame" expire a helluva long time ago?

Leave a comment:

• Lei Liko
    replied

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    Well, if he doesn't win, he can try out for Merrie Monarch's Miss Aloha Hula title next year. Did you see him "attempt" to hula?
    OMG BATMAN, YOU WIN AT THE INTERNETS FOR THIS POST ALONE.

Sign me up for VP of the Blake fan club. Tutusue gets to be President. I'm such a big fan...it's like I can't wait for him to get on that stage every week because I wanna know what song he's going to do!

Choosing between Melinda and Lakisha is difficult. So far Melinda's on a roll, but I wouldn't put it past Lakisha to totally blow everyone away in the coming weeks.

I can't believe I'm getting sucked into AI again. I was doing so well for the past two season!

Leave a comment:

• Vanguard
    replied

I checked the websites, and all I can say is -- wow! I read a year ago about how they supposedly only let the very best and very worst through to the three judges, but I didn't realize how crazy and random it was. I'm so glad I never tried out for American Idol

Leave a comment:

• speedtek
    replied

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
    If Antonella is not gone this week, the show is rigged
    I used the auto dialer at dialidol.com, It says I got in 1252 votes for Antonella. She should have been gone long ago. She can't Sing or dance, what can she do?? hmmmm...

Check out votefortheworst.com

I hear the show is going to get cancelled by Rosie O'donnell, she claims it is racist and weightist.....whatever that means.

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
    I hope Sanjaya Malakar becomes the next American Idol :P
    Well, if he doesn't win, he can try out for Merrie Monarch's Miss Aloha Hula title next year. Did you see him "attempt" to hula?

Melinda Doolittle IS the next American Idol, IMHO. Runner-up being Lakisha.

Melinda reminds me of Dinah Washington, mixed with a hint of Anita Baker. Jazzy, sassy and sultry. Arguably the best Idol contestant to ever grace their stage in its 6 season history.

Leave a comment:

• Vanguard
    replied

I hope Sanjaya Malakar becomes the next American Idol :P

Leave a comment:

• Adri
    replied

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
    heh, or it could be that group of people who are supposedly voting for the singers they consider the worst just to skew the show.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by speedtek View Post
    There are definitely some male stars who will be successful but in this competition I think the girls outdo the guys 10 to 1.
    I missed tonight but, yes, the gals are stronger. For me, it's more a 2 to 1...Melinda and LaKisha vs Blake! Hopefully I'll see my 2 favorite gals on YouTube tomorrow! It'll be hard for anyone to top last week's "My Funny Valentine" sung by Melinda. Ouch! That was so good it was painful!

Leave a comment:

• alohabear
    replied

Leave a comment:

• speedtek
    replied

There are definitely some male stars who will be successful but in this competition I think the girls outdo the guys 10 to 1.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Well, speedtek, personally I think there is a potential star among the guys who, I agree, stunk it up last night...for the most part.

First of all I'll admit to being a percussion slut! I love Blake Lewis' beatboxing (outside the hip hop genre) and scatting. And when he incorporates both into a jazz groove...he knocks this tutu's socks off and I don't even wear any! I loved last weeks "Virtual Insanity". Last night's "All Mixed Up" was a mediocre performance but a great, albeit unknown, song choice, I think. The kid's got the look, the beat, the voice and the moves. He has a bunch of YouTube videos, 3 of which I downloaded to my iPod! I don't think the performances are adaptable to AI but they do show his talent.

Here's a concert and a beatbox freestyle video.

This music ignorant tutu thinks this kid is highly marketable in a Justin Timberlake-ish kinda way!

Leave a comment:

• speedtek
    replied

I think they should just send all the guys home, they all sucked. What would really happen if no one voted???

Leave a comment:

• Lei Liko
    replied

I really really enjoyed the final Hollywood week competition. "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman" and "Until You Come Back To Me" are some of my favorites.

IMHO, the guys are definitely stronger this year. I'm surprised that Antonella girl got in, considering she couldn't even remember her song lyrics -- I really felt bad for Marisa Rhodes. Oh well, maybe Simon loves guidettes, I don't know.

I really like the fact that the majority of them are older and more seasoned performers. I like how two of them are former background singers who are finally getting their time to shine. I haven't really seen any that just flat out sucked early on as I've seen in previous seasons.

I think a guy's going to win again this year.

Leave a comment:

• alohabear
    replied

These are the 24 finalists(take notice, no blonds this time).I'm hoping Sundance Head and Chris Sligh get in , we need a regular guy to win.
    Last edited by alohabear; February 16, 2007, 07:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Vanguard
    replied

What happened to that Rachel girl from NYC? She didn't make the hotel auditions? I missed a few AI episodes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X