• Show
Clear All

Re: Chinatown drug shooting

They keep going tho:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-1866

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
      Industrial hemp is the same plant as pot just way less potent, so in order to take down competition Hearst and some others lumped it in with the more potent stuff, jazz clubs, Harlem and black men taking advantage of innocent white girls while under the influence.
      I worked at San Simeon for 9 years and became a student of Hearst. I am not a fan of Hearst but the quote above is BS!
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

You're right, it is iffy about the paper making reasons and he used the Mexicans as the bad drugged out animals:

http://books.google.com/books?id=PKD...esult&resnum=2

Comment

Chinatown Marijuana shooting

Yes, I changed the title to emphasize its facetiousness.

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
          Pot on the other hand is hardly worth criminalizing at all, just keep users from behind the wheel.
          In my experience, alcohol users are far more dangerous behind the wheel or in social situations than marijuana users. My take is that the marijuana ban is political, not health oriented.

Allegations of MJ being a 'gateway' drug hold equally for tobacco and ETOH (alcohol), as all (or nowadays most MJ users started off with cigarettes and alcohol, both of which are addicting. I am unaware of any valid, peer-reviewed study establishing the alleged addictive potential of marijuana.

So why is pot illegal? Politics. MJ users tend to think for themselves rather than following orders, suggestions or programming. However, initiative is also decreased, and this is likely why most "legalize marijuana" efforts have yielded few positive outcomes.

Users of MJ become placid under the effects of the drug. Their rationality and decision making qualities may be impaired, but not in a violent direction. They end to giggle and laugh at the slightest provocation and develop a condition they call "The Munchies," where they engage in consumption of empty calories - chips, pizza, etc.

A degree of paranoia is exhibited at higher doses, but this may be sociological backlash.

MJ overdose is unlikely.
          http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_ov...uana_if_so_how

Oh yes, and short-term memory is also impaired.

Now, what were we talking about?
          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
          ~ ~
          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
            it is iffy about the paper making reasons and he used the Mexicans as the bad drugged out animals:
            Much has been written about Hearst, some of it nonfactual and some of it conjecture.

For example, Hearst was nominally a Democrat and elected to the House of Representatives as a Democrat but he contributed to both parties as well as other causes, to suit his political agenda. In the end, he founded a "new" party called the Independence League and became an outcast to both Republicans and Democrats.

The origins of the words "yellow journalism" are confused at best. In fact, the term may have resulted from several sources, one of which is "the Yellow Kid" who was a popular cartoon featured exclusively in his newspapers.

Finally, Hearst did support the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 through his newspapers. However, the reasons for his support have been debated by scholars and it is not clear what his motives were. In fact, he may not have had any other motive than he thought he could sell more newspapers by taking that position. In 1937, Hearst was on the verge of personal and corporate bankruptcy as a result of his profligate lifestyle. What really pulled him out of bankruptcy though was the onset of World War II which increased newspaper circulation.

Hearst was a person of many contradictions. Although justifiably vilified for some of his actions and positions, he was also capable of compassion, generosity, and sensitivity. One of his best personal friends was the Mexican who managed his Ranch at San Simeon. He was also very loyal and generous with his personal cook, a Pilipino. Despite what positions his newspapers might take, I could find no overt bigotry on his part.

Wikipedia seems to have an even handed and realistic synopsis of his Hearst's life.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

And just like that...

...the oppressive numbers of HPD in Chinatown during the day are back down to what it was pre shooting/stabbings, virtually 0.
              Why can't there be a sensible and happy medium? With no presence the worst problems will simply return.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Well, SeekingPennace and I went to Chinatown last night after my NB Meeting in Kalihi. Chinatown was quiet. Not the Chinatown of past. Even the infamous Bar on Nuuanu neba have nobody when I peeked by the window. The Bouncers on Hotel Street were the ones making all the noise with their jokes...trying to keep themselves amused and awake. Yeah, there were drug dealers. In fact, three walked into Mini Garden while we were eating. SP told me I morphed into a demon.

Chinatown will always be Chinatown....it's just asleep now.

Somewhere in Chinatown ~ the beat goes on.

Believe me or not.

Auntie Pupule
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Believe me or not...

Let's hope so, and for the best!
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                    There's a Story to Chinatown. It's been known for years. Drugs and Illegal things have been happening for years. It's no biggie. Drive by shootings? Not new. Will it happen again? Probably will. It's not the fault of HPD. No how...no way. The question is who are the leaders and are they known? Ahhhhh....this island is too small. Must not talk too much. Get my drift?

Like I said in the Midweek.

"There is a War right here going on."

Auntie Pupule
                    Believe me or not.

Darlin's Darlin's,,,,, when I was at Pearl Hearbour on duty,,,, I had to carry a side arm but always on an empty chamber. Some of your armed forces memebers will get the meaning of this. I would never fire upon a Flag I fauaght under.

Yes ! I would put bullets in in the spout to help you folks.

Comment

When government makes laws prohibiting things, the only people who lose control of those 'things' is government. Everybody knows where to get pot, coke, meth, heroin, cuban cigars, or hookers at the Korean Club.

The only folks NOT in the loop is the government. By their own law, they exclude only themselves.

Remember, there are 2 basic questions.

1. If drugs were legal, would you start?
                      2. Do you think a user ever stopped cuz of law?

It is a logical conundrum that is impossible to resolve.

Those who support, or believe in, the War on Drugs, are ignorant of reality.
                      FutureNewsNetwork.com
                      Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                        Those who support, or believe in, the War on Drugs, are ignorant of reality.
                        Hmmmm...ignorant of reality? (scratches head and opu)

Nah. I'm not ignoramus. My MADDA said I SMART.

Have a nice day Tim Kona.

Auntie Pupule
                        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                        X