Favorite Sausage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Sausage!

Oh boy, all these threads talking about some ono kine sausage. Oh well, put the vienna sausage on hold for now! Gotta love that homemaid portuguese or blood sausage... Mmm...Good, Oh!!! we not talking about soup. Longanisa sausage ono too, and so is bratwurst with the sauerqraut...Sorry I dunno how to spell German only know how to eat..........
    bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Originally posted by tikiyaki View Post
      Lavagal, are you Italian? You seem to be really into Italian food.

Throwing fennel seeds into the sauce...never heard of that, but it sounds good. Sounds like some Grandma's secret to a tasty sauce....every grandma had her way of making sauce.

What kind of Italian sweets did you have.

Canoli's are my achilles heel....I could eat hundreds...SO fattening.

Sfogliatelle are another...and then there are the rainbow cakes, and the Italian cookie...now I'M hungry.
      NOPE! German Irish Lenape Indian French and English (Waspy Mutt). But I grew up in an Italian and Jewish neighborhood and with the best food of both worlds. I'm not into the same desserts as you. Thank goodness! I love chocolate but I'm on a quest for the ultimate homemade keylime pie.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        Amazing. I just woke up from a nap during which I dreamt that I was showing slides of different sausage to a bunch of kids. It was a mainland thing, so when we hit the beautiful picture of Portuguese sausage, I'd always say, "Hawaii's favorite and my favorite!" I don't remember what else there was, but the pictures were delicious. And now I wake and see this post.

Too bad I didn't dream of thirty-year-old, single, female English teachers.
        Sorry for the rude awakening Scriv'.

Especially when the first picture I post is of some gastly-looking southern sausage dish that looks NOTHING like a dreamy single female English teacher.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Purity Portuguese Sausage cut diagonally and pan-fried. Just that, rice and ketchup and I'm a happy camper.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
            Purity Portuguese Sausage cut diagonally and pan-fried. Just that, rice and ketchup and I'm a happy camper.
            Ketchup!? Hope it's for the rice. Sacrilage in either case.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
              Ketchup!? Hope it's for the rice. Sacrilage in either case.
              *in electronically distorted voice*: I also put eat laulau with ketchup...

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
                *in electronically distorted voice*: I also put eat laulau with ketchup...
                Oi, that's just wrong.

Comment

Someone had to do it...

[

After that comparo', I'm officially going vegetarian for the next 2 weeks. My blood is still boiling. lol

Click on image link to read the about the "Great Portuguese Sausage Shootout". Otherwise, I'll just say Purity won.

I also finally tried that Arabiki sausage. Nice snappy crunch. Good stuff!
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

So wot? Da takuan is da token veggie? <LOL> That looks absolutely blood curdling and requires a 3 hour nap.

Comment

i laughed when i ordered the portugese sausage and rice platter at the caf in the hospital i work in. 4 pieces of sausage and some rice for $3?? damn, i coulda made that giant thing up there for $3! =p
                      Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye View Post
                        So wot? Da takuan is da token veggie? <LOL>
                        Brah, da Takuan was da' saving grace. Maui brand... good stuff! Odda' wise da salt and fat combined from consuming all that sausage was traumatic. My blood is still boiling.

Plus, I have plans to take mom to Outback Steakhouse for a post-mother's day dinner tomorrow night, which where ordering just a salad is almost a sin.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I like the Silva brand Portuguese sausage. Available in a six-pack from Sam's Club. Also available, sporadically, from Safeway. I think it is from California, which might explain its similarity to Mexican chorizo.

Comment

Here in Seattle, I've been able to get Redondo, Gouvea & Aloha brands. Would love to try some of the others in Pomai's photo - I love the stuff.

Comment

Whenever I go to Hilo, I get the FF (Frank's Foods) brand. In addition to the 5 and 10 oz. sausages, they make Portuguese cocktail sausage ("pupu rockets").

I used to buy their stuff direct from their plant. You could get the P.S. in one-pound chubs.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanpacific View Post
                                Whenever I go to Hilo, I get the FF (Frank's Foods) brand. In addition to the 5 and 10 oz. sausages, they make Portuguese cocktail sausage ("pupu rockets").

I used to buy their stuff direct from their plant. You could get the P.S. in one-pound chubs.
                                Franks Foods still in business??? When I was still married to my Hilo girl, her parents used to always bring one care package full of FF Portagee sausage and their ham loaf. I really miss the stuff. Gotta talk to the ex about this.

Comment

Working...
                                X