X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Asian Americans: Mainland vs. Hawaii viewpoints

Originally posted by sinjin
    I would be content if only one had to leave a comment with a gift of negative rep.
    from my CP:
    Asian Americans: Mainland vs. Hawaii | September 6th, 2005 12:55 AM | dumb@ss

maybe more than one word if you could.
    Last edited by sinjin; September 6, 2005, 07:00 AM.
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

• Re: Asian Americans: Mainland vs. Hawaii viewpoints

(moved to a different thread)
      Last edited by scrivener; September 6, 2005, 09:06 AM. Reason: this is in the wrong thread.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

• Re: Reputation?

Wow, I finally got one of those red-square Reputation thingies without any attached comments. You guys are right, it is kinda annoying -- what did I do that the person didn't like? It would be nice to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          Wow, I finally got one of those red-square Reputation thingies without any attached comments. You guys are right, it is kinda annoying -- what did I do that the person didn't like? It would be nice to know.
          but dinchuh notice ya got anudda green chicklette tuday?

Comment

Well yeah, but I never like brag. Shame, you know, make A like that.

Comment

Your best bet is to click on the link to see which post it is and carefully re-read it. If I had to guess on why that is so is that maybe you responded multiple times to a thread, say for example you did 8 replies to that thread. However your 5th reply to thread could have been off-topic to the thread or the information you posted wasn't right.

Again this is me guessing if the person who awarded the reputation was doing it by the rules and not trying to award you bad reputation because they are trying to get your reputation score down.
              Last edited by helen; September 6, 2005, 04:09 PM. Reason: adding some words to it

Comment

Interesting how the poll has stopped at 15 each, so is even. Just so no one thinks differently, I didn't vote twice even though I changed my name. Just checked back to see how it went.
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

If you leave a red mark on someone's post, it should not be anonymous. If you leave a red mark, you shouldn't be afraid to stand behind it. Anonymous red marks are chickenshit. It's like leaving a note on someone's windshield when you don't have the guts to confront him in person. Jesus, grow up! Is this the "island way"? Is this aloha? To be cowardly?

If people had to ID their red marks, there would be far fewer red marks. This is one change I'd like to see on Hawaii Threads.

And no, I haven't received any red marks lately, but I know people who have, and these marks were undeserved. The people leaving them obviously have little intellect or sense of humor. It's really quite sad for them, but why should others have to pay for their failings?

Thanks for listening.

Comment

Just checked and first time (I Think) The dislikes overtook the likes in the voting poll. Interesting.
                    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Wow. I just discovered that there is a rating below "very poor reputation (-50)". If you go below that, you are "infamous in these parts". Who comes up with these labels? Are they standard with the software?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                        Wow. I just discovered that there is a rating below "very poor reputation (-50)". If you go below that, you are "infamous in these parts". Who comes up with these labels? Are they standard with the software?
                        Hey. Are you paying attention?

The labels as they exist now are different from what they were before the summer. Those original labels are printed here too, but I'll let you do the searching.

EDIT: Whoops. Looks like I'm the one not paying attention. Pz's list didn't include the lower ones. Sorry. Someone slap me with a wet towel, please.

EDIT: How irritating would it be if we kept conversing like this?
                        Last edited by scrivener; September 11, 2005, 11:01 PM. Reason: "I want to run; I want to hide . . ."
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                          Hey. Are you paying attention?
                          Oops. I guess not.

Edit: Well, so there!

Edit: Extremely. Let's not.
                          Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; September 11, 2005, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Noticed that on the member list that Glen Miyashiro is listed as "excellent reputation (450)", pzarquon is listed as "spectacular reputation (550)" and scrivener is listed as "community leader (650)" and yet all three have 5 green and 1 bright green square.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                              What does the shiny green chicklet (as opposed to the kinda dull green ones) mean? Does that mean that Scriv is now maxed out on chicklets, or am I just hallucinating that it's a different green than the rest of his chicklets?

Enquiring minds want to know.
                              Update on this subject. I checked one of the vBulletin support forums, one person said that the green boxes are worth 100 points each (which we already know), while the bright green boxes are 200 points each. After earning 5 green boxes, it will switch to the bright green boxes. So in the case of Glen Miyashiro, pzarquon and scrivener they (and anyone else who gets up this far) already have 500 or more reputation points. They will get a second bright green square when they reach 700 reputation points, the 3rd bright green at 900, the 4th bright green at 1100, the 5th bright green at 1300, the 6th bright green at 1500. After that the poster didn't say. I suppose one can still earn reputation but I don't know what it will display at 1700 reputation points.

Comment

The opposite end of the scale is interesting. The one and only person with 2 red squares has the designation of being "off the scale." For single red ones I seen "very poor reputation (-50)" and "infamous in these parts".

Apparently it takes most people with red squares a quick turnaround from bad to good if they get enough positive votes.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X