The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 4

Obama only needed 270 of the electoral votes to win. He has 338 (at last count). Even if McCain got all the rest of the votes, he could not win.

Comment

Libs like Income Redistribution right up until you ask them to pay for your beer at the bar.

Funny la'dat.
      FutureNewsNetwork.com
      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
        sansei: McCain has conceded so the rest of the votes in the presidential/vice presidential race do not matter anymore. Obama won.
        Here's what the NY Times has to say about Obama's victory:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/05/op...hp&oref=slogin

"Mr. Obama won the election because he saw what is wrong with this country: the utter failure of government to protect its citizens. He promised to lead a government that does not try to solve every problem but will do those things beyond the power of individual citizens: to regulate the economy fairly, keep the air clean and the food safe, ensure that the sick have access to health care, and educate children to compete in a globalized world.

This is about America being returned to its citizens. It's about civil rights being restored to the people who make this country what it is.

It's a time for better cultural understanding within our own borders. It's what America was supposed to be about but so many seem to have forgotten some of the most basic constitutional principles in the last eight years. The right to be heard. The right to be considered innocent until proven guilty. The protection of the weak and poor. And the fundamentals of justice.

It's about an America that doesn't condone torture. It's about an America whose agenda is determined by its citizens, not by a select few in darkened rooms. And its about an America that will once again earn a level of respect in the international arena.

But it won't be easy. Obama has to overcome eight years of terrible mistakes. Meanwhile, the world is watching.

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
          hi this is sansei and in response to adri,the vote's here and in the west coast do count is mccain even though they conceded,they would have a chance and if mccain may happen to become our pres,i'd then smile.

well thank's for your time
          Despite the election being called for Obama, I am sure that they will continue to diligently count the votes until 100% of precincts in all 50 states are reported. We will see full results, perhaps by tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
            /snip
            But it won't be easy. Obama has to overcome eight years of terrible mistakes. Meanwhile, the world is watching.

Yup, the world is watching the the global stocks are rising

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...liticalflipper

I hope the NY Times article is right about the rest too

Comment

Obama has to overcome eight years of terrible mistakes.
              Among many fascinating images we've seen tonight, I really enjoyed the person in Times Square holding up a huge sign that said
              Bush, You're Fired

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

And he has 4 years to do it! If Obama doesn't fix 8 years of mistakes in 4 years to the peoples' satisfaction, we'll have to deal with 4 more years of Sarah Palin or George P Bush.

Comment

• Originally posted by sansei View Post
                  hi this is sansei and this is the worst day of my life since obama was elected as president and one thing though,they havent counted the hawaii and west coast vote so their maybe a chance for Mccain and palin.
                  Worst day of your life? Then you are one lucky guy. The "worst day of my life" is certainly a heady decision, and not even in the running is an election which is decided by electoral college votes.

Worst day? How about a child's death? Or best friend's death? How about a family member's betrayal? Being sent to a war you don't support? Family member being addicted? Jail for a loved one? Child with life threatening illness. My Gawd, the list goes on and on what could constitute "the worst day of my life" for the average person. You must be very sheltered if an election is your worst day.

Heck, your having to hide in the bathroom whenever someone (I think you said 7th Day Adventist?) knocks on the door, that might qualify as a worst day. Fear must be one of the worst things.

Get over the election results. It is what it is. Concentrate now on how you can make things better.

I remain unconvinced that Sensei is not just pulling the collective HT leg.
                  Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

I didn't even bat an eye when John Kerry lost the election. I said to myself, "Well, we had the choice of War Man, or Ketchup Man", and they were both quite awful.

Ross Perot remains a major influence in my political thought process.

Comment

Regarding Bush... one of my favorite bumper stickers:

1/20/09 - The End Of An Error

Amene.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to amati,im not pulling HT'S leg and this is in my own heart,no joke,obama will set us back many year's due to a certain bill by senator a who'm i wont mention and we'll be living back in the year's of the old way's,this is very sad.

Comment

sansei: Which bill? Which senator? Seriously, I am interested.

Comment

I have to say that this is a surreal feeling for me right now because I'm realizing, this is the first time I've really been aware of a change in Presidents. The last election there was no change; the one before that I was at the age where I really wasn't conscious of it. And putting all politics aside, I feel really lucky to have gotten to participate in and witness one of those monumentous events that is going to be spoken of in history classes a hundred years from now. I think we're all lucky.
                            Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                            Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Nader's last minute press conference

Network reports Rep. Rahm Emanuel has agreed to be Obama's chief of staff.

John McCain: What went wrong (be sure that we will find many articles of this type for a while)
                              Last edited by Vanguard; November 5, 2008, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                                hi this is sansei and this is the worst day of my life since obama was elected as president and one thing though,they havent counted the hawaii and west coast vote so their maybe a chance for Mccain and palin.

I knew it was over when Obama already had 185 electoral votes because the west coast would guarantee him the election. This one was over with quite early. Thank goodness.

Aj

Comment

Working...
                                X