Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HPD Busted... Scoops was out early at the picnic

Originally posted by manoasurfer123

No wonder you love mr TimKona... You like take away our land too!
    You have no clue who I am. The information you dug up googling was
    testimony I submitted in OPPOSITION to a planned project close to
    where I live. In no way I'm taking your land.
    Check out my blog on Kona issues :
    The Kona Blog

Comment

I love that bullshit phrase, "taking our land." If I buy property, I am not "taking" anybody's land. They're selling it to me, perfectly legally and legitimately. Apparently, someone has a problem with the process for land transfer in this country.

Let's go back to feudalism! Yeah!!! Or we could let kings and queens own everything ... Oh, wait, we advanced past that long ago. Never mind.

ETA: Oops, off topic. Sorry.

So, about that corruption ...

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        Manoa, I don't know exactly what your problem is, but it's getting old. Hell, it's past old.

How you seem to think Aaron's posts or timkona's posts on other unrelated threads relates to your smug pride about supposedly knowing something oh so secret about HPD is beyond me. And how googling Aaron Stene is supposed to impress anyone, considering he makes no secret of his identity or position or interest in Big Island politics, is even more a mystery.

If you want to talk about HPD corruption, that's great. But just because you started this thread doesn't mean you get to get ridiculously and pointlessly personal.
        My bad... PZ

just wanted to know who I was corresponding with...

Next time I take it to the PM level... My bad...

Just got my blood boiling!!! You know my wife's ancestors bones are over there!
        Back to the subject HPD... sheesh...and how I correlate...

Um... I got pulled over driving from Kona to Hilo at about 2:00 in the morning driving about 80 MPH (yeah my bad... but I was tired... I wanted to get back to Hilo!)

Fly by one Police officer....he pulls a U turn by Hapuna beach.... catches up with me...
        Pulls me over... I wake up my girlfriend who's in the passenger seat next to me... the officer starts questioning me... looks at the passenger and says...."ay... what you doing with this guy..."... My girlfriend at the time says.... "oh sorry uncle... we heading back home..."... officer says... "you know how fast he was going..." My girlfriend says... "no...was sleeping"... officer says... "I gonna tell your father!!!" ...
        My girlfriend says... "just give him a ticket already!"....

Officer runs my plates...sees I'm clean..... figures I'm sober enough to make it home...
        then tells us..."Hey you guys.... get road check up by honokaa...be careful"...

Lets us go....

In the long run...whether HPD good or bad...they make their decisions at the time they want...

Most of them are good... like the old phrase goes... something like this...one bad apple can spoil the whole bucket...

Manoa

Comment

Ya want NAMES? I'll give ya names!

Ooops! Loss of memory. Mooo Mooo

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Hey, no fair, Manoa! I have to flirt my ass off with cops, and even then I get a ticket more often than not. I knew I wasn't "young and cute" anymore when I started getting more tickets than I got out of! Damn, I miss those days.

Comment

You know my wife's ancestors bones are over there!

Can you prove it? I mean REALLY prove it.

Bones in the moist, tropical environment will last, at most, 200 years before turning finally to dust. So is ANY unmarked grave possibly a sailor, or a missionary, or a field hand from China/Philipines/Japan/etc.

Or do we just naturally assume that every bone discovered in an unmarked grave is hawaiian ancestry? That is logical based on the fact that there was no written language, so likely no grave stone with definitive markings. And when your wife's family left the area, why did they leave the bones of their ancestors, if those bones are so darned important? And if I buy the land from whomever owns it, do I now own those bones? I know some people who keep Grandma in an urn on the mantle for years, until a tornado comes and blows down the trailer, scattering Grandma to the 4 winds.

Just another truthful posting that is sure to PO Manoa.

And way off topic now. Do you think the Ice trade is controlled by the police on Big Island. Cuz I do.
              FutureNewsNetwork.com
              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona
                You know my wife's ancestors bones are over there!

Can you prove it? I mean REALLY prove it.

Bones in the moist, tropical environment will last, at most, 200 years before turning finally to dust. So is ANY unmarked grave possibly a sailor, or a missionary, or a field hand from China/Philipines/Japan/etc.

Or do we just naturally assume that every bone discovered in an unmarked grave is hawaiian ancestry? That is logical based on the fact that there was no written language, so likely no grave stone with definitive markings. And when your wife's family left the area, why did they leave the bones of their ancestors, if those bones are so darned important? And if I buy the land from whomever owns it, do I now own those bones? I know some people who keep Grandma in an urn on the mantle for years, until a tornado comes and blows down the trailer, scattering Grandma to the 4 winds.

Just another truthful posting that is sure to PO Manoa.

And way off topic now. Do you think the Ice trade is controlled by the police on Big Island. Cuz I do.
                Ouch!
                Crying...
                Sad...

nuff said...

You don't piss me off... you make me laugh at your ignorance.

If you would like to continue this in a PM format... I'd be more than happy.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                  I love that bullshit phrase, "taking our land." If I buy property, I am not "taking" anybody's land. They're selling it to me, perfectly legally and legitimately. Apparently, someone has a problem with the process for land transfer in this country.

Let's go back to feudalism! Yeah!!! Or we could let kings and queens own everything ... Oh, wait, we advanced past that long ago. Never mind.

ETA: Oops, off topic. Sorry.

So, about that corruption ...
                  Sorry maddie...have to disagree...

I think the lands belonged to the Hawaiians long before they even knew what selling an Acre meant.

I like that feudalism thing... cause I married a "queen."

