X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memorylane
    replied
    Re: Where Did All The Nice People Go?

Couldn't be as bad as Craigslist!! That rants and rave is a sad as all get out with people on a beautiful island in the Pacific doing nothing but trashing each other and posting gay sex pics and such...

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Originally posted by memorylane View Post
    I peek in about once a month from Oklahoma and rarely find more than one or two recent posts and usually no comment or reply to anything I add.
    There are message boards where there are more replies to a post. But, they're from anonoymous posters making smart ass replies. They test the moderators to see what they can get away with and not be deleted.

Leave a comment:

• memorylane
    replied

I peek in about once a month from Oklahoma and rarely find more than one or two recent posts and usually no comment or reply to anything I add.

Leave a comment:

• Menehune Man
    replied

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
    I'm still here.
    Only Frankie thinks I'm not nice (his fault).
    I was with Barry in London in summer 2009.
    Within 5 months, he left us all.
    That is so cool to hang with Barry, Kaonohi!
    And enjoyed meeting you too. Thanks for stopping by to see me.
    I think you're a good guy.

Leave a comment:

• Kaonohi
    replied

I'm still here.
    Only Frankie thinks I'm not nice (his fault).
    I was with Barry in London in summer 2009.
    Within 5 months, he left us all.

Leave a comment:

• salmoned
    replied

Alas, poor Barry! [We] knew him well....

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

I heard Colin Cowherd say that the reason why Bill O'Reily and reality shows work is because they have conflict. The better Real Time with Bill Maher episodes are the ones with both conservative and liberal guests on the panel.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

I agree LL. AFAIC, a troll is a troll is a troll. And, karma is karma is karma.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

*bumping the thread - but sadly reminded of our dear departed Barry, who left the last post here*

Trolls on the internet may be trolls in real life; article here.

Yeah, I suspect this may often be the case.

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied

Hey babies, I am 62 and play dominoes with a few ladies in their 80's and a gentleman who is 75. The ladies have their baileys, Jack has scoctch and coke and I have brandy. We all cheat but no money is taken. The few shilling are left in the kity.
    Just a bit of fun and when it goes icy,I get some shhopping in for them.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
    Hey there's nothing wrong with old ladies or their tea parties...to them when they add some honey to their tea they're pushing the envelope on their sugar-intake limits.
    I'll take a wine party over a tea party but must admit I love Tea at 1024!
    At 49 for me, eating a fat-laden roast pork plate with mac salad is pushing it.
    49? You're still a snot-nose kid...nowhere near "pushing it"!
    Oh but I live for the challenge. I'll probably die from it too but hey it was fun!
    You can say that at any age.
    There was a time in my youth where I would challenge a fiesty mind like yours.
    Cyn has one of the fiestier minds on HT. And I say that with the utmost respect. I love reading her fiesty posts, even in threads that hold no interest for me!
    I even sent one Commie gal back to China after she blasted my veteran's status at a party. But I'm older, wiser and try to be more humble as my mind turns to mush with each advancing senior year, gotta be a role model to my minor children so my wife tells me to cool da jets!
    If you consider 49 "with each advancing senior year" then something is really wrong with this picture! Craig...you're in your prime. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
    aw, i rather like those flammable moments, and i'm not regretful for instigating and/or splashing more fuel onto the flames. i think HT would be a dry old ladies' tea party without those episodes now an again.
    Hey there's nothing wrong with old ladies or their tea parties...to them when they add some honey to their tea they're pushing the envelope on their sugar-intake limits. At 49 for me, eating a fat-laden roast pork plate with mac salad is pushing it. Oh but I live for the challenge. I'll probably die from it too but hey it was fun!

There was a time in my youth where I would challenge a fiesty mind like yours. I even sent one Commie gal back to China after she blasted my veteran's status at a party. But I'm older, wiser and try to be more humble as my mind turns to mush with each advancing senior year, gotta be a role model to my minor children so my wife tells me to cool da jets!

Leave a comment:

• cynsaligia
    replied

Originally posted by Amati View Post
    Yea, I guess I was just thinking about on the original topic of this thread. Some of HT's worst moments have been when unnecessary name calling starts up. Or "smarty-pants" responses (as Judge Judy would say).
    aw, i rather like those flammable moments, and i'm not regretful for instigating and/or splashing more fuel onto the flames. i think HT would be a dry old ladies' tea party without those episodes now an again.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

I still like chicklets
    Stop being not nice, cw.

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

I still like chicklets