Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Name That Food

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
    Those props can only be from Senor Frog's - an inflatable shark with a bottle of tequila was the giveaway!
    Here, have a shot of Tequila... you are correct!

That shark, like all the rest of the props, aren't inflatable, but are painted fiberglass castings.

Here's the elevator in front of the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center (still under renovations) that goes to Señor Frog's...

To remind patrons of Señor Frog's "wet 'n wild" theme, these "Booty Tubes" hang from the entrance' ceiling...

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Identify which one of these are: TREET, SPAM and TULIP...

Identify it like this...

Top left:
      Top Right:
      Bottom center:
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

It's Christmas.

Wrap some mincemeat into a wonton wrapper and fry it, then sprinkle with powderd sugar.
        http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
        http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
          Identify which one of these are: TREET, SPAM and TULIP...

Identify it like this...

Top left:
          Top Right:
          Bottom center:
          I'll take a shot at it, but I only eat the original, so I'm not a reliable judge.

Top left: Spam
          Top right: Tulip
          bottom: Treet
          Bloggin my way to the big time

http://skeetsstuff.skeeterbess.com/

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterbess View Post
            I'll take a shot at it, but I only eat the original, so I'm not a reliable judge.

Top left: Spam
            Top right: Tulip
            bottom: Treet
            You are absolutely... incorrect. Every one you identified is wrong. lol

I don't know if you can tell by the perspective of that photo, but SPAM is just a tad different in size by nature of its can.

Here's the cans...

top view...

Of course, here's the finished product!...

Major bonus points if you can tell which "SPAM" Musubi is indeed a SPAM Musubi in that last photo! (the other two are TULIP and TREET musubi)
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Shoots! Why not? Already showcased my ignorance, so I'll either go up a notch or confirm what you already know. Spam is in the rear.
              Bloggin my way to the big time

http://skeetsstuff.skeeterbess.com/

Comment

Top left Treet
                Top right Spam
                Bottom Tulip

Possible extra points:
                Rice: Calrose Diamond G

Comment

During some of the visits I made to Wellcome Supermarkets, while on my recently-ended trip to Hong Kong, I noticed that there was another popular canned luncheon meat (presumably similar to Spam and Treet) sold in great quantities; it was known as "Great Wall" brand. Great Wall is a product of the Chinese mainland, and it is easy to find in the luncheon meat sections in supermarkets throughout HK, simply by looking for the cans adorned with a large hog on their labels.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterbess View Post
                    Shoots! Why not? Already showcased my ignorance, so I'll either go up a notch or confirm what you already know. Spam is in the rear.
                    Nope, SPAM Musubi is in the FRONT. TREET is in the rear, which is evident by its darker color (due to more sugar content).

As for those three "uncooked" ones in the frying pan, the correct answer is:
                    top left = TULIP
                    top right = TREET (the darkest of the three)
                    bottom center = SPAM (evident by its slightly wider profile; see the cans)

SFB, that brings to mind this...

Courtesy of fellow blogger Nate, here's a can of TULIP in its Japanese-labeled can...

Nate notes that TULIP is considerably cheaper than SPAM in Okinawa, making it the favored brand there.

Did you ever notice at the Okinawan Festival, they use SPAM (or whatever brand that is) in their Champuru and Yakisoba? I found that interesting.

TULIP Champuru. lol
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                    X