Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HawaiiThreads NFL Pick'em!

Originally posted by anapuni808
    Well, I'm not putting my hopes on Smith - you are right, Niners have so many needs! I have a good friend who actually played in a Super Bowl - he is my guru when it comes to what makes a good team. Of course, the fact he hates the 49'ers is a mark against him but I love him anyway

Hates the 'Niners? Oh, how misguided he is! It's the Cowboys that get the derision in my household - I have taught my progeny well!

Comment

Hey Manoa;

You interested in a little side bet?

Oh, BTW we tied last week, so right here, right now, B4 Monday Night football, we are still tied.
      Last edited by nachodaddy; September 18, 2006, 12:13 PM.
      You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
        Hey Manoa;

You interested in a little side bet?

Oh, BTW we tied last week, so right here, right now, B4 Monday Night football, we are still tied.
        I'm not too happy about my scores I posted for tonights game...

So I'm pretty sure your gonna take tonights game...

Comment

Manoa;

Forget tonight's game for now. It does not matter in our side bet.

The Bet- terms and conditions

The Winner is the person who has the highest cumulative games picked for the regular season. Since we tied last week, and we are tied now, and we both picked J-Ville, this week will be a push. We will use the official Scriv cumulative for the count. So right now, the counter is at zero.

All timing of picks must coincide with Scriv's rules.

We play that out till the end of regular season.

The person with the highest cumulative has to post the current week's picks by midnight Saturday.

The Prize. Since this is a BB, loser has to post avatar and sig of choice from the winner. Avatar and sig need to stay up for 30 days. Avatar and sig must be cool with Ryan.

What say you????? If you agree to these terms, simply quote me and say "agree"
          Last edited by nachodaddy; September 18, 2006, 12:40 PM. Reason: to account for mathematic anomaly

Comment

What say you????? If you agree to these terms, simply quote me and say "agree"
            Why do I have this sinking feeling that you already have an AVATAR chosen for me!

And since I'm not going to post my picks until the last second to keep "Copycats" from referring to my guesses... that rule won't really work.

(and I just can't see my signature ever reading something like...
            Manoa loves the Raiders more than the Seahawks!)

(So NOPE... your conditions are to severe!)

Comment

Manoa;

"Why do I have this sinking feeling that you already have an AVATAR chosen for me!"

Why, yes, yes I do......it is called "motivation".

Let me help you with this.

"The person with the highest cumulative has to post the current week's picks by midnight Saturday."

That prevents the winner from copying the loser game for game............ For example if I get one up on you, all I have to do is copy you, game for game, until the end of the season where I still be one up from you. This rule prevents this..........

We can add a rule stating that once picks have been posted, it cannot be changed if you prefer............

So.... here I explained it, showing how it can be fair to both parties.......there must be something else holding you back......don't let fear be your motivator.....rise above, bro. Don't be scared.

Comment

Can I say... er um... I was lucky the last few weeks...and it only goes down hill from here as the playoffs get closer and closer... I tend to sway from logic and go with Heart...

I'm not out to win anything... just play a long on HT...

I'd rather have a weekly bet amongst you though....

Loser has to use the signature of the others choice for the losing week....

Comment

Ok, I'll probably play. Don't know how I missed this thread before. But as much as I love football I really suck at these sort of games.
                  I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

OK Manoa;

I am a reasonable man. We go by Scriv's rules and Scriv's official count only. That means we take into account tie breakers (tonight's game for example is "on").

Sig goes up by midnight Tuesday, goes down by midnight Tuesday the next week.

No avatars, just sigs.

Please quote and type "agree"

Comment

Just because I have a signature doesn't mean I have to post during the week if I lose do I?

Nope... not agreed just yet! (and definately not with the score I picked for Tonights game!)

Comment

Man, Nacho, I'd have given up by now. Hell, I wouldn't have even asked. Trying to get Manoa to make a firm commitment (why change your picks? just go with your gut, for cryin' out loud) is like trying to nail Jell-O to a tree!

Maybe this can be something you two can hash-out via PM? This thread takes some work to follow as is. I'd rather just see picks (one time!) and Scriv's tally each week.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                          Man, Nacho, I'd have given up by now. Hell, I wouldn't have even asked. Trying to get Manoa to make a firm commitment (why change your picks? just go with your gut, for cryin' out loud) is like trying to nail Jell-O to a tree!

Maybe this can be something you two can hash-out via PM? This thread takes some work to follow as is. I'd rather just see picks (one time!) and Scriv's tally each week.
                          NP Ryan, just got to use a lot of nails.

Manoa, taking this offline, check your PMs

Comment

NP Ryan, just got to use a lot of nails.
                            What if he meant "still in powdered form"?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon

Hey I make firm commitments all the time...

I just tend to change em often

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                                What if he meant "still in powdered form"?
                                It would take a lot of nails, a whole lotta nails.

Plus warm water and a mold and sufficient chill time..........

Comment

Working...
                                X