This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Reputation?

Another damn red chiclet this morning from another anonymous person who does not want to be accountable.

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...7544#post57544

I am telling you. We are supposed to pay quick attention when people on this board hurl libelous statements at other people who are not on this board. As moderators we have to take quick action against rocks being hurled by anonymous or unknown users to people on the outside who are not members of the board.

I got a possible legal threat from 2 people in the last month regarding irresponsible posts made by members of this board. With the admin's knowledge, I had to DELETE the posts, take action on the matter.

We did it quickly and so far amicably between all of the parties involved.

Why can't admin do something about satisfying the users of this board who are very unhappy with the system. We already have people fleeing the board because of the reputation system and talking about it on another board. It is a big deal because now outside of this board, the notoriety of the board, some of the people inhabiting this board is now a discussion topic:

The Other BBS

One of the posts there got so nasty about the people on this board that the admin there had to remove it.

The notorious reputation about this board's reputation system is spreading.

If admin is concerned about the reputation of HT, he should do something quickly like removing the reputation system ASAP.

Perhaps from this point on, all of us who hate the reputation system and the red points we get from time to time need to post that here as well as send the post in PM to admin and his alter ego pzarquon.

It is kind of hard to PM admin at this time because his PM box is up to its quota of 50 messages (I tried CCing him with a PM regarding the libelous statement made here).

Perhaps sending our red chiclet complaints to his email address may also be in order.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

• Re: Is HawaiiThreads.com too mean?

The meaness of this board is perpetuated by the reputation system, those members who continue to throw anonymous red rocks at fellow members and the inaction by admin to not deal with the problem in part to satisfy the end users who do not like the reputation system. The option exists for those who do not like the reputation system to opt out if only admin activates the option.

The meaness here is the fact that after more than 15,000 topic views, more than 500 messages in the reputation thread, that nothing has been done to change things here in regards to the rep system.

On the part of admin and those who continue to hurl anonymous red rocks at fellow users, that is indeed mean.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Mel, you know I respect you and your opinions, but you can't use the argument that the fact that somewhere else, someone got abusive about members of the HT community as evidence that people here are too mean. It says much more about the people THERE than about the people HERE, if that makes any sense.

I'm almost willing to change my vote now, just because this upsets you and Blaine so much.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener

I'm almost willing to change my vote now, just because this upsets you and Blaine so much.
          When you say that you'd change your vote, did you mean to say that you'd change the poll option you chose regarding whether or not to keep the reputation system? And if so, what end result would you be hoping to accomplish in doing so?

The reason I'm asking is because I take the word "vote" to mean that some kind of Yes/No change would occur after a vote is taken, unless said vote turns out to be a draw, for which nothing would change.

This unofficial Reputation Poll is only a litmus test to poll the participants on how their feelings are towards it, for or against, and it would really be something to behold if Scrivener changed his poll option and it caused a ripple effect that resulted in the reputation system either being disabled, or the option to have participants opt out of participating in the reputation system being enabled.

Comment

I received another anonymous red chiclet around 1am today for posting my opinion in the "KHON TV sold" thread. I chuckled when I saw the reddie, then instantly moved on. My life was not affected by it in the slightest.
            So someone out there didn't like what I said. Good. I don't want everyone to like what I say, I just want to be able to express my opinion. Sure, it would've been interesting if they'd left a reason for the reddie, but frankly, Scarlett...
            Mountains.
            Molehills.
            And Mel, my hunch is that you're getting all those red marks because you let them upset you so much that perhaps some folks find it amusing to try to set you off even more. You're letting those people push your buttons, and you're making it darned easy for them to do so. Something to think about.
            Mountains.
            Molehills.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

The reputation system has been disabled. We now return you to your regularly scheduled... everything else. Happy early Valentine's Day.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
                The reputation system has been disabled. We now return you to your regularly scheduled... everything else. Happy early Valentine's Day.
                Mahalo! Happy Valentines Day too!

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah

This unofficial Reputation Poll is only a litmus test to poll the participants on how their feelings are towards it, for or against, and it would really be something to behold if Scrivener changed his poll option and it caused a ripple effect that resulted in the reputation system either being disabled, or the option to have participants opt out of participating in the reputation system being enabled.
                  Well, I'll be...

Comment

Originally posted by admin
                    My first reaction was to send you a green chicklet for doing this, but...thanks!

Comment

Isn't it funny how everyone now looks...well, looks...naked.

Comment

Simply wonderful! Just devine! AWESOME!!!!!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine

Simply wonderful! Just devine! AWESOME!!!!!!
                          Because everyone looks naked?

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                            Because everyone looks naked?
                            AWESOME!

Comment

Thank You! Very Cool.
                              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I was told that if a Hawaii Threads member had (at a minimum ) a good reputation, he/she could ride on TheBus for that fact and $2. TheBus would even throw a transfer in for no charge as well!

During my last visit to Honolulu, I took advantage of this member discount everytime I rode TheBus. Worked like a charm!

Now that there is no reputation to strive for, will this discount for Hawaii Thread members be eliminated?

Comment

Working...
                                X