This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tiny Tadani replacing Mahlon?!

Say what kind of food does Loulen's Restaurant serve?

Comment

As a cook, I would assume Roast turkey, Roast Beef or Prime Rib, Mahi Mahi, or Ham, Toss and other salads. Desserts. I could be wrong. Each establishment has their own version of Continental Buffet...this is just one of the basic one's I know of. And perhap's one of their signiture foods.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

They have GREAT food--including a whole Filipino menu (one dish requires 1 1/2 hours to make--the Pata) & excellent continental cuisine including the seafood soup (bouillabase) & Spanish-inspired fish escaviche. Try too the beef tenderloin tips, Chef Louise (1/2 of the LouLen's team, wife is other half) promises me it'll be part of tonite's All-You-Can-Eat $10 Buffet. They also have stuffed Tiger Prawns & fresh fish. Serious Yummy.

They're kicking it all off with wine-tasting & dignitaries are flying in from the Phillipines!

Comment

Originally posted by Langi
          They have GREAT food--including a whole Filipino menu (one dish requires 1 1/2 hours to make--the Pata) & excellent continental cuisine including the seafood soup (bouillabase) & Spanish-inspired fish escaviche. Try too the beef tenderloin tips, Chef Louise (1/2 of the LouLen's team, wife is other half) promises me it'll be part of tonite's All-You-Can-Eat $10 Buffet. They also have stuffed Tiger Prawns & fresh fish. Serious Yummy.

They're kicking it all off with wine-tasting & dignitaries are flying in from the Phillipines!
          Sounds all great but MAMA and I will be there to enjoy your fine cuisine another night. She can't handle crowds. Parking will be impossible!

Good Luck!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Awwww! But yeah, i'm not going for same reasons. Much appreciation for Tiny & for another great small Mom&Pop business adding to the "New Kalihi" improvements, but can't do crowds. Aloha & Blessings Anyways & Always...

Comment

OK, some folks in the peanut gallery have mentioned topic drift. So as the local topic cop in this section, I ask that we now keep on the topic related to Tiny running the morning show on KHUI. If not then perhaps this topic is a wrap. And yes, I'm guilty of the topic drift too in regards to the parody song.... still parody and hijinx are part of personality driven radio.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Will this be their normal menu or is the buffet only for the Grand Opening? Reading the above I know I'll be going there soon. That one block of King St. from Houghtailing/Waiakamilo to Kohou sure get plenty places to eat. Almost like Waialae Ave. between 10th Ave. and Koko Head Ave. As why Kalihi so good!

Oops sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                  Geez. When the extent of conversation has dwindled to "LOL" deserving of its
                  banned status
                  about bloody time, mate!

Comment

Hmmm... da message stay real smaht about da local kine grindz and da poster's name stay Langi... hmmmm... Braddah Sam, dat you fo' real?
                    Welcome to da ohana, neighbor!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Just got back from the KHUI promotion tonight... the grand opening of Loulen's Restaurant. Wow... kind of sticks out in the Kalihi community... it's so nice. Had lots of fun and good food.

Well, tomorrow night I'll be hosting the KHUI stage at the Waikiki Ho'olaule'a in front of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. My morning partner, Dawn O'Brien will be with me introducing groups and giving away prizes. It's from 7-10pm... we'll start with Kapena, then Leimomi Ho, a halau, and then the Kenny Endo Taiko Drummers.

I think this (promotions/events) are a part of the thread theme. I just wanted to add another dimension to the relationship here. You all can come see me live in action... and then you can give your opinions back here... or even better... face to face. I'd love meeting you guys. And I'll try to be nice... nah.

Palolo Joe... hope you didn't think I was being arrogant or over confident on the "Perry & Price" remark... but in this business... you don't push to be #2. Even if that would be great, you never want to aim for anything but the top. That's why I added the "yet" to the goal of beating KSSK. Like the bible says... "with God, anything is possible."

TNT

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny Tadani
                        Like the bible says... "with God, anything is possible."

TNT
                        Pssst. Hey. Kid.

Would it be "possible" for you not to mention your religion in every post?

Comment

Well, tomorrow night I'll be hosting the KHUI stage at the Waikiki Ho'olaule'a in front of the Royal Hawaiian Hotel. My morning partner, Dawn O'Brien will be with me introducing groups and giving away prizes.
                          TNT
                          You see, I don't get this. Who thinks of this kind of branding and imaging of a local radio station? Waikiki is loaded with visitors that DON'T listen to local radio. Waist of time and energy? Someone set me straight.

Comment

I think this (promotions/events) are a part of the thread theme. I just wanted to add another dimension to the relationship here.
                            Not quite. The grand opening of Loulen's Restaurant would have best been done on it's own seperate thread, which you can create. Considering the amount of replies it generated (around 14) sort of drifted the topic from Tiny Tadani replacing Mahlon?!.

Comment

Originally posted by Sponge Rider
                              You see, I don't get this. Who thinks of this kind of branding and imaging of a local radio station? Waikiki is loaded with visitors that DON'T listen to local radio. Waist of time and energy? Someone set me straight.
                              Have you been to the Waikiki Hoolaulea in recent years? There are tons of locals. The event is just as much for them as it is for the tourists.

Comment

Originally posted by helen

Not quite. The grand opening of Loulen's Restaurant would have best been done on it's own seperate thread, which you can create. Considering the amount of replies it generated (around 14) sort of drifted the topic from Tiny Tadani replacing Mahlon?!.
                                I think instead of creating a brand new thread for Loulen's, he took advantage of the already-existing captivated audience that lived in this one. Marketing strategy maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X