Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New smoking ban

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
    It seems only satan himself could have more malignant rancor and arrogance toward suffering bar owners and employees as house health commitee chair Josh Green. This jerk refuses to have these peoples' concerns voiced in a hearing or debated on the house floor as per a KITV interview. If he's so correct then what is he afraid of? Who made him dictator. He doesn't give a sh*t if the law he backs destroys Lance Gomes' business and many others - totally sick and cruel.

Let this monster know how wrong he is at repgreen@Capitol.hawaii.gov <repgreen@Capitol.hawaii.gov> , or call 586-9605 to give him a piece of your mind. Please incourage owners and employees to do the same and to contact their representatives and the Governor governor.lingle@hawaii.gov about his cruel hearted and undemocratic actions. People's livelyhoods are at stake, and Josh the dictator cares only about himself and his cronnies.

However this ain't over yet.
    As for Josh Green it now would appear that he has backed off his hard line stance in light of the current events happening around him. That's better.

Comment

• Re: Roflmao!

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
      On the KHON2 10PM news last night, customers at Panama Hattie's in Aiea also ignored the ban on camera. More power to them!

Yee hah! Viva la lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease!

What noble warriors we have among us.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post

WORN: You and I and anyone who has ever worked in the medical profession knows about the consequences of smoking. I used to talk to patients with COPD who had to fight for every breath. For them, death would have been preferable to the "life" they had to lead being hooked up to their O2, choking on their secretions. After working in a medical unit at a hospital for more than 5 years, I came to the conclusion that there were 2 ways I was never going to die: one was from COPD and the other was from cirrhosis of the liver. Both are really really nasty and painful ways to die, and there are no cures for either, short of a transplant.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I'm in the video on the KHON site, standing behind the lawyer in the red shirt. I had to be there for this important moment.

Deleted. There simply is no dealing with the truly delusional.

Comment

If cigarettes are legal, and people choose to smoke... your snark is more annoying than anything else.

Adult-oriented establishments such as bars and nightclubs should be able to decide for themselves whether or not to allow smoking.

The ban needs to be overturned.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
              If cigarettes are legal, and people choose to smoke... your snark is more annoying than anything else.

Sure they're legal but only in designated areas.

People choose to do lots of things that adversely affect their health. Most of those things don't affect others as directly as second-hand smoke does.

If you want to smoke do it in your own stinky home. Pollute your own lungs, mutate your own cells. Approximately one in five adults over the age of 18 is a smoker---why should that percentage of the population be allowed to impose its addiction on the remaining percentage? That remaining percentage includes waitstaff and kitchen help, non-smoking patrons, even the people who may live above a bar or nightclub.

http://www.surgeongeneral.gov/librar...actsheet5.html

And not everyone who frequents bars, nightclubs, and music venues is a smoker. The percentage of people who smoke has decreased greatly in recent years and I'm sure many who don't smoke would like to spend a night on the town without coming home smelling like they slept in an ashtray.

Comment

Why are smokers pissed off? There was no compromise and the antis won't give us our space, so we are forced to fight to regain it. If the government just let some bars/clubs be smoker friendly and left us alone permanately, there would be no issue.

We are becoming stronger by the day and no longer will we suffer in silence. The "Hawaii smoke free law " is so mean spirited and cruel that it awakened the fight in us and we refuse to suffer this and further oppression. I'm starting to doubt the DOH really wants this law put on their shoulders. So they wanna ban it on beaches this year, F-that, we pay taxes for that space to. We're not going to take it lying down. Crack down on LITTERING instead.
                Last edited by AlohaKine; February 7, 2007, 06:52 PM.

Comment

21 pages on "smoking"...sheesh...you guys have an addiction problem. Please seak counseling and rehabilitation immediately.

Too much effort on something that's bad for you ....is bad for you.

yah yah yah...give them an inch they will take a yard. You guys will be using up all the Medicare in future. Save some for me eh!

btw...I'm a smoker too....but of a different kind. Legalize it!

Comment

We are becoming stronger by the day and no longer will we suffer in silence. The "Hawaii smoke free law " is so mean spirited and cruel that it awakened the fight in us and we refuse to suffer this and further oppression. I'm starting to doubt the DOH really wants this law put on their shoulders. So they wanna ban it on beaches this year, F-that, we pay taxes for that space to. We're not going to take it lying down. Crack down on LITTERING instead.
                    And if the cops ever find the butthead who dropped a cigarette butt in the forests on Haleakala and caused precious native flora and fauna to go up in a forest fire that took days to extinguish, then I hope they sue that person up the ying yang for what it cost to fight that fire and to try to restore Polipoli Springs campground back to the way it was. Talk about selfish...

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Geeeeeeez.....For a minute I thought you were talking about indigenous issues. Too much passion for a little ol cigarete. Save it for some more important things.

Just my opinion.

Comment

We are becoming stronger by the day and no longer will we suffer in silence. The "Hawaii smoke free law " is so mean spirited and cruel that it awakened the fight in us and we refuse to suffer this and further oppression.
                        Aw c'mon. Now I'm starting to think you're just playing us here.

Comment

Naw.......that's the power of addiction.

Comment

Yah, Like the lawsuit, ect. is just "playing".

Comment

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
                              Geeeeeeez.....For a minute I thought you were talking about indigenous issues. Too much passion for a little ol cigarete. Save it for some more important things.

Just my opinion.
                              The bigots at the Coalition for Tobacco Free Hawaii seem to have alot of passion for a little ol cigarette also, their just addicted to hate.

I'm getting a vibe, it won't be long untill we see those maggots face to "face".

Comment

Sure they're legal but only in designated areas.
                                And it should be up to a business owner to decide whether or not their establishment is a "designated area," NOT the governement.

Comment

Working...
                                X