Breakups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Breakups

Pheeeew, TG!!! But sorry you don't get a chance to make Adam Sandler the next-ex-Mr.-You!!!! Are you working on "Get a Job"? Jeez...you don't have to answer that! I'm just being nosey 'cuz I want to see you keep working!

Comment

Oops! Duplicate post...

Comment

I'm so sorry for your pain, TG. After the hurting lessens you might be able to find some good in it all. But until then, carry lotsa tissues and cry it out. That worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
          And if he tells me one more time to "get a real job", I just might beat him to death w/ a stack of vouchers!!
          Oooh make sure you get the video camera rolling and post it on youtube. I'm sure it'll have high ratings!!! LOL!!!
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I really still don't know what to say...
            other than a lot of us think you're cool and wish you the bestest.
            Have fun, relax and do what 'you' want to do!
            Maui No Ka Oi
            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
              a lot of us think you're cool and wish you the bestest...Maui No Ka Oi
              OMG?! What a nice thing to say...I never thought I was cool (or even accepted here) Having recently moved here, sheesh, I'm just generally confused or surprised, happy or disappointed, about everything(!), but so serious about staying and making my life here work out. Seriously, its just like that, black or white! Wierd? I dunno. To top it off, my wallet is going to take a MAJOR hit when I have my place all by my self, not to mention that I HATE not having roommates. grrrr... See-I really need this Maui trip!

Sorry @ that rant, but thanks so much for the compliment

And I had wanted to mention Craigs story particularly - wow. Talk about having things put into perspective!

Thanks so much, everyone for your empathy and sharing It really helps! Aloha, hugs, and mahalos!
              ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Hey, Sweetie-
                I'm so sorry. I know how much you guys were "super best friends" before and became a unit afterward. BUT...I know how independent you are, Miss I Rolled Down a Hill And Got Grass in My Knee (Look! Look, SG!) Because I Wandered Off. You're too much you to be part of a unit. You need space to breathe and grow and be the Fabulous, Glamorous, Awesome TG I know you are. The life on a whim, let's see where this pig trail goes you. You made me keep my car packed with ALL KINDS of adventuring equipment b/c until you called after class, I never knew what the day would bring. Cavorting around Oahu with you was probably one of the best times of my life, and 99% of those times, it was just you and me. You are the most fun person I know.

Cyleet99 is right. You gotta cry it out, and each day it will get a little better. You won't want to throw beanie babies at the happy people on TV (was that just me? Anyone? Never mind!) anymore. You'll have to rebuild, but you can do it with your memories and make the adventure the true TG way. I wish from the bottom of my soul it was possible for me to come see you right now, but I can't. You can come out here if you need to. Anytime. And if you ever need a change of scenery, head out to our old house in Ewa, because the guy wearing the coconuts that Thanksgiving lives there now and that group is always there. Just remind them who you are, and there are fun people there most nights.

Call me or come see me...but whatever you do, promise me you'll drive down the Kalanianaole, singing Mr. Jones at the top of your lungs.

Love you,
                SG

PS- I would SO DIE to come be your roommate!!!!!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

o.m.g. I'm laughing and crying. I miss you all the time, and I wish you could be my roomie too, except that your husband is sooooooo awesome, he needs you and loves you sooo much! Oh, and the dogs....

I'm going to drive all over Maui with the Ipod sing-along going on. And thank you for pointing out the obvious, I really do need to cry it out as long as it takes, and get myself up and out and follow the next pig trail!

LOL!!! Coconut Guy!! He was hilarious!!

Thanks, Sg, but I gotta go blow my nose and then smile.

Oh, and I gotta find something soft to throw at happy couples on tv!!! LOL!

Comment

Your little baby booties would work to throw. So would small stuffed animals (beanie babies are great), or bedroom slippers, or gummy bears. Or cotton balls, if in dire need. And then you hiss and boo, but cheer when they break up. But don't let yourself do this too often for more than a few weeks or your friends will change your nickname and you will have "Bitter Bus Driver" follow you for the next 3 years, even though you aren't bitter anymore!!

And don't forget that the hot Air Force firefighter (Coconut's friend) thought you were hot. So when you're ready to move on...remember how to get to IP!
                    You are too awesome to be doing the solo thing forever. Trust that. This happened because something's telling you that you need a break to renew yourself, find your true self again, and get it back on track. Once you concentrate on all those things, a whole new world of possibilities will open up to you. I got that straight from Miss Cleo herself, so you KNOW that s%$t's accurate.

SG

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

You're not alone, we're just a keyboard tap away! Aloha and be strong!!!
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

sorry; i haven't read every post here so i may be saying what someone's already pointed out but it's well worth repeating: although it hurts like hell now, imagine how awful it'd be if you were to marry mr. not right and have kids and live a life wondering what it would have/could have been like if you had waited for mr. right?

it's one of those "it-feels-sooooo-awful-now-but-it's-gonna-be-so-much-better-for-me-later" situations. years from now, i predict you'll look back and say, "thank goodness!"

best wishes....
                        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                          Nope, he's become a snob since we got here, and only interested in principal parts. Yet another reason we're not working out romantically. He nags me constantly when I have to get up at 3:30 for a 5:30 call time. Ugh, its like he totally forgot what its like to be a working actor! And if he tells me one more time to "get a real job", I just might beat him to death w/ a stack of vouchers!!
                          Reminds me of the old relationship consolation:
                          "Time wounds all heels"...
                          Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                          Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                          We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                          Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Lol! Heels!! I hope so!

Thanks so much all of you! Your kind words have been so amazing! Maui is probably just what I needed. I haven't been sad for even one minute since the day after i got here!! I feel SO much better this week! I'm extending my stay til weds, and moving out of this hotel and over to stay with my friend and her mom in Kihei! Awesome! Maui, truly, no ka oi!!

Hey, sg, you were right! I followed a pig trail over to Maui, and into the next phase of my life! Hey, was that air force firefighter tall? I forgot which one he is!

Comment

Just remember - you will have ups and you will have downs. Enjoy the ups, like this one. Don't worry when the downs hit that you are slipping; the downs will become shallower and briefer, garans.

Comment

hey TG - glad to know you are getting better every day! and it truly DOES get better. I've been there where you are right now - I thought the world was ending but it didn't and things got better.
                                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X