• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nielsen Ratings

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
    Me?? AMERICAN GOTHIC!
    I KNEW you were going to say that Blue!

Me? Mystery Science Theatre. I probably couldn't tolerate it now!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Tikiyaki: c'mon, man - step up! Where's the "Banana Splits" vote?

The network shows I most enjoyed long ago de-volved into poor imitations of their better selves, and came to merciful ends - "Northern Exposure," "Ed," the whole "Star Trek" franchise...

I can't think of a single program I now watch regularly on the old three-network universe. A handful of cable programming, PBS, CBC - that's about all.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        Why do I hear a scarecrow singing just now?

So, NT ... how's the CAT's brain?
        Not so good.

I remembered that is the week PK and I leave for Las Vegas.

MAMA still can do the SURVEY with Antonio!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
          I KNEW you were going to say that Blue!

Me? Mystery Science Theatre. I probably couldn't tolerate it now!
          Really?? LOL I must be obvious! My writing betrays me.
          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
          Sharing withother survivors...
          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
            I remembered that is the week PK and I leave for Las Vegas.
            MAMA still can do the SURVEY with Antonio!
            Get Scrivener to house-sit that week, and he can fill out the survey - I'll bet he'll do it if you offer him that dollar!

Comment

Get Scrivener to house-sit that week, and he can fill out the survey - I'll bet he'll do it if you offer him that dollar!

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Tikiyaki: c'mon, man - step up! Where's the "Banana Splits" vote?

The network shows I most enjoyed long ago de-volved into poor imitations of their better selves, and came to merciful ends - "Northern Exposure," "Ed," the whole "Star Trek" franchise...

I can't think of a single program I now watch regularly on the old three-network universe. A handful of cable programming, PBS, CBC - that's about all.
                What a bunch of TV snobs I proudly watch network TV & enjoy the following:
                Desperate Housewives
                Brothers & Sisters
                CSI-Miami
                NCIS
                Lost
                Grey's Anatomy
                Shark

and then of course there are the cable channels like HGTV, Food Network, History Channel, and of course A & E.

Dang..................I guess I watch waaaay too much TV.

(need to get a life she mumbles to herself as she walks away, head hanging low.........guess I need to call the bug man again............more mumbling........)
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

yeah, they called me in mid-january '07 early sunday morning (b4 8am).

since i told them i had 3 tv sets, they sent me three booklets (and a crisp $5 bill---wow! lol!) about 7-10 days later to do the survey for one whole week (the 1st week of February).

thought it'd be hard in the beginniing, but it went smoothly...they stress that you mail back the postage paid booklets promptly on the following day.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                    Desperate Housewives
                    Brothers & Sisters
                    CSI-Miami
                    NCIS
                    Lost
                    Grey's Anatomy
                    Shark

and then of course there are the cable channels like HGTV, Food Network, History Channel, and of course A & E.

Dang..................I guess I watch waaaay too much TV.

(need to get a life she mumbles to herself as she walks away, head hanging low.........guess I need to call the bug man again............more mumbling........)
                    Don't feel alone. I watch everyone of those but shark and I LOVE my travel channel, food network and DYI network.

I will sit in the corner with ya!
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

What a bunch of TV snobs
                      Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                      I will sit in the corner with ya!
                      You guys are right; I really have become a TV snob in the past few years. I just can't take most of what's offered ... and I won't allow myself to get caught up in episodic TV any more. I would probably love shows like "Lost" or "The Office," so I just won't indulge.

But I do try to catch every episode of "Good Eats" and "Mythbusters," for example. And I did think of one broadcast show I never miss: "CBS Sunday Morning."

Comment

I mute the shows and watch the commercials. Makes no difference, for the most part, what channel I'm tuned to!

Comment

Our household was selected to log our viewing habits at the end of February. My husband and I were extra busy that week and so we only got to log probably half of what we normally watch.

When I was a kid we were chosen a few times each year, for some reason. Being a fastidious list-maker even at the age of 7 or 8, I was in charge of logging all our family's viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiabla View Post
                            Being a fastidious list-maker even at the age of 7 or 8, I was in charge of logging all our family's viewing.
                            Off topic:

I was a fastidious list-maker, too, at that age! I can't remember what inspired it (I suspect it was partially inspired by Harriet the Spy), but I had a marble-cover composition book for my regular journal and another just for lists. I still have that latter book somewhere and it makes me blush when, on rare occasions, I flip through it. "Ten Girls I Could Ask Out This Summer." "Eight Favorite Female Body Parts." "Teachers Who Would be Cool to Hang With If They Weren't So Old."

I still do it. The lists aren't as...childish, I guess, but I'm crazy about making lists.
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Desperate Housewives
                              Brothers & Sisters
                              CSI-Miami
                              NCIS
                              Lost
                              Grey's Anatomy
                              Shark
                              Snob? It's you mainstream folks that's taking our favorite TV shows off the air.

You bettah not take HEROES off. *points a warning finger at you and all the mainstream*
                              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Please explain to me how, by watching a lot of network TV, I am taking your favorite shows off the air? Is it because we have DIFFERENT "favorite" shows? What exactly is your reasoning here?

No, I don't watch "Heroes" but that is possibly because I have trouble identifying with a bunch of Gen X'ers (or even Gen Y'ers) and therefore don't have much interest in them. Surely there is room in the world for many different kinds of programs?
                                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X