• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaveice
    replied
    Re: Car needed

Originally posted by speedtek
    Looking for a GOOD 95-up Toyota Camry or 94-up Honda Accord.

Automatic
    Working A/C
    reliable.

let me know thanks!
    . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    hi speedtek. i've got a 94 acura integra that i bought second hand in '95. the previous owner was the manager of pfluger acura. i've been tied up with stuff and have put off selling the car for so long; i posted a question months ago about the honda element cuz i planned to sell my acura and buy the element (need the space for my daughter and all her stuff).

i'm not into cars and don't know the first thing about em. i just drive em to get me from a to b and do the basic stuff: tune up, oil change, etc. never drove the car hard. i think it's got about 96,000 miles on it. changed the timing belt and water pump when it hit 10 years.

it's got a small dent on the driver's side above the wheel cuz some driver probably backed up into it at a shopping center. it's also got about 3 golf ball dings from golfers who don't know how to play. (i don't play; i just parked my car in an area where retired military people practiced their shots.)

when i checked months ago, the blue book value was 4k i believe but i'm willing to sell it for $3,400. i wasn't gonna post an ad for it here but since i saw your posting, i thought i'd reply. not a problem if you're not interested. i was planning on posting it on craigslist--which reminds me. besides the papers, you should check out craigslist cuz they've got a bunch of ads for cars there.

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Originally posted by Mataiva
    okay so what do you suggest, like I said I'm new, it would be advantages to receive input from a more experienced, more mature person such as yourself.
    Mature? See, now that's what I mean by a sense of humor.

My advice is still: Try not talking about car sales.

And that doesn't mean giving advice in a "moving to Hawaii" thread, then adding, "...and by the way, if you need a car when you get here, call me!" Put your business in your signature, and leave it at that.

You know how, at a big, fun picnic, everyone hates when someone suddenly whips out the Amway crap? Well, we all know you're in the car business, and provided you don't continue to be obnoxious about it, we'll all know who to ask when we're in the market. In the mean time... share something, anything, about yourself that isn't wrapped in an ad.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
    From the posts I've read, she only makes her pitch in areas of HT where it's perfectly fine to do so.
    You mean like her posts in "Introductions" or in the threads about "Bayfest" or "Pot Culture"...Perhaps your Google-fu needs a tuneup.
    Originally posted by Palolo Joe
    Unlike other members who decide to derail threads for no other reason than to bloat their post count.
    Says he, derailing the thread with an unrelated point, so he can get a dig in at someone. Don't worry, you'll catch up - just don't get put on hold for another month.
    Last edited by Leo Lakio; August 8, 2006, 01:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

This is the place for marketing, yes. Why Mataiva is getting the snark versus, say, Mr. Inkjet Refill is a mystery to me. Except, perhaps, that Mataiva's debut here was under the auspices of starting a conversation, but is clearly only loitering so long as she feels she can generate business.

Hell, in this case, someone posted that they wanted a car, and, hey, Tristan sells cars. If there's any area, or thread, where Mataiva's narrow, commercial focus is relevant, it's this one.

But like I said, she can't expect everyone to love her constant shilling, and the best way to respond would be to both have a sense of humor about it all and to also adjust the balance of her contributions to not further alienate her potential client base (which is how I read Leo's original response to her, after she seemed to imply we're not taking buy/sell posts seriously). Or, at least, to not pull a Tiny Tadani and go, "Well, I don't care if I'm annoying you, because I got what I want! Attention!"
    Last edited by pzarquon; August 8, 2006, 01:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Palolo Joe
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
    Since she seemed unable to make any of her posts NOT be about selling cars, I won't miss her.
    Now that's not a very nice thing to say.

From the posts I've read, she only makes her pitch in areas of HT where it's perfectly fine to do so. Unlike other members who decide to derail threads for no other reason than to bloat their post count.

If Tristin wants to make posts about buying and selling cars in the buying and selling section of HT, she should go right ahead. That's what it's there for.

Leave a comment:

• tikiyaki
    replied

Not taking sides, just copying and pasting...

Taken from this board's TOC...

<<Selling (1 Viewing)
    Merchandise and services offered and items of a commercial nature. Please keep it relevant to Hawaii. Spam posts will be marked as such.
    Local Inkjet Refilling...
    by Leo Lakio
    Today 10:38 AM
    134 705

Seeking (7 Viewing)
    Merchandise, services, information, and other items wanted. Please keep it relevant to Hawaii.
    Hale Ku`ai
    The HawaiiThreads.com marketplace.>>

Seems that the post is appropriate to this section, no ? Someone asked for a Honda....someone else sells Hondas.The post didn't seem SPAM-ish in nature , as he retorted to someone looking for a Honda.

Like I said...NOT taking a side, just quoting the board's TOC

Leave a comment:

• Mataiva
    replied

"I'd either learn to roll with the punches and try and diversify topic areas"

okay so what do you suggest, like I said I'm new, it would be advantages to receive input from a more experienced, more mature person such as yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Well whether I accumulate leads or just become the talk of the board, I've accomplished what I set out to achieve.....EXPOSURE.
    Good lord, I was JOKING about Tiny Tadani before, but now...chicken skin! The ghost walks again!

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

If that's the attitude you're going to take, Mataiva, you'll find your stay at HawaiiThreads pretty short. Many of us include references to our personal projects or businesses as part of our discussions, but constantly pounding on a single note and then further saying that you don't care what people think as long as you're getting "exposure" for your business is bad form. And certainly reflects poorly on your business ethics.

I'd either learn to roll with the punches and try and diversify topic areas, or find another place to do your marketing.

Leave a comment:

• Mataiva
    replied

Well whether I accumulate leads or just become the talk of the board, I've accomplished what I set out to achieve.....EXPOSURE.

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

I have no idea what you're trying to say, Manoa. (I mean, what "your" trying to say.) I agree that if you're going to post, you're going to get replies, and not all of them will be complimentary, particularly if your only motive seems commercial rather than conversational.

But what does that have to do with the ads (er, "adds") on the site?

Leave a comment:

• damontucker
    replied

Well I was just utilizing the free advertising aspect of HT
    and you think those adds on the top of this site are free?

Nothing in life comes for free... when your advertising on a talkstory board... your going to become the next story whether you like it or not.

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

That was fun actually...so I'm not planning on leaving so soon.
    Oh! Sorry for the premature obituary. I wasn't trying to chase you away, just suggesting that you might want to talk about other topics besides your car sales, before you pass judgement on people on the boards here.
    When you have something good, don't you want to share it?
    Share, yes. Cram down people's throats until they regurgitate, no.
    Sorry, Speedtek for the detour in thread, lil bit. Still have 04 Honda Accord, '00 toyota camry, 03 camry, '98 honda accord, and a bunch more!
    Not really sorry then, are you? You know a guy named Tiny Tadani, by chance?

Leave a comment:

• Mataiva
    replied

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
    Maybe she had fun anyway; good for her. Since she seemed unable to make any of her posts NOT be about selling cars, I won't miss her.

Meanwhile, commercial break over - back to speedtek's interrupted request.

That was fun actually...so I'm not planning on leaving so soon. Sorry, Speedtek for the detour in thread, lil bit.

Still have 04 Honda Accord, '00 toyota camry, 03 camry, '98 honda accord, and a bunch more!

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Hey Leo is the above the kinda stuff that would go good on this site? Opinions not pitches? well had fun! take care all
    Maybe she had fun anyway; good for her. Since she seemed unable to make any of her posts NOT be about selling cars, I won't miss her.

Meanwhile, commercial break over - back to speedtek's interrupted request.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X