Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does being a tobacco smoker lessen the dating pool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salmoned
    replied
    Re: Does being a tobacco smoker lessen the dating pool?

Originally posted by AlohaKine View Post
    Smokers are very much alive and well. Iron gets tougher under heat. It's called tempering.

Rebel by nature. Ruled by none!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempering
    It's not the heating that toughens iron, it's the sudden quenching which creates stress in the material. If you heat iron and let it cool gradually, then the tempering is lost. That's why it's important to always throw water on any lit cigarette, especially when it's being held by someone (that's when you get to see the temper[ing]). Freedom from secondhand smoke is my goal.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
    Both sound appealing.....
    An advertised oral fixation and a demonstrated propensity for behavior that might produce next-day regret. And the downside would be?
    Like mother, like daughter.
    It would be hard to as Chris Rock would say, "Keep your daughter off the pole."

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied

Smokers are very much alive and well. Iron gets tougher under heat. It's called tempering.
    Then go jump in the fire, "IronKine."

Other than that, you're just smoking. So that's make you a piece of bacon.

Rebels are loners. They don't go with the crowd, and they don't want the crowd to follow him. So far, I see smokers come in pack (pun intended).

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Rebel to the grave, if you wish, friend. Just don't force anyone to come along with you.

The majority of smokers I know are respectful of the wishes of others who do NOT want to breathe their smoke. In return, I try to be respectful of the desire of a smoker to smoke; it does not make the smoker evil, or sub-human, or weaker than any other person.

I don't want to breathe their smoke - they generally don't want to make me do so. No need for demonization of either side.

Leave a comment:

• AlohaKine
    replied

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tempering
    Last edited by AlohaKine; November 27, 2008, 02:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• timkona
    replied

And the downside would be?

Involves a lawyer?

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by sinjin View Post
    a demonstrated propensity for behavior that might produce next-day regret. And the downside would be?
    Highly contagious?

Leave a comment:

• sinjin
    replied

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    Which is more of a tramp stamp, a butt tattoo or a cig butt dangling from her lips?
    Both sound appealing.....
    An advertised oral fixation and a demonstrated propensity for behavior that might produce next-day regret. And the downside would be?

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
    thanks leo - the ending of my icky tuesday is now a happy happy tuesday

mahalo

bassoon *sounds out bassoon* hhhhhmmmmm has a kinky penance sound to it *sounds out bassoon again* mmmmmmmmm

mahalo
    SP, they should have made you a regular on "Seinfeld," you would have fit right in. Of course, HT is a funnier, lowbrow version of Seinfeld with more screwballs, misfits, and Bob Jones to boot!

Leave a comment:

• Seeking Penance
    replied

thanks leo - the ending of my icky tuesday is now a happy happy tuesday

mahalo

bassoon *sounds out bassoon* hhhhhmmmmm has a kinky penance sound to it *sounds out bassoon again* mmmmmmmmm

mahalo

Leave a comment:

• Leo Lakio
    replied

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    You're a celebate monk who has a personal relationship with a pipe
    Originally posted by Random View Post
    And you're a guy who think his head is screwed on backward?
    ...and that's why I am grateful that you're both here at HT.
    Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
    my happy tuesday is now turning into a icky tuesday with visuals and imagery of straight couples bonking.....eeewwww
    Perhaps you could latch onto part of Barry's comment, to help you change your mental video jukebox:
    Originally posted by Barry View Post
    I went to an organisation in the UK. It is called *Fag Ends*
    You just have to forget the British-ism of calling cigarettes "fags." (In that vein, did you know that the German word for "bassoon" is fagott? What any of that has to do with dating smokers is beyond me, however...Guess I just wanted to help get the icky breeders outta SP's mind.)

Leave a comment:

• Seeking Penance
    replied

if its any consolation random and dd i'll be more than happy to introduce you both to the girls at hooters - my precious gem will be more than happy to accomodate the both of you - since we are on the subject of sex.......how did tobacco smoker lessen the dating pole title rivert into jessica and whats his face belly button with sex?

my happy tuesday is now turning into a icky tuesday with visuals and imagery of straight couples bonking.....eeewwww

Leave a comment:

• matapule
    replied
    Re: Does being a smoker lessen the dating pool?

Originally posted by Random View Post
    Close! The point of my avatar is....I don't have my head screwed on straight! I'm foaming at the mouth, freakin' out of my mind, nuts.....and enjoying every minute of it! Try it sometime, you might like it!

"Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be matapules. They're never at home, they're always alone, even with someone they love." (with apologies to Waylon Jennings)

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied

I smoked 2 packs a day for many, many years. 18 months ago, I went to an organisation in the UK. It is called *Fag Ends*

They gave me a prescription (totally free) to go to the Chemist. There, he gave me these nicotine patches.

I put up with them for 3 months. Never had a ciggy since. Sometimes I still 'crave' for a minute.

My doctor switched her PC on and up comes *Barry Non Smoker*

Fellers, I don't consider myself that way !!! I just get up in the morning as tell myself,,,,, "" I don't think I'm gonna smoke today."

Barry

Leave a comment:

• Random
    replied
    Re: Does being a smoker lessen the dating pool?

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    You're a celebate monk who has a personal relationship with a pipe

Leave a comment:

Working...
X