HPD Busted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HPD Busted... Scoops was out early at the picnic

I was in a Verizon Wireless retail store in Hilo and was talking to a retired Hawaii Police Department police officer who came from the Kaneohe Precinct in Honolulu. He told me that trying to integrate into another county police force was like pulling teeth.

He said that when he would do his job he would be told to reconsider the evidence at hand. Basically he said he had to read between the fine print when it came to working with his new buddies.

I told him I found some drug stuff on the road and had given it to the police station. He told me he believes the receiving officer probably kept the stuff instead of documenting the find.

He said he retired instead of attempting to cross that thin blue line. Here on the Big Island you learn to just look the other way no matter who's doing the crime because the family network is so tight here that if you were to rat on a person and believe your identity will be kept a secret, don't bet on it. Someone in some government agency here will have access to these confidential pieces of info and will pass it down to their friends in light conversation. Then it hits the Papaiko grapevine and pretty soon it's all over Hilo.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
      I was in a Verizon Wireless retail store in Hilo and was talking to a retired Hawaii Police Department police officer who came from the Kaneohe Precinct in Honolulu. He told me that trying to integrate into another county police force was like pulling teeth.

He said that when he would do his job he would be told to reconsider the evidence at hand. Basically he said he had to read between the fine print when it came to working with his new buddies.

I told him I found some drug stuff on the road and had given it to the police station. He told me he believes the receiving officer probably kept the stuff instead of documenting the find.

He said he retired instead of attempting to cross that thin blue line. Here on the Big Island you learn to just look the other way no matter who's doing the crime because the family network is so tight here that if you were to rat on a person and believe your identity will be kept a secret, don't bet on it. Someone in some government agency here will have access to these confidential pieces of info and will pass it down to their friends in light conversation. Then it hits the Papaiko grapevine and pretty soon it's all over Hilo.
      A bit true...

However, I'm sure theirs a few cops on the Big Island that don't turn a blind eye.

One needs to remember...that in certain parts of the Big Island, It can take up to 45 minutes to an hour for police to arrive at a "crime scene" after the initial 911 Call.

Comment

I'm sure the police here do their jobs, but when I hear stories like these and see police looking the other way (and they do...I've seen it myself) then you just have to tread lightly when it comes to official police matters and being an eye-witness or a whistle blower here. You just don't know who you're talking to and trust anymore.

I joke with my friends here that you know you've lived on the Big Island long enough is when you can identify at least one name in the "Big Island Report: Citizens Arrested and Charged" column that appears daily in the Tribune here on the Big Island. This one lady I know tells proudly, "I know at least five people in this list everyday I read it" I tell her that's not something I'd want to boast about as it tells me the kinds of riff raff she hang out or associates with.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
          I'm sure the police here do their jobs, but when I hear stories like these and see police looking the other way (and they do...I've seen it myself) then you just have to tread lightly when it comes to official police matters and being an eye-witness or a whistle blower here. You just don't know who you're talking to and trust anymore.

I joke with my friends here that you know you've lived on the Big Island long enough is when you can identify at least one name in the "Big Island Report: Citizens Arrested and Charged" column that appears daily in the Tribune here on the Big Island. This one lady I know tells proudly, "I know at least five people in this list everyday I read it" I tell her that's not something I'd want to boast about as it tells me the kinds of riff raff she hang out or associates with.
          The sad thing is, I believe this happens in every police department, because there will always be a few people who give in to temptation or let the power of their badge go to their head. That thin blue line is what keeps many of them protected; only "tips" from the outside can help find the centipedes hiding under the rocks, but to phone in a tip might be asking for trouble (or worse) too if they ever discover who rained on their parade.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Honolulu has its problems too. I was talking once to a lady who told me all about the drug dealers in the house next door to hers, and how every time anybody called 911 on them, these guys would clear out well before the cops showed up. It turned out that one of the dealers had a girlfriend who was a police dispatcher. The police finally had to do an elaborate internal sting to get these guys and keep the girlfriend in the dark so she wouldn't tip them off.

Comment

My ex-girlfriend hooked up with this bastard who got her addicted to ice. His roommate was a police officer in the Pearl City Precinct.

Yep it happens everywhere.

Comment

I'm proud to report that I have a brother that is an LAPD officer with a clean record!

Just reunited with him after many years apart! (thats a whole different story)

I told him he should come to Hawaii and be a cop... and he said... not with their wages and the cost of living there.
                Last edited by damontucker; May 8, 2006, 11:16 PM. Reason: adding to post and typo

Comment

HPD Chief Ethics Probe

http://www.khnl.com/

http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=5138881

HPD Chief Target of Ethics Probe

July 12, 2006 12:08 AM

Featured Videos

Chief Correa the Focus of Ethics Investigation

Det. Alex Garcia, State of Hawaii Organization of Police Officers.
                  by Minna Sugimoto

HONOLULU (KHNL) -- "Honolulu's top cop is under investigation. KHNL News 8 has learned the city Ethics Commission has opened an investigation into police chief Boisse Correa."

"The union representing the state's police officers is accusing the chief of ethical wrongdoing. The city Ethics Commission has agreed to look into the concerns raised by the union."

"Honolulu police chief Boisse Correa has his officers scratching their heads, following his trip to Idaho's mountains in June."

"There seems to be a double standard regarding the policy on travel," Det. Alex Garcia, State of Hawaii Organization of Police Officers, said."

"The union representing the officers wants to know why the chief attended a conference in Sun Valley, when he was supposed to be on restricted duty."

The City Ethics Commission is now investigating.

"Another concern was that most of these events were sponsored by some businesses that do business with the city, some companies that we think would be in conflict," Garcia said.

"The Honolulu Police Department's Capt. Frank Fujii said, "All of Chief Correa's travel is pre-approved by both the city administration and police commission. The chief is not aware of the investigation, but it's in his character to cooperate fully with any investigation or inquiry."

What say ya Chief?

Auntie Lynn

http://www.honolulupoliceunion.bravejournal.com/
                  http://www.shameonyouboisse.com/voice.php
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; July 12, 2006, 12:03 PM.
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                    [...]The chief is not aware of the investigation, [...]
                    I bet he is now!

Comment

Re: HPD Busted

The fact that the Ethics Commission has agreed to move forward and look into the matter indicates that there is enough evidence to proceed. This could get verrry interesting.
                      Over the years, I've heard numerous rumors about various members of the Correa family, regarding their dealings and connections and political clout. But I'm not gonna say any more about that, because my knees work a lot better when they're not broken.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                        Odd. Still no mention of it on the Advertiser and Star-Bulletin websites. Presumably they're in the process of checking it out...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                          Odd. Still no mention of it on the Advertiser and Star-Bulletin websites. Presumably they're in the process of checking it out...
                          Hmmm..maybe they scared their knees going be broken? j/k

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Auntie pUpule
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Nah, who would do their Chief a favor like that? Certainly not the rank and file (see Shame On You Boisse Website for more info.) I don’t think Boisse could do that all by himself. After all, he just had back surgery.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                            USA TODAY, page 2A
                            11 March 1993

Comment

The reason for the investigation appears to be that while he was on "light duty and injured leave", he took a trip to Sun Valley, Idaho to attend a conference. hmmmm...he was too disabled to work, but well enough to hop on a couple of planes and endure what was probably 6 or 7 hours of sitting in a seat?

Miulang
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Sonds like abuse of powers...it seems to happen everywhere. Teh thing is some of logic of these people, it's like stupid criminals your bound to get caught.

Comment

Working...
                                X