This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Reputation?

I am going to say this for the last time regarding me, myself and I...I give out reputations good and bad when the comments warrants it. I don't go reputation happy and start going click, click, click. However, I give out more good than bad. In both cases, I do leave my name...I feel it is for the poster to know in case he/she wants to ask me why.

Today, I had another nameless "grey" reputation box appear. I know it was ment to be a negative one, the person is a newbie! LOL Not enough power! Ala's point's to make it a red. Must have been a friend of another spineless newbie for putting in the comment box "Personal Attacks!" No name.

Honey, I didn't start the personal attack. But know this...I am finished with playing games. I live in a real world. A world that has many problems that I have to deal with right now. HT is my second OHANA. Like a friend advised me late last night...don't fall into XXXX's trap, he feed's off of that! Yep, he sure does. And so does his followers...

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I am making a distinct effort to ONLY use the reputation notes for good, rather than evil. (I'll try to stick to that, but I'm only human ... oops, don't want to be confused for Mr. TNT.)

I got my first "signed" rep note the other day, and it made me smile. Would most folks be happy if I signed mine as well? Maybe I'll just add (LL) at the end. No shame.

Comment

A reply from the thread Wet and wetter:

Originally posted by LikaNui
        Geez. Somebody gave me a "red chiclet" yesterday (just after noon) for this thread. Guess I'd better not get into a discussion about what Tropical Storm Kenneth may or may not do, then.
        You all talk amongst yourselves.
        Just a clarification, reputation is for an individual post, not the entire thread. So far you entered 5 posts in this thread. The 5th doesn't count since you posted it after getting the negative scored reputation. So it means one of the 4 eariler posts in this thread got it. If you look in your control panel and find that reputation, you can click on it and it will take you to the post that got the reputation awarded.

Assuming you had no comments to that negative scored reputation, I wouldn't take it as a sign for you to stop participating in that thread.

Comment

• Re: Wet and wetter

Geez. Somebody gave me a "red chiclet" yesterday (just after noon) for this thread. Guess I'd better not get into a discussion about what Tropical Storm Kenneth may or may not do, then.
          You all talk amongst yourselves.
          Who knows (or cares) why some people get their panties in a bunch? Don't let it hold you back!

Try this: "Red square? Yay, I offended some weenie! Imua!"

Comment

Originally posted by helen
            Just a clarification, reputation is for an individual post, not the entire thread.
            Yes indeed. That's why I wrote "Somebody gave me a "red chiclet" yesterday...".

If you look in your control panel and find that reputation, you can click on it and it will take you to the post that got the reputation awarded.
            Thanks, I'm well aware of that. Did exactly that when I first noticed the red chiclet on my User Control Panel, and of course checked to see exactly which post earned it.
            Thanks anyway, though!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Yes indeed. That's why I wrote "Somebody gave me a "red chiclet" yesterday...".

Thanks, I'm well aware of that. Did exactly that when I first noticed the red chiclet on my User Control Panel, and of course checked to see exactly which post earned it.
              Thanks anyway, though!

You know LikaNui, I got a red chicklet last week for calling someone a "ching-ette" which I thought was OH SO CLEVER. So shoots. Let me help ya out here.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                Who knows (or cares) why some people get their panties in a bunch? Don't let it hold you back!

Try this: "Red square? Yay, I offended some weenie! Imua!"

Still Maddie, I'm in awe of all your green chickies! @
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                  Who knows (or cares) why some people get their panties in a bunch? Don't let it hold you back! Try this: "Red square? Yay, I offended some weenie! Imua!"
                  Dear heart, you should know by now that I never let 'weenies' hold me back. Especially tiny ones, if you know what (or who) I mean.
                  And chiclets are amusing little gauges, but they don't come anywhere near telling the story of what some people think, based on a whole lot of very cool private messages during the brouhaha last week.
                  Nah, I just floated that little pinata out there in that weather thread just to see who'd take a swing at it. Guess I was really bored at the time!

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                    You know LikaNui, I got a red chicklet last week for calling someone a "ching-ette" which I thought was OH SO CLEVER. So shoots. Let me help ya out here.
                    Ooh, paybacks are fun! So I'll help ya right back to counter the red one you got.
                    Hey, maybe chiclets will be bartered like baseball cards. Maybe we can even(gasp!) sell chiclets on E-Bay or something!

Comment

WOW, did you guys see how many chiclets Scrivener is up to now? Ukugazillion! He's got 1,000 reputation points (well deserved) and it says he's "a pillar of the community". I think he's gonna bust the scale soon.

Comment

WOW, did you guys see how many chiclets Scrivener is up to now? Ukugazillion!
                        Chiclet envy?

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                          Still Maddie, I'm in awe of all your green chickies! @
                          Yeah, me, too! How the heck did that happen??

<blush>

Comment

I think it's called "chicklet inflation". That occurs when someone tries to give someone a red chicklet for a post and has to give (I don't know how many, but there isn't a one-to-one correlation) positive ratings for many many posts, whether they really think those are good posts or not...just take a look at some of the posts you got positive ratings for, and you'll see what I mean.

Miulang
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Excuse me but where did you find that piece of information from? I rarely give out a negative reputation but there was a time that I gave 3 negatives in a row and it didn't say anything about that.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                                Excuse me but where did you find that piece of information from? I rarely give out a negative reputation but there was a time that I gave 3 negatives in a row and it didn't say anything about that.
                                Personal experience, Helen. The 3 negatives were probably not given to the same person or the same post, were they?

Miulang
                                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X