Comment

Wow! I'm in a casting session all day and end up missing the opportunity of throwing myself into the middle of the ca-ca hitting the fan. Guess I'll just have to retire so I don't miss anything! Nah...today was too much fun. And, what I found out about an advertiser that's mentioned in another thread would just blow y'all away. But, mum's the word...inside info being what it is and all.

The one thing I can mention that I learned today is the woman killed in yesterday morning's accident on Kalanianaole had been thru my office many times. Whatta tragedy. And, yes, that's off topic. Intentionally.

Comment

I think the lands belonged to the Hawaiians long before they even knew what selling an Acre meant.

Simply NOT the historical truth. The land belonged to the Kings and Alii. Until Kamehameha came along and killed them all. Then the land belonged to Kamehameha.

When a Hawaiian says the land belonged to the rank and file of the Hawaiian people, that is just bald faced ignorance at its finest. To say that the land belonged to the Hawaiians who lived on it is the same as saying a Bishop Lease is land that you own. Incorrect. And too funny.
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com
                      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                        Sorry maddie...have to disagree...

I like that feudalism thing... cause I married a "queen."
                        True, Manoa. Buying and owning property is a very European/Western concept. If people who "own" the land took care of it as the kanaka maoli did, with respect for nature, the 'aina would be much better off. We know that it would be impractical to go back to the ahupua'a system practiced by the kanaka maoli, so we only can hope that people who have the resources to own the land now work hard to take care of it --- malama 'aina.

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Really, Miulang? Would those be the same Hawaiians I see today throwing dirty diapers, cigarettes, beer cans and fast-food containers out of their car windows, then threatening to kick my ass when I call them on it? Are those the gentle, nature-loving stewards of the earth you're talking about? Or do you mean the Hawaiians who ... Oh, god, never mind. It's pointless.

White people BAD. Brown people GOOD.

Got it.

So what am I? Half good, half bad? Dang, man, I'm getting a complex!

Comment

Really, Miulang? Would those be the same Hawaiians I see today throwing dirty diapers, cigarettes, beer cans and fast-food containers out of their car windows, then threatening to kick my ass when I call them on it? Are those the gentle, nature-loving stewards of the earth you're talking about? Or do you mean the Hawaiians who ... Oh, god, never mind. It's pointless.

White people BAD. Brown people GOOD.

Got it.

So what am I? Half good, half bad? Dang, man, I'm getting a complex!
                            Maddie, you aren't getting a complex, you already HAVE one. When I go to the beach at Sprecklesville which no tourist knows about and see the things that you're talking about, then I get angry at the LOCALS, who could be Hawaiian, Japanese, Chinese, whatevas. All I'm saying is the land is being desecrated by everyone, not just tourists. In fact as a "quasi-tourist" I get really pissed off when I see local families discarding their dirty diapers on picnic tables or letting the public showers run excessively because "we don't come down here often and besides, my kid's having fun". If locals don't have pride and malama 'aina for where they live, then why should the tourists?

Miulang
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                              Maddie, you aren't getting a complex, you already HAVE one.

Miulang
                              LOL! No, actually, I don't.

But I'm glad you agree with me. My point ... and I do have one ... is that people are pretty much the same, whatever their "culture" or ethnicity or background. Sure, there are minor variations, but no culture is better or worse than any other, really. We're all the same species, same bad habits, same good intentions. Same aggression, same love, same compassion, same self-indulgent habits, same finger-pointing. Same xenophobia and racism. Same self-delusional ideas about how much better *we* are. And so on.

I dunno what complex you think I have (kinda cute that you think that! I'm still LOL), but please consider this: Playing devil's advocate can be a lot of fun, but yes, it also can cause some confusion. It's a risk I'm always willing to take. People who aren't smart enough or energetic enough to entertain ideas and concepts that don't immediately appeal to them bore me. And I used to be one of those people. Gawd, how insufferable I must have been!

Comment

LOL! No, actually, I don't.

But I'm glad you agree with me. My point ... and I do have one ... is that people are pretty much the same, whatever their "culture" or ethnicity or background. Sure, there are minor variations, but no culture is better or worse than any other, really. We're all the same species, same bad habits, same good intentions. Same aggression, same love, same compassion, same self-indulgent habits, same finger-pointing. Same xenophobia and racism. Same self-delusional ideas about how much better *we* are. And so on.

I dunno what complex you think I have (kinda cute that you think that! I'm still LOL), but please consider this: Playing devil's advocate can be a lot of fun, but yes, it also can cause some confusion. It's a risk I'm always willing to take. People who aren't smart enough or energetic enough to entertain ideas and concepts that don't immediately appeal to them bore me. And I used to be one of those people. Gawd, how insufferable I must have been!
                                I like to get people to stretch their thinking too, but I try not to do it in a way that makes people infer that I am something I am not. If you truly are not anti-kanaka maoli and consider everyone equal, then saying stuff like "Brown=good, white=bad" is not how I would get my own conversation going. When you consistently rail against another group of people as you have, in the way you have (even though I'm positive there's very much a large boulder of truth to your experience), I dunno, it makes me think you are different than how I suspect you really are, and since I don't have the opportunity to know you on a personal (i.e., face-to-face) basis, all I can go on is by what you write. That's where I think the communication problem lies. Sometimes sarcasm can backfire. I learned that lesson a long time ago and when I would say things I didn't really mean, I'd have to preface it with "that's a joke" or something similar or else I would get in trouble with some people who couldn't read between the lines. I guess journalists (and former journalists ), in their love of the language, sometimes they say things that are parsed differently by those who come from a different background.

Miulang
                                Last edited by Miulang; April 12, 2006, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X