Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 4

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    ... that will turn our 2 party system on it's toes ...
    Now you got my attention. When you're ready, I hope you'll start a thread on this. I've long felt that the power consolidated in just two major parties has been a source of much division in this nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
      i am wrong.....my apology

*sits patiently and waits for the next punch*

mahalo
      I couldn't agree with you more.
      I couldn't disagree with you more.
      I couldn't agree to disagree with....

Comment

82 year old Helen is really on a roll this week...7 posts in 7 days. Today she knocks it outta the ballpark explaining to an undecided voter the difference between the 2 candidates. Priceless, I tell ya. I mean it. Really.

Comment

Governor Schwarzenegger mocks Senator Obama for being "skinny"

Comment

"John McCain's character has been tested as no other presidential candidate in the history of this nation," Schwarzenegger said. "He has spent five and a half years as a prisoner of war. He has been tested under torture, under temptation, under deprivation, under isolation.

"He has proven what kind of a man he is...."
            No he hasn't...not until his mental health records are made public. And that won't happen. A vile tempered, cussing, verbally abusing man is not my idea of an appropriate leader. While I have great respect for what McCain went thru, I don't believe for a minute that anyone can come out of 5 1/2 years as a tortured POW unscathed. McCain is the poster child for that.

Comment

Weeeellll.....I suppose if ya were to dose Obama with 'roids he could bulk up just like Arnie.

Comment

and as for being tested "under temptation"? Meet a woman in a bar, have an affair while still married? doesn't sound like he resisted temptation very well. Sorry, his actions then and his actions now speak a lot about his character. I don't think I've ever seen a dirtier campaign than this one and I've lost all respect for him.

I have a close family member that suffers from PTSD due to his own experience in Vietnam, and he was not a POW. McCain needs to let everyone who is contemplating voting for him know his full health status.
                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Check the lucidity of ol' Grammy McCain. 90-sumfin, and crystal clear, even though she is barely walking. As far as McCain's mental clarity goes, I view his temper in a different light. He's certainly not suffering from any kind of old age disease of the mind (dementia, alzheimers, etc). And his temper reminds you of a person who views himself as young in spirit, though, I will admit, a little overblown once or twice.
                  FutureNewsNetwork.com
                  Energy answers are already here.

Comment

House GOP leader uses expletive to describe Obama
                    Is this all the Republicans have left in their abysmal arsenal? What an embarrassment this party has become. Glad I'm no longer a member! And, no, I'm not a Democrat either!

Comment

• Ala Rap...

An Independant Republicrat.
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

There are several sites dedicated to exposing McCain's record as a POW, when he did propaganda and informed for the Communists and sold out his fellow Americans. These sites claim to be created by Vietnam Veterans who oppose him because of his betrayal. If they are correct, McCain's betrayal led directly to the deaths of many Americans. It is a mark of the decency of the Obama campaign that these accusations have not been used, unlike the lies from the washed up drunks and barflies used by Mr. Bush in his "Swiftboat" attacks against the legitimate war hero John Kerry in 2004. These sites are not hard to find. Happy hunting.

Comment

I keep asking myself, can I believe the stories this "war hero" tells about himself when he uses such dirty, untrue, miisleading campaign ads against his opponent, especially this last weekend of the campaign?

McPalin, all I can say is too little too late too dumb.

The true heros of the VietNam war era were the ones who refused to serve in an unjust war. McCain is not a hero in my opinion.
                          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                            Is this all the Republicans have left in their abysmal arsenal? What an embarrassment this party has become. Glad I'm no longer a member! And, no, I'm not a Democrat either!
                            You tell 'em Granny! I'm happy to see you, and blogger Helen, and old fogies like myself, with such passion. Seniors rock! Pay attention youngsters!
                            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              While I have great respect for what McCain went thru, I don't believe for a minute that anyone can come out of 5 1/2 years as a tortured POW unscathed. McCain is the poster child for that.
                              McCain's fellow prisoners would attest to that, but judging from their reactions, they must have heard and seen much worse!

Comment

Kucinich: Raid conducted to help McCain

Comment

Working...
                                X