X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tiny Tadani replacing Mahlon?!

Originally posted by Peshkwe

One does come to realize after a bit that forum reality (whatever that may be) has a kind of law unto itself not unlike the 'Law of the Jungle' where there are the lone wolves, the pack and pride where one cares for the other, the gore crows and the ravaging mauraders...the fittest survive to post on the morrow.
    I love your terminology.

Whoops...I guess this qualifies as another "atta boy" post. Oh well, shoot me. 'Ainokea.

Comment

>;-]p~~~

LOL!!

Comment

Geez. When the extent of conversation has dwindled to "LOL" (deserving of its banned status, frankly), I think it's time to move on. Cleanup on aisle six!

Unless, you know, anyone else has specific obervations and reactions to Tiny's return to radio? I told myself to give him up to his first mention of his CD, and ended up turning it off within a couple of hours.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
          But hey, maybe I can click on the scale thing to move you to another green square or something.
          Geez, I just looked at my "User CP" and see that the only square I got was a red one for this thread. (It was given at 2:37am; four hours after your post, Mel, so I doubt it was you.) No greenies.
          All I can say is (with pre-apologies to Ryan):
          LOL

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

baashkaapiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Is that better?

*snicker*

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              Geez. When the extent of conversation has dwindled to "LOL" I think it's time to move on. Cleanup on aisle six!
              As soon as I seen my name included in a parody of this thread I thought the same thing.

Originally posted by pzarquon
              Unless, you know, anyone else has specific obervations and reactions to Tiny's return to radio?
              RE: Branding Campaign...

Tiny had a listener-submitted slogan contest this morning.

My spin on a few favorites:
              • KHUI... "Honolulu's Music, Honolulu's Station".
              • KHUI... "Honolulu's New Old School"

Tiny,
              KHUI's playlist repeats the same old Kalapana "greatest hits" tracks. Please ask the PD to include tracks from their "Back In Your Heart" and "Hurricane" albums. Almost EVERY song on those albums are radio-worthy greats that deserve air time. Some of Mackey Feary's best work are on those discs. Also, "So Free" by Kaau Crater Boys (non-Jawaiian song). There's so much more great Hawaiian contemporary that you folks can expand on. As long as it ISN'T "Jawaiian" - KDNN and KCCN already has that covered.

Congrats on a great new morning radio show and what looks like a promising new station.
              Last edited by Pomai; September 8, 2005, 12:30 PM.
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Thanks for the input Pomai. I actually ran the liner/slogan contest after you wrote about our identity... or lack of one. That was good advice. I talked to the program director about that... and he agrees.

The nice thing about this job is that they're not expecting us to take of KSSK right now. It's a gradual thing where the music will expand daily. I even have a list of songs I'd like to hear in rotation. I'm gonna bring my own Mackey solo CD next week and feature him the way I did with "Summer" today. Give us some time and we hope to be up to speed and surpass our competitor... or at least equal them in content.

You noticed Mahlon still does our traffic... he's contracted out by Gary Kewley's company that provides that service and he still does our stations. He stopped adding his name to the reports... and I don't say it either... out of respect to him. I did slip up a few times on the first day and said it. Mahlon and I have always been friends and I don't think he would hold it against me for taking the job opportunity. I think his website will do well... along with all his other voicework. I wish I had a voice like that.

Anyway, mahalos again for listening.

p/s - my favorite new slogan for the radio station is from my top 10 list is...

The New 99-5 K-HUI... Where it all ends with "U" & "I"

or my funniest one...

99-5... Wasn't that the USC/UH score?

Comment

Forgot to mention... does anyone want to come out to the Loulen's Restaurant grand opening? It's in Kalihi right past the post office across from 7-11. It features a Continental buffet for just $10 tonight. And were giving away a trip for 2 to Las Vegas in a drawing.

If you can make it... it starts around 6pm and goes until around 10pm. I'll be emceeing from 5:30-8ish. Come down and introduce yourselves to me.

Aloha,

tiny

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny Tadani
                    The nice thing about this job is that they're not expecting us to take of KSSK right now.
                    I wouldn't expect you guys to overthrow the perennial top dog in the market either. You have your hands full enough right now trying to deal with KINE...

Comment

MAMA and I will be there at 7:00 p.m. The chance for a Vegas Trip sounds too good to pass up! Nah, joke. We'll be there. I want to try the food and write about it in my blog. I'll say HI!

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny Tadani
                        Forgot to mention... does anyone want to come out to the Loulen's Restaurant grand opening? It's in Kalihi right past the post office across from 7-11. It features a Continental buffet for just $10 tonight. And were giving away a trip for 2 to Las Vegas in a drawing.
                        Is this on North King Street between Kohou St. and Waiakamilo Rd.?

Comment

Helen, It's near the 7'11 Kapalama. Next to Jesse's Bakery Building.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Is this also close by the Kapalama Canal?

Comment

Go early because no mo dat much parking space. What is a Continental Buffet?
                              Last edited by D'Alani; September 8, 2005, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Well, that's crappy cause if no moa parking space then I going eat some place else. I no moa time to waste wen I hungry. I can go another day when no moa crowds anyway. I'll still pass by and if I can find a parking, I'll go. If can not, das the breaks. At least I tried...they'll be other times. I live Kalihi! Kalihi Rules! Yeah Dennis?

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X