The Governor's Race 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Governor's Race 2006

I haven't been watching much local TV over the last couple of weeks but what I do notice is that with the exception of Linda Lingle's ads there has been no TV ads for Governor. I find this kind of strange.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
      I haven't been watching much local TV over the last couple of weeks but what I do notice is that with the exception of Linda Lingle's ads there has been no TV ads for Governor. I find this kind of strange.
      Not strange at all. They know dey going lose...so why spend money?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Actually Democratic candidate Randy Iwase has been running a few TV ads. You have to watch local news to catch the most political ads. The big winners in all of this are the TV station$$$$.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Seriously. Is this not the least interesting Governor's race you've EVER seen?
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

The Governor's Re-Election 2006

I wouldn’t be surprised if ‘Ailā wins the primary. But Lingle doesn’t even have to try. She’ll win the general by a landslide, no doubt. *yawn* They need to retitle this thread.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

I'm sorry if this was answered already, but who won the democratic primary; who will run for governor on the democratic ticket?

Comment

Governor - D
                353 of 353 precints reporting

IWASE, Randy 119,022 50.0%
                ‘AILĀ, William J., Jr. 43,821 18.4%
                TANABE, Van K. 16,310 6.9%
                Blank Votes: 58,780 24.7%
                Over Votes: 7 0.0%

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
                  IWASE, Randy 119,022 50.0%
                  I love how Iwase netted 199,000 votes in the Primary Election, and Lingle got only 31,000 votes, but that come November it'll likely look even more lopsided in the other direction.

Cayetano said on KHON that Iwase just might surprise some people (and that his primary challenge is fundraising). I just don't see Iwase surprising anyone. Ever. When I saw his one "fired up" campaign ad, clearly created to show the man has more energy than a limp fish, all I could think of was, "Boy, I bet he was tired after that!"

Comment

I saw Mr. Iwase at Case Headquarters Election Night. He was elated and showed his pride.heheheh Had to give him credit for getting the Votes in that night. Come November it WILL be a different story.

Governor Lingle and Duke Aiona will waltz into Victory and serve once again. On one commercial, Mr. Iwase says we don't need a Show Governor but a Governor that Do or sumting lil dat. I dunno wat he talking about cause Governor Lingle to me has done quite well as Governor. If anybody is putting on a "SHOW" it's the Lamb....and I'm not talking about Lingle or Aiona!

Auntie pUpule

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                      I love how Iwase netted 199,000 votes in the Primary Election, and Lingle got only 31,000 votes, but that come November it'll likely look even more lopsided in the other direction.

Cayetano said on KHON that Iwase just might surprise some people (and that his primary challenge is fundraising). I just don't see Iwase surprising anyone. Ever. When I saw his one "fired up" campaign ad, clearly created to show the man has more energy than a limp fish, all I could think of was, "Boy, I bet he was tired after that!"
                      Iwase has had virtually NO support from the Hawaii Democratic party and this has been ridiculous from the start. They have acted as if Lingle is running unopposed and to some degree she has or is. Now Brickwood and McCartney, the former and current chairs of the Democratic Party have stated along with former Governors Waihee and Cayetano that now is the time to come together and support the party, but again very little mention of Iwase.

I honestly feel as if the Democratic party doesnt want to spend a dime on a race they know they are going to lose. I feel sorry for Iwase, I have read he is $30,000 in personal debt and is running his campaign with low cash and not very many staff workers. I received his request for money in the mail and saw that he personally signed it (might have been someone else too, but I will give him benefit of the doubt), and a apartment number was listed as his campaign headquarters for all I know could be his home. So I gave him some money
                      if nothing else to help him pay off his debt.

Now that we know HE is the Democratic candidate, the state Democratic party as well as far as I know the national democratic party should allocate funds to him to help him run his campaign, like his tv ads and such. They should support him to some degree, regardless if they think he is going to lose because nobody in the party or Iwase is ever going to admit to "losing" in any of their campaign speeches obviously.

Another question I ask where is Bu La'ia, he ran in the last 2 elections at least, even came in 3rd place I think in 2002. I shudder to think without Iwase running this year Bu La'ia may have been the frontrunner against Lingle!!

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy
                        I feel sorry for Iwase, I have read he is $30,000 in personal debt and is running his campaign with low cash and not very many staff workers ... They should support him to some degree, regardless if they think he is going to lose because nobody in the party or Iwase is ever going to admit to "losing" in any of their campaign speeches obviously.
                        At the Democratic breakfast, Iwase had the mic, and made a personal appeal to the Democrat politicians in the room who ran unopposed. He actually, I believe, singled out Brian Taniguchi (who represents my district) and said, “you better come help us, bruddah!” You know things are getting tense, when he has to single people out like that.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                        11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL
                          At the Democratic breakfast, Iwase had the mic, and made a personal appeal to the Democrat politicians in the room who ran unopposed. He actually, I believe, singled out Brian Taniguchi (who represents my district) and said, “you better come help us, bruddah!” You know things are getting tense, when he has to single people out like that.
                          omg.

almost makes me wanna send money...in that "Feed a 3rd World Child" sort of way...

pax

Comment

Both the HTSA and the HGEA have thrown their support to Gov. Lingle's opponent, Randy Iwase. Maybe Gov. Lingle's re-election won't be such a cakewalk after all...

Miulang
                            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                              Both the HTSA and the HGEA have thrown their support to Gov. Lingle's opponent, Randy Iwase. Maybe Gov. Lingle's re-election won't be such a cakewalk after all...
                              I think the jury is still out on that theory, but much could depend on how Iwase performs tonight in his only debate with Lingle.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                                I think the jury is still out on that theory, but much could depend on how Iwase performs tonight in his only debate with Lingle.
                                Awwww...shucks. I'm gonna miss the Big Debate. Das ok. Giff um Linda! You go girl!!!!! Silence Da Lamb!

First Friday here I come!!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X