X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: this forum name is abhorrent

Originally posted by admin
    I've merged stumphurple's various postings on the "dangerous tendancy for hawaii people to not appreciate america" and how "monarchy is the antithesis of freedom" from various unrelated topics into this one thread.

For those willing to engage stumphurple on these topics, this is the place to do it. Stumphurple, please don't derail other threads. And remember that you are a guest in this place. If you truly "hope to get to know everyone here better through the posts," I'd suggest you stop looking for anti-Americanism or other failings of Hawaii or Hawaiians in every corner and participate in a real conversation.
    Maybe give TuNnL and stumphrple each a pair of boxing gloves and their own ring...on another web site!

Comment

Perhaps Stumpy needs to go back to the dictionary and look up the definition of "Asylum" before criticizing the name of the thread:

"...An institution for the care of people, especially those with physical or mental impairments, who require organized supervision or assistance.
      A place offering protection and safety; a shelter.
      A place, such as a church, formerly constituting an inviolable refuge for criminals or debtors.
      The protection afforded by a sanctuary. See Synonyms at shelter.
      Protection and immunity from extradition granted by a government to a political refugee from another country."

In the inimitable words of Firesign Theater, "We're all bozos on this bus"

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

But, Miulang, that would require him to, you know, read and form an objective opinion using critical thought. Silly Miulang!

Comment

Originally posted by zztype
          Lili'uokalani was going to change the "Bayonet Constitution" that had been forced on Kalakaua by those same sugar planters and businessment aforementioned. She was intending to take back some of the power usurped by those businessmen previously. Check your facts.
          in other words a revolt by the citizens of the kingdom forced the king to abrogate some of his powers. where have i seen this script before? oh yeah the american and french revolutions. two of the greatest steps for democracy and human freedom ever. were they perfect? no of course not. revolution is never perfect. same with the 'bayonet' constitution.

however these citizens resorted to force only after watching kalakauas notoriously corrupt [think claus spreckels] administration bungle and mismanage. they got fed up. they revolted. and then the queen tried to reinstate her own personal dictatorship by abrogating the constitution she took an oath to defend. the very height of arrogance!

subsequently they asked a competent power america to assume control. a power incidentally that knew enough about the basic social contract to build a military force. the hawaiian kingdom had no military worth mentioning. they were utterly defeated by an internal revolt. if that situation had continued hawaii would be worse off like the other poverty stricken substandard pacific islands.

we should thank god every day for january 17 1893

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
            Perhaps Stumpy needs to go back to the dictionary and look up the definition of "Asylum" before criticizing the name of the thread:

"...An institution for the care of people, especially those with physical or mental impairments, who require organized supervision or assistance.
            A place offering protection and safety; a shelter.
            A place, such as a church, formerly constituting an inviolable refuge for criminals or debtors.
            The protection afforded by a sanctuary. See Synonyms at shelter.
            Protection and immunity from extradition granted by a government to a political refugee from another country."

In the inimitable words of Firesign Theater, "We're all bozos on this bus"

Miulang
            as i said im sure the last meaning was what was intended. however the first primary meaning [which some people connote with 'madhouse'] gives the impression, especially in the skillful hands of fifth columnists, that america is somehow a crazy place removed from the rest of the world.

however another poster aptly noted that the very notion of freedom seems like a crazy thing in this dictatorial world of ours. therefore i rescinded my original objections. i still dont like the characteristic anti americanism fostered in the local tradition. i think it stifles so much of hawaiis potential and foments revisionist history and other propaganda.

Comment

Ahhhh whaddahell... don't feed the troll. I suggest everybody avail themselves of the "Ignore List" function of this board.
              Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

see this is what happens when you confront hawaiian sovereignty activists with their own pack of lies. the revisionist history they insist on cramming down everyones throat has no basis in fact. they know this but they keep up the charade in the interests of greed and spreading hate in our islands. disgusting.

Comment

Eh, Slurripndirt! Meet me at Aala Park Bench 13 anytime in person, so I can give you whack whacks! Who da hell you tink you are coming unto our Ohana Forum with your Idiotic Crap. You want to talk crap in person ~ meet me, I'll oblige ya in the flesh!

Otherwise...take a hike somewhere else. I got powers you wouldn't want to mess around with. And I ain't talking "Human!"

Auntie Pupule

Last Warning!
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                    Eh, Slurripndirt! Meet me at Aala Park Bench 13 anytime in person, so I can give you whack whacks! Who da hell you tink you are coming unto our Ohana Forum with your Idiotic Crap. You want to talk crap in person ~ meet me, I'll oblige ya in the flesh!

Otherwise...take a hike somewhere else. I got powers you wouldn't want to mess around with. And I ain't talking "Human!"

Auntie Pupule

Last Warning!
                    oh wow another violent angry activist trying to intimidate me into accepting a falsified version of history. besides your childish name calling you havent focused on the main point raised: that the record of events most anti american activists spew is pure and simple a lie. it will be a lie whether you give me whack whacks or not. it will be a lie no matter how many times you repeat it. and that is why there is no justice in your cause. because there is no truth in it either.

Comment

ignore tool intialized.

Comment

There goes your campaign for governor, Auntie.

Edited to add: Whoops, looks like Admin killed Auntie's last post. Was only there for two seconds. Nevah mind!

Comment

when confronted with the facts hawaiian sovereignty activists retreat into their own ignorance. amazing.

Comment

I think she should hire Stumpy to campaign against her - guaranteed to win her votes!

Comment

Amazing what pinging can do or what finding out about people when you get connections! Hmmm...where do I start?

Totally amazing Internet Abilities and where one can get information.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Lynn, that is not appropriate language for this community.

Stumphurple, it is clear from your posting across several unrelated topics that, despite your "who me?" protestations to the contrary, your interest and enjoyment seems to come primarily from trolling -- posting provocative and inflammatory messages only to derive satisfaction from the inevitable contrary responses. Your characterization of everyone here as "Hawaiian Activists" and use of baiting language makes it obvious you both don't understand the nature of our community, nor how to interact online at all.

If you continue this trend -- particularly turning other innocuous conversations into debates about America and the failings of Hawaii -- you will not be welcome here.

Obviously, this is not the first warning you've received to this effect, but I'll make it official. We've only banned a handful of people for reasons besides simple spamming, and I'd hate to add to that list of infamy.

Everyone else, don't feed the troll. Stumphurple thrives on it, and you're giving it to him. Here's information on the "Ignore" function of this forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X