Re: HawaiiThreads 5th Birthday Picnic at Hawaii Geek Meet - April 19

sweet I think i can make this one!!!

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
    It's only been 5 years?

That's it????? I thought you had been around a lot longer.
    For HawaiiThreads yes. However there is HawaiiStories which has been around since March 2002, which had at least 4 gatherings before HawaiiThreads became into being.

For this gathering, I am going to bring the paper plates.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Lowery
    replied

Aww, I always wanted to come to one of these. Looks like I'll miss this again, since I'll be on Oahu on the weekends before and after.

Leave a comment:

• GeckoGeek
    replied

Sunday. Bummer. Sundays are bad for me.

Leave a comment:

• TuNnL
    replied

Ditto what Tutu said. And if I’m still a vegetarian by April 19th, you know what potluck offerings I won’t be bringing.

Leave a comment:

• Peshkwe
    replied

It's only been 5 years?

That's it????? I thought you had been around a lot longer.

Have fun at the picnic! Take lots of pitchurs for those of us who cannot go...K?

Leave a comment:

• cyleet99
    replied

Dang. Cannot.

Will be waiting for the pics, though.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

I put it on my calendar but won't be able to rsvp 'til closer to the date. I have a job scare around that time but it's not firmed up yet. Sounds like fun as was last year's.

Leave a comment:

• HawaiiThreads 5th Birthday Picnic at Hawaii Geek Meet - April 19

Hard to believe, but HawaiiThreads.com will be celebrating its fifth anniversary in just over a week. (First post, April 4, 2004.) Time flies when you're having fun! And that means it's time for a party. A meetup. A picnic.

After all, our traditional Christmas gathering was scrubbed by heavy rains and flooding... we're more than overdue for a get together!

On April 19, 2009, I'm organizing the second annual "Hawaii Geek Meet" at Magic Island, picnic area #39 (courtesy our very own Helen!). And you, the beloved members of the HawaiiThreads.com 'ohana, are among the guests of honor.

The "Hawaii Geek Meet" is a potluck, outdoor (!!!) celebration of all things geeky, but more generally, online communities and people who are passionate about technical and creative endeavors. HawaiiThreads.com is one of Hawaii's best communities, IMHO, but from Twitter to TechHui, people in Hawaii naturally connect and do great things online.

So! HawaiiThreads.com represent! Please join the fun. There may even be prizes! As for the potluck, I'll bring a tent, a small grill, and cold canned drinks! Will you be there? What can you bring? Let everyone know!
Working...
X