HawaiiThreads Trivia Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HawaiiThreads Trivia Game

I'd also like to add my MAHALO NUI LOA for the time and effort that went into this game! I didn't have time to really participate (I only answered one day's questions), but I've sure enjoyed it nonetheless.
    Good job, all of you!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Howzit Blaine!

I was fully aware of your ability to "run" with me step for step in this trivia marathon, and I knew in order for me to have any chance of winning first place, I had to get all 3 questions correct on the final day. I was pretty sure I was in trouble when I incorrectly gave an answer of PC for Aiea on the Royal Summit question, as we had been duking it out with 3 for 3's day in and day out. I'm not sure what the final score was, but it had to have been pretty close. All told, the game was a blast. I'm hoping we can battle it out again, along with EastCoastTropics, Helen, Kalai99, Moto and everyone else who was a participant in this game.

Randy

Comment

For those who are curious, here's how the prize distribution broke down. I basically threw everything into a drawer and let the winners, in order of finish, choose what they wanted.

Our champion, Surfingfarmboy, claimed seven free iTunes (via Pepsi's iTunes promo).

Our runner-up, ZZType, claimed ten free iTunes.

Our third-place finisher, EastCoastTropics, claimed the $10-gift-certificate from Amazon.com.

Our first consolation winner, Helen, well...I'm working on getting something fitting and swell for Helen, who's neither an Amazon shopper nor an iTunes downloader.

Our second consolation winner, Moto, claimed five free iTunes.

Thanks for playing, everyone, and enjoy your ill-gotten booty! (Sorry...MASH quote!)
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

This reminds me of a joke I liked when I was a kid:

A woman walks into a department store and asks a sales clerk for help in picking a gift for her husband.

"How about a nice hunting jacket?" suggests the clerk.
          "My husband doesn't hunt," says the woman.
          "Well, perhaps this lovely smoking jacket," says the clerk.
          "My husband doesn't smoke," says the woman.
          The clerk takes a breath and says, "Surely, you can't reject a bathrobe?"
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Mitchell,

It just happens that at the moment you posted the list of "ill-gotten booty" I was downloading the ten songs from the "Crosby Stills & Nash" album on iTunes! "Suite Judy Blue Eyes" is playing right now while I burn backup CD of the album. It fits right in with my eclectic music collection, which skews heavily toward showing my age! http://zztype.com/itunes/

Very nice! Thanks again!

Blaine
            Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

I-tune codes..they are so hot..everybody wants 'em. I'm not sure how it was in HI when Pepsi was distributing them, but in the Northeast, youths were randomly opening up bottles of Pepsi products, in stores, without paying, just to get at the codes.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                I basically threw everything into a drawer and let the winners, in order of finish, choose what they wanted.
                Our champion, Surfingfarmboy, claimed seven free iTunes (via Pepsi's iTunes promo).
                Our runner-up, ZZType, claimed ten free iTunes.
                Okay, I'm curious. Why did the runner-up get three more than the winner? Since they could choose what they wanted, why did the winner want three less?
                I'm so confused.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                  Why did the runner-up get three more than the winner? Since they could choose what they wanted, why did the winner want three less?
                  Surfingfarmboy was entitled to any of the prizes he wanted, and he chose the seven (actually, he chose five: there WAS no seven, but I threw him two bonus codes) because he's never used iTunes and thought it would be wasteful to take the ten codes if it turned out not to be the thing for him. ZZType is the beneficiary of a class act.

Hope that clears things up!

ps: three fewer!
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I too have never used itunes. I went in yesterday to look at what was available, and I now my problem is, which one to get????? I did, however, sign up at itunes.
                    Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

Working...
                    X