This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tiny Tadani replacing Mahlon?!

Thanks Palolo Joe... I was just gonna say that... but you did it for me. Again, come out to Waikiki tonight and enjoy the festivities! It's a full on local crowd... in fact, get too much pakalolo in the air. OH GOD WOULD HATE THAT!

And yes, the events that I'm doing for KHUI surely fits in this thread since it's all a part of me trying to do my best to replace a very popular Mahlon Moore. I'm just showing some of what I can do. He did other things that I didn't do like the internet, the voice-overs, the programming. Hey, I can promote and market the station! GOD GAVE HIS ONE AND ONLY SON TO DIE FOR US ON THE CROSS... THE LEAST I CAN DO IS EMCEE SOME EVENTS FOR KHUI!

Well, I have to leave and get ready for my 6-10am shift at KHUI... beats going to work at 5am, like KUMU. In fact, getting to work by 6... is a "breeze." Oops... THAT WASN'T VERY GODLY OF ME.

Sorry MadAzza, I can't stop talking about FATHER GOD... HE IS SOOOO GOOD!!!

Good morning & GOD BLESS,

tiny

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
      Have you been to the Waikiki Hoolaulea in recent years? There are tons of locals. The event is just as much for them as it is for the tourists.

I'm straight.......

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
        I think instead of creating a brand new thread for Loulen's, he took advantage of the already-existing captivated audience that lived in this one. Marketing strategy maybe?
        No "maybe" about it.
        At the risk of being called "evil" and of threats of being boycotted, I'll say that Tiny's last couple of posts were 90% advertisements for his clients and that they have absolutely no place in this thread, or in this section. There's a separate section of HawaiiThreads that is strictly for commercial messages, and I hope the moderator(s) will enforce that.
        I'll also say that his last couple of posts, full of marketing hype, are classic examples of his style that offends so many of us.

We're a discussion group, not a marketing forum.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

the grand opening of Loulen's Restaurant. Wow... kind of sticks out in the Kalihi community... it's so nice.
          Wow laulau wat dat pose to mean?

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
            We're a discussion group, not a marketing forum.

WOW........a whole 35 of us that hang here in the media section. Real big marketing scheem.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny Tadani
              You noticed Mahlon still does our traffic... he's contracted out by Gary Kewley's company that provides that service and he still does our stations. He stopped adding his name to the reports... and I don't say it either... out of respect to him. I did slip up a few times on the first day and said it. Mahlon and I have always been friends and I don't think he would hold it against me for taking the job opportunity. I think his website will do well... along with all his other voicework. I wish I had a voice like that.
              Mahalo for da' info. I was curious what the deal was.

Also, glad your PD considered my suggestion about the branding campaign. It can really make or break the entire advertising initiative of your company. The right logo, slogan and jingle is a great start.

The information Tiny gave above pretty much sums up the original topic of this thread.

Seems a few of ya' have problems when threads drift too much. I personally don't have a problem with that. As long as the drift is within reason. Now if we started an ongoing discussion about UH football here, then I can see calling it a wrap.

Seriously though, some folks should lay off drinkin' that HaterAde.

On that note, hope you folks can come hang out tonight at da' Waikiki Hoolaulea. So much great music, food and fun! You probably couldn't see more radio personalities put together in one place more than you could here. And yes, get just as much locals as there are tourists. See ya' there!
              Last edited by Pomai; September 9, 2005, 01:24 PM.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Howzit Everybody?!

No sorry, i'm not THE Braddah Sam, though yes, you were correct in making a connections. We're relatives (aren't all Tongans?!) & i love to eat. You'll never miss with that combo! I"M BIG ON FOOD!!! i'm more of a background personality.

I'm digging the thread, been reading since Day 1 (of Tiny's deal) & enjoyed the turn of tides. The input has been NOTICEABLY changing Tiny's show & i would even venture, Tiny!

I'll be at Ho'olaule'a enjoying the big local block party--& NO it's not just for tourists (why let them have the best of Hawaii?!) or for the non-straights (see Sponge Rider's question), but for all Hawaii's 'ohana. Hungry Polynesians included! C u there?! i hear Kapena is on Tiny's stage from 7 p.m. & free gasoline is becoming a better giveaway than Vegas.

