Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HPD Busted... Scoops was out early at the picnic

Originally posted by timkona
    [I]Do you think the Ice trade is controlled by the police on Big Island. Cuz I do.
    For me. I don't want to know NUTTIN!

I am not a Journalist. I am a BLOGGER!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

well if someone's gotta control the ice trade here on the Big Island it may as well be the guys with the most guns.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
        well if someone's gotta control the ice trade here on the Big Island it may as well be the guys with the most guns.
        So...which side is that again, the dealers or the HPD? Are you sure?

Comment

hmmm ya got a point there! Okay the guys with the most bullets left over are the winners I guess.

Comment

Ice=vice=nice!

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

But in predomantly Nipponese Hilo it's Ice=Vice=Rice=Nice

Comment

OK, so now that it's an "open secret" that the Big Island Police Dept. controls the ice trade on that island, who's going to do something about it? The Tribune is already in trouble with the feds for union busting, can they redeem themselves by cooperating with the Feds on an investigation of the Hilo PD?

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Ahhh. Wat the Hell! This tHREAD should be re-titled "Book um Dano!"

Let's all become Crime Busters - and tell ALL!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Boy, this feels like crawling past an accident on the freeway. I really have no interest in whatever the argument is, but I had to point this out...

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                    Just got my blood boiling!!! You know my wife's ancestors bones are over there!

[snip]

Pulls me over... I wake up my girlfriend who's in the passenger seat next to me...

[snip]
                    So Manoa... this pulled-over-by-the-police story, was it recently? Or long time ago? 'Cuz it sounds like you got a wife, and you got a girlfriend too.

I'm just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                      I like to get people to stretch their thinking too, but I try not to do it in a way that makes people infer that I am something I am not. If you truly are not anti-kanaka maoli and consider everyone equal, then saying stuff like "Brown=good, white=bad" is not how I would get my own conversation going. When you consistently rail against another group of people as you have, in the way you have ...
                      I certainly have not "railed" against any group, other than racists and cultural supremacists. Oh, and litterbugs.

One would have to be a raging idiot to think I am "anti-kanaka maoli." The man I loved for four years, my fiancee, a man I devoted my life to, was kanaka maoli (*real* kanaka maoli, not Chinese with a Hawaiian great-great-great grandmother. And yes, I used to yell at him if he threw his cigarette butt out the window, too!) Two years after he died, I still consider his kin to be my family (although I don't see them as often as I'd like -- many are on the mainland now).

We used to argue about certain so-called "Hawaiian' issues, too. But not too much. Too busy having fun, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                        I certainly have not "railed" against any group, other than racists and cultural supremacists. Oh, and litterbugs.

One would have to be a raging idiot to think I am "anti-kanaka maoli." The man I loved for four years, my fiancee, a man I devoted my life to, was kanaka maoli (*real* kanaka maoli, not Chinese with a Hawaiian great-great-great grandmother. And yes, I used to yell at him if he threw his cigarette butt out the window, too!) Two years after he died, I still consider his kin to be my family (although I don't see them as often as I'd like -- many are on the mainland now).

We used to argue about certain so-called "Hawaiian' issues, too. But not too much. Too busy having fun, I guess.
                        See, Maddie, that's the you I thought you were (what a Zen thought! ). Obviously the tragic death of your kuu'ipo still affects your everyday life and I'm sorry that you were not able to spend the rest of your days with him. But I'm also sure you learned much about the kanaka maoli from him and his ohana---the good and the bad---that makes it a little easier to live in Hawai'i with that large void in your heart.

Malama pono,
                        Miulang

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                          See, Maddie, that's the you I thought you were (what a Zen thought! ). Obviously the tragic death of your kuu'ipo still affects your everyday life and I'm sorry that you were not able to spend the rest of your days with him. But I'm also sure you learned much about the kanaka maoli from him and his ohana---the good and the bad---that makes it a little easier to live in Hawai'i with that large void in your heart.

Malama pono,
                          Miulang
                          Thanks for your kinds words, Miulang. And for the Zen shot!

What you said there ... yep. And life does go on, and get better.

Comment

Zen shots, now there's an idea. Maybe with shochu. Hmmm.

What is the sound of one throat gulping?

Comment

What you said there ... yep. And life does go on, and get better.
                              To both of you from me:

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                                Boy, this feels like crawling past an accident on the freeway. I really have no interest in whatever the argument is, but I had to point this out...

So Manoa... this pulled-over-by-the-police story, was it recently? Or long time ago? 'Cuz it sounds like you got a wife, and you got a girlfriend too.

I'm just saying.
                                It was in 99 after the Gregory Issacs concert in Kona.

A few years later...I'm now married to the same girlfriend.

Comment

Working...
                                X