Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Governor's Race 2006

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    I've gotten three robocalls from Lingle on my cell phone, and it's really ticking me off. Especially since they've deliberately blocked Caller ID.
    The other day I got a robocall from Oklahoma for some candidate I don't even know let alone his party affiliation. Talk about a wrong number.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I ended up voting for Iwase/Solomon. I don't really like 'em, but if Lingle can get a little scare, I'll be happy. I voted to put Lingle in office, and still like her well enough ('cept for that Bush stooge thing), but she doesn't merit a landslide win IMHO.

The folks over at Hawaii Political Watch are predicting an upset, narrow one-percent win by Iwase. I wouldn't be quite that optimistic.

Comment

While I am not as enthusiastic about Governor Lingle this year as I was in 1998 and 2002, I still voted for her. I hope the Lingle supporters here who voted for Iwase don't live to regret your vote Tuesday night.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

At this point, I think I might do the same thing as pzarquon. While overall, I don’t think Iwase/Solomon gave me enough reasons to vote for them, a few things are giving me the “protest vote” urge:
          • Lingle has decided to ignore the tens of thousands of outer island folks who are pissed about the Superferry situation. These people signed petitions, voiced opposition at countless meetings, and even came to the state capitol where the guv refused to meet with them. (At least Iwase had enough sense to jump on their bandwagon)
          • Despite some real accomplishments, it’s hard to believe that after spending more than $5 million to campaign against a small-time dem, Lingle still hasn’t detailed what she would do over the next 4 years. My gut is she’s just using this as a springboard for higher office and has no intention of serving out her full term.
          • Several Leeward residents have told me they had no advance warning that the Republicans would be holding a rally at Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park on Sunday - and were kicked out of the park around 3 p.m. unless they could prove they were with the party (even if they had “all-day” passes). The most logical explanation is that the guv’s security people told the rest of the GOP at the last minute they couldn’t risk any “common people” getting in the way.

Like many here, I think Lingle is going to smash Iwase anyway, so she doesn’t need my vote. I’d rather make a statement.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
            At this point, I think I might do the same thing as pzarquon. While overall, I don’t think Iwase/Solomon gave me enough reasons to vote for them, a few things are giving me the “protest vote” urge:
            • Lingle has decided to ignore the tens of thousands of outer island folks who are pissed about the Superferry situation. These people signed petitions, voiced opposition at countless meetings, and even came to the state capitol where the guv refused to meet with them. (At least Iwase had enough sense to jump on their bandwagon)
            • Despite some real accomplishments, it’s hard to believe that after spending more than $5 million to campaign against a small-time dem, Lingle still hasn’t detailed what she would do over the next 4 years. My gut is she’s just using this as a springboard for higher office and has no intention of serving out her full term.
            • Several Leeward residents have told me they had no advance warning that the Republicans would be holding a rally at Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park on Sunday - and were kicked out of the park around 3 p.m. unless they could prove they were with the party (even if they had “all-day” passes). The most logical explanation is that the guv’s security people told the rest of the GOP at the last minute they couldn’t risk any “common people” getting in the way.

Like many here, I think Lingle is going to smash Iwase anyway, so she doesn’t need my vote. I’d rather make a statement.
            That's a lot of misinformation there. Lingle is on record saying she will serve out her term. Sunday's rally was in the newspaper. I was there and didn't see anyone getting kicked out. And if I had to gauge the ethnicity, I'd say it was 90% Hawaiian. Mostly kids enjoying the park. And plenty of free meal tickets for everyone. The Gov. did have a security detail and she looked tired. Campaigning is hard work. Duke was great as usual. He will make a fine Governor in 4 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
              While I am not as enthusiastic about Governor Lingle this year as I was in 1998 and 2002, I still voted for her. I hope the Lingle supporters here who voted for Iwase don't live to regret your vote Tuesday night.
              I fully agree with this for if there are enough people out there who "protest vote" the guy just might squeeze through, then what?

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani View Post
                I fully agree with this for if there are enough people out there who "protest vote" the guy just might squeeze through, then what?
                Neva happen. Lingle and Aiona re-elected!

Our Polls are great at HT!

Congratulations Governor Linda Lingle and Lt. Governor Duke Aiona!

Oh! BTW: See ya Lt. Gov. Aiona at Kaukau Wagon's Saturday Thanksgiving Celebration!

Sharon Black and Duke Aiona

Auntie Lynn
                Last edited by 1stwahine; November 8, 2006, 09:37 AM.
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                X