X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Reputation?

Originally posted by Miulang
    I found out da grey box is a bad mark given to a post by someone who has a minus reputation or no reputation at all...
    I'm pretty sure the grey box is the result of positive OR negative feedback.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
      Based on the snide commentary that accompanied the grey box, my guess is that the feedback was most definitely negative!

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Look on the bright side. While the comment for that reputation mark sounded negative, the score for that reputation mark is zero, so no changes to your reputation score. And since that person who marked that post of yours with their 0 reputation score, they can no longer mark it again should they be eligible to give reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
          What I thought was a red mark is actually a gray one, but the commentary was positive so yeah I guess it can be either.

Comment

I found this out over the weekend while going through vBulletin support forum:

If you give a negative reputation to a post, the score given to it will be half of your reputation power. For example if your reputation power is at 10, if you give a negative reputation to a post you will giving that post a -5 to it.

Comment

Helen, What if someone recieved one negative and got a grey box...there's no comment in the box to say why the negative mark was given. Ok, ok, someone gave me a "negative" for a post. I could care less about it but I would appreciate the courtesy on why it was given so that I can better myself in expressing my views so that others will be able to respect my input. I know I am not as edumacated as most of you but I have the belt of Life tuck somewhere in my whacko brain when it is working. I have come a long way in expressing and remaining focus on what the threads are about. I only post when I can contribute whereas in the beginning, I posted in each thread. So, if you must post a negative on me...have the guts to leave a comment so I won't make the same mistake again.

Thank you,
              Aunty Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                Helen, What if someone recieved one negative and got a grey box...there's no comment in the box to say why the negative mark was given. Ok, ok, someone gave me a "negative" for a post. I could care less about it but I would appreciate the courtesy on why it was given so that I can better myself in expressing my views so that others will be able to respect my input.
                Auntie, consider it a badge of honor and move on. Irritating someone who doesn't have the 'alas to leave his/her name isn't something to "fix" by changing the way you post. As you can probably figure out, I've gotten a couple of negatives, too ... it stopped bothering me when I realized the motivation. Heck, I'll probably get one for this post! Life's too short to worry about such manini stuff. Aloha.

Comment

even tho... that's 1stwahine's job.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                    Auntie, consider it a badge of honor and move on. Irritating someone who doesn't have the 'alas to leave his/her name isn't something to "fix" by changing the way you post. As you can probably figure out, I've gotten a couple of negatives, too ... it stopped bothering me when I realized the motivation. Heck, I'll probably get one for this post! Life's too short to worry about such manini stuff. Aloha.
                    Mahalo MadAzza! I needed to ventilate but if I ever find out who it was %$*&#@ B*%^&$&*!!!!! And a couple of whack whacks to your freakin head!!! Now a cyber drink to you alls! Mmmmmm....taste good.

Auntie Pupule

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                      even tho... that's 1stwahine's job.
                      BroKimo, don't you even start! MYOB and be nice!

Lynn

Comment

yea. ok. luvya too.

Comment

Helen, What if someone recieved one negative and got a grey box...there's no comment in the box to say why the negative mark was given. Ok, ok, someone gave me a "negative" for a post. I could care less about it but I would appreciate the courtesy on why it was given so that I can better myself in expressing my views so that others will be able to respect my input. I know I am not as edumacated as most of you but I have the belt of Life tuck somewhere in my whacko brain when it is working. I have come a long way in expressing and remaining focus on what the threads are about.
                          On any reputation mark you recieve you can click on the title of the thread and it will take you to the actual post that the reputation mark was given for. You could try to re-read that post to see what might have cause someone to give you that reputation mark.

I only post when I can contribute whereas in the beginning, I posted in each thread. So, if you must post a negative on me...have the guts to leave a comment so I won't make the same mistake again.
                          That's why you should try to re-read the post in question, any post that you do is eligible to get reputation, someone could have given you on an old post that you did.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                            On any reputation mark you recieve you can click on the title of the thread and it will take you to the actual post that the reputation mark was given for. You could try to re-read that post to see what might have cause someone to give you that reputation mark.

That's why you should try to re-read the post in question, any post that you do is eligible to get reputation, someone could have given you on an old post that you did.
                            Yaeh, It was a new post from last week. I re-read alright! So the person can use profanity and still be able to post? Rules and regulations sometimes don't go hand in hand. Oil and water! Ssshhhh!!!!

Lynn

Comment

I'm back to just writing what I think and don't care what sort of rep I get. When I joined I felt comfortable to write whatevers, I defended my opinion when attacked, but when with this new "rep" situation it started me wondering what will "others" think. I've seen how people's reps have been attacked because others didn't agree with their opinion, so I will just no longer play this game.
                              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

uh, wot game, bud?

Comment

Working...
                                X