Comment

Just got back from the KHUI promotion tonight... the grand opening of Loulen's Restaurant. Wow... kind of sticks out in the Kalihi community...

TNT
                  Eh, I'm a Kalihi Tita born and raised. What da hell you talking about hea? Do you know that we have many great resturants in Kalihi? We have varous cultural ones that are well known and many public figures who have come out of Kalihi too. So, as far as Loulen's Resturant sticking out of Kalihi...braddah you just put a damper on it cause this Tita and her friends ain't going now! I also assume there are a few Farrington grads out here who are pist with you right now too! As the song goes..."Who do you think you are? Mr. Big Stuff?"

Note: Sorry Mel, I wanted to take it to another thread but I didn't want to waste the space on such a moron.
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Auntie, I think Tiny was referring to Loulen's as something you wouldn't normally see in Kalihi. Like a diamond in the rough.

Sometimes the best places can be found in some unusual locations like Side Street. I worked in Kakaako for over 20-years, lived in Honolulu all my life but I never once heard of the place until I went there one night with some co-workers. I thought I was going to a Korean Bar just walking to the place. But when I went in I was floored! How the heck this place stayed a secret to me for that long dumbfounded me.

I think Tiny was saying something just like that...a great place in a place you'd never think. It just goes to show you that Kalihi has a lot to offer to the rest of us. Maybe a Taste of Kalihi event should be staged to showcase the many hole in the walls and terrific restaurants in the neighborhood.

Too bad I won't be able to see any of this since I'm all the way over in Keaau. I really miss those great eats in Kalihi and Waipahu...still think Libby's Manapua makes the best pork hash!!
                    Last edited by craigwatanabe; September 9, 2005, 11:23 AM.
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Howzit Tiny? I am retired in Florida and just happened to hear the news about your move crosstown from KUMU. This forum is such a terrific tool to keep in touch with media and island happenings. You and I had a few philosophical disagreements regarding programming, but let me be counted among those who wish you continued success. You are a real hustler with limitless energy and as someone who has had some rough spots in the highway of life, as have many of us in entertainment, I know there are those who refuse to allow a person to turn things around physically and spititually. No one can change the past, but the future is another story. You leave KUMU in much better shape than you found it and you were a major part of its recent success. I know you'll do great things for KHUI. In a way, you are the P.T. Barnum of Honolulu. Continued good fortune, brah! P.S. What will become of "Mandy In The Morning" as a result of your departure?

Comment

I know this is drifting off the topic but I just want to add to what Aunty said because it's the..."it's so nice"...part that hurts. There are a lot of nice places in the Kalihi/Palama area and a whole lot of nice and beautiful people too. Nuff said. Plus I still going check the place out because I like try different restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani
                          I know this is drifting off the topic but I just want to add to what Aunty said because it's the..."it's so nice"...part that hurts. There are a lot of nice places in the Kalihi/Palama area and a whole lot of nice and beautiful people too. Nuff said. Plus I still going check the place out because I like try different restaurants.
                          It's like I mentioned a few months ago -- even on this island, small as it is, people can be very provincial. Tiny is from Kāne‘ohe and I'm going to guess that most of his exposure to Kalihi is driving down Likelike Highway on his way to town.

Comment

Uh-ohhhh.....

Mel's gonna get after y'all!!!

Better use this:

Comment

That's why I added the "yet" to the goal of beating KSSK. Like the bible says... "with God, anything is possible."

TNT
                              So *that's* what God was doing when he was supposed to be taking care of those folks down South! He was busy with the all-important task of managing Hawaii's radio stations!

Now it all makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                                It's like I mentioned a few months ago -- even on this island, small as it is, people can be very provincial. Tiny is from Kāne‘ohe and I'm going to guess that most of his exposure to Kalihi is driving down Likelike Highway on his way to town.

I think you're right Glen, a lot of us are pretty naive when it comes to venturing out of our "Hood". But then again it takes people like Auntie to set us straight and Tiny's TV show to showcase them.

Tiny...regards to your dad! I had the pleasure of doing business with him at CC Ceramics when I was working at the Gas Company, he had a propane dispenser there selling gas.
                                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X