New smoking ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New smoking ban

I've been to friends homes at night when "mauka" winds are blowing and they have heavy smokers as uphill neighbors. Smell is pretty atrocious. So I usually leave.

If your dog comes on my property and goes doodoo, it's trespassing isn't it?
    If your car is running next to my bedroom window, filling my house with CO, is that considered impolite?

I'm all for smoking, don't get me wrong. Of course, no more smoking in restaurants, so that's not a problem anymore. Check Teru's or Sam's or the Sea Monkey in Kona and you will find all patrons smoking. Some are smoking whatever they like (), and nobody is calling the police, especially the ciggy smokers.

But my favorite hypocrites are the smokers who favor the War on Drugs. Idiots, all of them.

This is a quandary.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

From the HI Legislature Website: http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/site1/...?billno=SB2408

"1/29/2008 S The committee(s) on HSP recommend(s) that the measure be PASSED, WITH AMENDMENTS. The votes in HSP were as follows: 3 Aye(s): Senator(s) Chun Oakland, Ihara, Hemmings; Aye(s) with reservations: none ; 0 No(es): none; and 2 Excused: Senator(s) Hooser, Sakamoto."

Introducer(s):
      HOOSER, ENGLISH, Ihara, Kim, Nishihara

The Bill has passed with amendments. What are they?

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
        So what about the pet damage
        And some landlords ban pets. Point, my favor.

red kool-aid stains on the carpet
        Some buildings did ban kids until the Feds (I think it was the Feds) stepped in and made it illegal.

or any other wear and tear caused by everyday life.
        This is over and above normal.

If the tenants have to pay a few hundred bucks in "restoration" for decades of living there is that a big deal?
        What's the normal length of stay at one of these homes? If it's after "decades" it's not a big deal, but if it's only after a year or few, that's another story.

I had to pay $300 when I left the place I used to rent because of it. I paided my "smokers fee" so it was even.
        So you admit it's a problem? Keep in mind that by law, the security deposit can't be greater the one month's rent. So landlords have an interest in protecting the amount of loss they may face.

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        BTW: My unit has no nicotine stains on the wall or floors so das a bull craps excuse!
        Now doubt it depends on how heavy a smoker and what the ventilation is like. But I've seen the results first hand. It's real.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
          Now doubt it depends on how heavy a smoker and what the ventilation is like. But I've seen the results first hand. It's real.
          Eeeewwl. Well, I "used" to smoked one pack a day. Dang! It shua feels great not to.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
            Eeeewwl.
            Yup. That about describes it.

Comment

But WHAT was she smoking?

As much as I'm not a smoker, every once in while I like a good cigar, my MGD and the lounge chair in my front lawn.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                But WHAT was she smoking?
                heheheh

Five months ago was cigarettes.

Six years ago was Crack Cocaine.

I am trying my best not to be Mental but no moa cure.

Love and ALOHA,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

This guy comes into Home Depot asking me if I had something to fix his Bong. Apparently it cracked, so I take him to the Paint department where we sell our glues.

I tell him he could glue it back but upon reading the warning label on the tube of glue, it says to use in well-ventilated areas. He looks at me and says that'll enhance the effect and he bought the glue.

Hmmm....

Comment

Stop making laugh Craig. I'm in a heated discussion in the odda thread with Gekko!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

And then there's the time...

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                        And then there's the time...
                        ...when he was in imminent danger.

das the word foa today.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Well it seems like the pro-smoking bar owners struck out once again yesterday. What I hear from some friends at the Capitol, Sen. Ige decided to hear the bar owners bill that would let people smoke again. Anyway he ran afoul of Senate President Hanabusa by dong this, she told him to kill it.

Comment

For entertainment, pull up the testimony online. Some of it is quite strange for it being communication to the state legislature. You can see that many health organizations support the ban, while some bar owners are quite against the ban (at least the part that prohibits smoking in bars), and that some people in the public need to think a bit more before they send in their prose. We are all welcome to our opinions, but when someone writes testimony and gets too wacky, it does not help their cause.
                            Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                              For entertainment, pull up the testimony online.
                              A friendly suggestion: include a link when you post a reference like this.
                              Originally posted by Amati View Post
                              some people in the public need to think a bit more before they send in their prose. We are all welcome to our opinions, but when someone writes testimony and gets too wacky, it does not help their cause.
                              Heh - I'd rather read the compassioned vox populi than press-release-influenced "sound bite" and quote-ready copy; at least I know I'm getting the messages without having them filtered through PR flacks.

Comment

Originally posted by douglas View Post
                                Well it seems like the pro-smoking bar owners struck out once again yesterday. What I hear from some friends at the Capitol, Sen. Ige decided to hear the bar owners bill that would let people smoke again. Anyway he ran afoul of Senate President Hanabusa by dong this, she told him to kill it.
                                Of course, why should the government listen to the people most affected by the legislation? Poor slobs, they should all just go away and do what they are told - how foolish of them to think they have any recourse. My less than great opinion of Hanabusa has lowered yet another notch.

Comment

Working...
                                X