The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2008 Presidential Elections - Chapter 4

Tampa Bay, Florida McCain rally draws 1,000 supporters.

Stadium capacity: 65,857

Comment

I'll bet Sen. McCain was relieved to finally get Vice President Cheney's endorsement over the weekend. Just the boot boost their campaign was looking for!

Comment

Final Rove electoral map sees large Obama win over McCain--From the LA Times Online Edition

Well, the final day before the official presidential voting and the final version of Karl Rove's exclusive national electoral map sees a strong victory for Barack Obama, gaining the most electoral votes since Bill Clinton's lopsided win over Bob Dole in 1996.

According to the research of compiled state polls by Karl Rove & Co., the hypothetical electoral college numbers suggest an Obama win over the Republican ticket of John McCain and Sarah Palin of 338 electoral votes to 200.

For the final report, Rove has allocated each state to the candidate leading there in state polls today.

According to these calculations, Obama takes hard-fought Florida. But McCain edges ahead in Indiana, Missouri, North Dakota and North Carolina.

Rove notes that Obama and McCain are in dead heats in North Carolina and Missouri, but the most recent polls over the weekend show a trend toward the Republican ticket. "Florida, too, could end up in McCain’s column," Rove adds, "since he’s benefited from recent movement in the state." But it's not enough for the Arizona senator to capture the necessary 270.

Comment

George Bush clearly isn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier, and we clearly need a president who has some intelligence.
          Like George Bush, John McCain also had a college reputation as a party boy. McCain entered the United States Naval Academy at Annapolis. There, McCain came into conflict with higher-ranking personnel, he did not always obey the rules, and that contributed to his being almost the very bottom of his class, ranking a miserable 894th out of 899. He did well in academic subjects that interested him, such as literature and history, but studied only enough to pass subjects he struggled with, such as mathematics. McCain graduated in 1958.
          Compare that with Barack Obama. A graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he had the rare honor of serving as president of the Harvard Law Review. Obama worked as a community organizer and practiced as a civil rights attorney before serving three terms in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004. He taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004. He graduated with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) magna cum laude from Harvard in 1991.
          I want a president who can thoughtfully look at his options and then make correct decisions.
          John McCain's biggest decision in this campaign was whom to choose as his running mate. He chose Sarah Palin, quite likely the least qualified person in the entire political arena. McCain's very first important decision was a massive failure. What decisions would he make in the oval office?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Election Day Freebees:

Starbucks: "To ensure we are in compliance with election law, we are extending our offer to all customers who request a tall brewed coffee." "I voted" sticker not mentioned (probably a good idea to bring it anyway)

Krispy Kreme: Requires "I voted" stickers, apparently

Ben and Jerry's: 5pm - 8pm + "I voted" sticker

Comment

aww. I have my receipt with my special electronic machine voting code on it that I got after standing in line for an hour on Saturday. That's kind of like a "I voted" sticker...kind of

Comment

"Democrats, vote Wednesday": Phony Virginia Flier Culprit Found, "no charges would be filed"

Ohio district touchscreens would only accept votes for Ralph Nader

Voting problems reported at Tampa Bay, Florida

Why John McCain will win
                Last edited by Vanguard; November 4, 2008, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Woohoo! He's over 270 (assuming the estimates are right)!

Comment

The Democrats are Kicking ass and taking names.

Comment

hi this is sansei and this is the worst day of my life since obama was elected as president and one thing though,they havent counted the hawaii and west coast vote so their maybe a chance for Mccain and palin.

well thank's for your time

Comment

sansei: McCain has conceded so the rest of the votes in the presidential/vice presidential race do not matter anymore. Obama won.

Comment

What a shame for you, sansei, as this is the best day in this country's history.
                          Too bad you weren't a part of it.

At least, have a good night.
                          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                            hi this is sansei and this is the worst day of my life since obama was elected as president and one thing though,they havent counted the hawaii and west coast vote so their maybe a chance for Mccain and palin.

As the late Lakers broadcaster Chick Hearn would say:
                            This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!: This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!:

Comment

WB, Chickie baby would have only said it once, but this is a night for exceptions!
                              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to adri,the vote's here and in the west coast do count is mccain even though they conceded,they would have a chance and if mccain may happen to become our pres,i'd then smile.

Comment

Working...
                                X