Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here comes da storm

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
    In Lahaina, the sun is making a desperate attempt at shining but is losing to the dark, grey clouds. Wind still a bit gustier than normal, rain is but a drizzle, but that could all change just after I submit!
    Also alot of areas in Kihei are still without Power. My wife said coming back from Lahaina to Kahului the Pali had water falls all over the place. What a trip back home yeah honey! Anyway hope everyone okay out on the westside and everywhere else. Everybody take care each other and kokua one another!!
    bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

I "accidentally" drove out of Waianae last night! Hahahahahawah.

After driving along the biggest traffic jam i have ever seen in my life that stretched from Nanakuli all the way up to Kapolei, i told myself i was going to wait it out. So i'm driving home like 1:30 in the morning and everybody was gone! These brave men in raincoats were still working on the powerlines, all right!

McDonalds in Nanakuli is open and that 7/11 where my buddy works at, i swear i saw lanterns lit up in there.

Comment

Some pics I took while I was stuck in traffic coming out of Waianae yesterday. (3 1/2 hours to get to Honolulu! Two hours to get from Ma'ili to Nanakuli.)

Comment

A friend and I were walking downtown to get lunch a while ago. When we were out, it was just overcast. Down the street from us, I saw what I thought was really thick fog. We stopped and stared at it a few seconds before realizing that it was rain, being blown almost horizontally, in sheets, and it was coming towards us fast. We turned and ran across the street to get into a store for shelter as the rain started to sweep over us. The right side of my body got sprinkled with the rain but my left side is still dry and as we stepped into the store, it poured hard over the area. We couldn't believe it. And then it was over in about 5 minutes. Just enough time for us to get back to the office. and then it started to pour again. Weird.

Comment

Still breezy here in Kaneohe, and frequent heavy rain squalls.
            I do not believe the rumor that we will never ever see the sun again. At least I think I don't believe it.
            Talked to a friend in Kailua who said their power went out around 9pm Tuesday night and didn't come back until 6pm Wednesday night. Not as bad as some folks on the leeward coast... their power was out as long (or, for some, longer than) it was during the big earthquake.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
              The right side of my body got sprinkled with the rain but my left side is still dry and as we stepped into the store, it poured hard over the area. We couldn't believe it. And then it was over in about 5 minutes.
              True story: A few years ago I was driving towards town in Manoa Valley on E. Manoa Rd. when suddenly it began raining quite heavy. Interestingly, half my windshield (the left side) had rain drops and the other half was dry, dry, dry; and this continued for at least a minute of driving up E. Manoa Rd. heading makai like that. Totally weird!

Today it poured consistently off-and-on throughout the day in Waikiki; at times very heavy. Winds are light though, temp. cool. Good "eat soup or saimin, stay-in-bed and watch movies" kinda' day (if you have the day off).
              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

The night of the storm the wind was blowing so hard that my wall AC tripped off at the spick bar four times. Even when I turned it to low and turned of the other loads, it tripped off.

The only think I can think of is that the gusts pushed so hard on the fan inside that it drew overcurrent trying to overcome it.

IMPRESSIVE, I never had this happen before on since.

Comment

Working...
                X