Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does being a tobacco smoker lessen the dating pool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaonohi
    replied
    Re: Does being a tobacco smoker lessen the dating pool?

I would as soon lick a dirty ashtray.

If a date was a smoker I would ask her (or him) where they wanted to be dropped off (I'm NOT impolite, at least!) ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• i-hungry
    replied

Date a smoker. I could. But the smell bothers me too much that a long term relationship would be practically impossible. Life is difficult enough to deal with.

Leave a comment:

• Walkoff Balk
    replied

Originally posted by Holonalu View Post
    My post was meant to be humorous, obviously I'm on the wrong website for that type of "non inclusive" behavior, see ya...................

Hana imai 'oe kukae po'o
    You're on the correct website. There was a poll here on how do you wipe.

Leave a comment:

• Holonalu
    replied

My post was meant to be humorous, obviously I'm on the wrong website for that type of "non inclusive" behavior, see ya...................

Hana imai 'oe kukae po'o

Leave a comment:

• AlohaKine
    replied

Originally posted by helen View Post
    As a suggestion you should keep the polls open, that way any registrated user can take part in the poll.

There is nothing to stop you from creating a new thread that has that poll in it. I do suggest you have options like "No Opinion" or "It Depends". You might to click on the poll tag below to see how other polls are done on HawaiiThreads.
    Excellent idea. How about also a question that someone prefers only to date smokers.

Leave a comment:

• helen
    replied

Originally posted by Amati View Post
    This poll will close in a couple of days, and the figures I did in an earlier post are still almost the same now.
    As a suggestion you should keep the polls open, that way any registrated user can take part in the poll.

Originally posted by Holonalu View Post
    perhaps a pole is in order, FARTING VS SMOKING? WHICH DO YOU PREFER?
    There is nothing to stop you from creating a new thread that has that poll in it. I do suggest you have options like "No Opinion" or "It Depends". You might to click on the poll tag below to see how other polls are done on HawaiiThreads.

Leave a comment:

• Amati
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    I wonder if Bob Jones is lurking around this thread!
    Ha.
    Meanwhile, I was thinking that the 10 year olds were supposed to be in school today.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

I wonder if Bob Jones is lurking around this thread!

Leave a comment:

• Holonalu
    replied

I think you should only date a smoker if he/she, or, she/he, trying to be politically correct here, doesn't mind your constant and odious farting, kind of a trade off sort of thing, cigarette smoke masks the fart, fart covers up the cigarette smoke, and that cigarette lighter could really came in handy if a particularly HUMONGOUS fart should happen to occur,,,,,,,,,just a thought, perhaps a pole is in order,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,FARTIN G VS SMOKING??????? WHICH DO YOU PREFER???????????????? Next, on Larry King live!!!!!!!!!!

Aloha, da kiapolo made me do it

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

My dad was a lifelong Camel smoker even tho' he directed the Marlboro man commercials! What's not funny is Pop died of emphysema and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder). He quit smoking, cold turkey, 11 years before he passed. Most of those years were spent tethered to an oxygen tank. I'd give anything to have him back.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm allergic to ciggie smoke; a result of over exposure over so many years. I was married to a smoker. Under no circumstances will I date a smoker. I have no objection to someone smoking. Just don't do it in my air space!

Leave a comment:

• AlohaKine
    replied

It is nice art, I like it also and I'm no teenager. If something looks good it transends age. I miss Joe Camel myself. I knew people that where 50 that wore the Joe Camel T-shirt.

Leave a comment:

• AbsolutChaos
    replied

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
    My soon to be 15 year old god-daughter was over purchasing I-Tunes,
    when she noticed my pack of Camels. Never before had she picked up my smokes, but the artwork got her!
    See they are targeting the young ones.

Wow...that's very Ed Hardy. Considering the popularity and trendiness of Ed Hardy for the past several years, that artwork would DEFINITELY get the attention of anybody in the teen demographic. Very sneaky of them.

Leave a comment:

• zff
    replied

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
    I might take a smoker for a test run, but I'd never sign the contract.
    I think that's the kind of relationships most guys are looking for.

Leave a comment:

• SusieMisajon
    replied

I might take a smoker for a test run, but I'd never sign the contract.

Leave a comment:

• Menehune Man
    replied

Originally posted by Amati View Post
    Only about 1/4 the population smokes cigarettes. Does being a smoker mean you lessen your potential "dating pool" by eliminating the other 3/4 of the population (non-smokers)? Do non-smokers prefer to only date other non-smokers, not smokers?

Poll:
    If you are a non-smoker, will you date a smoker? [If married, did this come into play when dating?]

This is my first attempt at doing a HT poll, the topic came about in another thread and I thought I'd give a poll a try.
    Can't really answer the original question. Sorry.

Something that happened tonight was an interesting study in human behavior when subjected to advertising.

My soon to be 15 year old god-daughter was over purchasing I-Tunes,
    when she noticed my pack of Camels. Never before had she picked up my smokes, but the artwork got her!
    See they are targeting the young ones.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X