My mom passed away, and I need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My mom passed away, and I need some advice

Well, MJ, it sounds like "the business of death" is falling into place for you. What a relief that must be. And, it will finally allow you the time to grieve. Don't forget to do that, okay?!

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
      I have been busy working my personal remembrance for my father-in-law's
      memorial service which is being held the day after my birthday. Everyone has been busy writing back and forth editing/changing/commenting on the program
      and such now that the obituary marathon is over. We were lucky to get a reporter to do a nice story on his life and career in the St. Paul paper too.
      Obits are RIDICULOUSLY expensive in MN and I'm wondering about the cost here. It was 30 characters per line including spaces and $10.00 each line
      we whittled edited and cut it down to about $750.00 each (his mom wanted it
      in both metropolitan papers.)

I need to get myself geared up for about 18 hours of travel on Thursday/Friday of this week to the land of ice and snow, most unusual birthday to be sure.
      Basic obit here is free in all newspapers but I think it has to be submitted by a funeral home. We didn't pay a dime for my Dad's obituary in the Honolulu Advertiser, Honolulu Star Bulletin, West Hawaii (Kona) and the Tribune Herald (Hilo).
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        Well, MJ, it sounds like "the business of death" is falling into place for you. What a relief that must be. And, it will finally allow you the time to grieve. Don't forget to do that, okay?!
        My dad's relieved that his estate planning is in place, and my mom is mostly taken care of. We still need to choose a resting place and organize a memorial, but that doesn't have to be done this week.

Yeah, my dad and I have been busy or been keeping ourselves busy. Not much time for grieving. We'll see how it goes. :_)
        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
        "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
        "
        Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

My condolences to you and your family MJ.

Comment

Working...
          X