Ninja Is Missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ninja Is Missing

Thank you all so very much! The BI was definately good for me. I got to keep myself really busy helping my friends out in Kurtistown. Worked hard, played with dogs and cats, rode in the back of trucks, met some nice new people and visited with old friends, shot bb guns, went to the dump, replanted trees, shoveled mulch, helped paint a house, cooked yummy food out in the country on a propane stove, designed a chicken coop, listened to kokee frogs, drank too much beer, watched stars... all good distractions! Thank goodness for good friends.

I miss my Ninja so much, especially her cute 'smile' and her 'foodie face' (this look she got when hungry)!! We gave her a nice beach burial ceremony in Kaaawa. Back to the sea. I am going to rescue another turtle as soon as I get settled in my new place. A guy at Kuoloa Ranch called me about a turtle he found that needs a home, so I plan to go see it this weekend. Was thinking of naming it Kui.

Thanks for everyone's concern and kind words
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

On behalf of myself, my boyfriend, and our two "children" Rishi and Frankie: "We're so sorry to hear about your loss."

Hugs to you...

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
        I miss my Ninja so much, especially her cute 'smile' and her 'foodie face' (this look she got when hungry)!! We gave her a nice beach burial ceremony in Kaaawa. Back to the sea. I am going to rescue another turtle as soon as I get settled in my new place. A guy at Kuoloa Ranch called me about a turtle he found that needs a home, so I plan to go see it this weekend. Was thinking of naming it Kui.
        glad you kept yourself BUSY on the big island.

why were you thinking of naming the new turtle "kui"?
        "chaos reigns within.
        reflect, repent and reboot.
        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

I am glad you had a good time with friends and many activities that had to
          make things easier for you! What fun it must have been. BTW, it's Coqui frog. Kokee is a really lovely area on Kauai that we used to go to with Maggie and
          stay at a lovely cabin years ago.

Comment

turtlegirl, we are so sorry. What a loss.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear that...

You know, in Russia I use to have a small pet turtle at home (we lived in a block of flats in high rise building on the 8th floor), and somehow she got out of her box and ended up on the balcony where we had a large gap between the rail and floor...and poor turtle fall down from the 8th floor!!!

She did not survived of course...my mother found her downstairs...

Comment

Dear turtlegirl,

I so enjoyed meeting and talking to you and Sven at the HT geek picnic, please accept my very belated condolences on your lost of Ninja.

As a fellow animal lover I know how you feel...

Beau

Comment

Re: Ninja Is Missing!!

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                  the run over turtle was Ninja.

Aloha oe, until we meet again.
                  Oh I am so sorry!! How very sad. I just saw this thread this morning---sorry I'm so late in offering condolences.

Comment

I just saw dis thread too.

My heartfelt condolences turtlegirl.

(((HUGS)))

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Thanks so much, everyone!
                      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

That's so cool.. a turtle named Ninja! My condolences as well.

I remember as a little kid, my folks bought me a "pet" turtle.. one of those really small ones, and I forget how, but it escaped and I never found it. I was so bummed. It was sad.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                        X