yer fave comedians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: yer fave comedians

Back in the 80's, I used to love watching A&E's Evening at the Improv with Bud Friedman. I seen one of Bill Engvall's greatest (and earliest) stand-up performances on that show.

Catching on to its popularity, VH1 soon came out with Stand-Up Spotlight with Rosie O'Donnell. Still, Evening at the Improv was much better, IMO.

The asian comedians like Margaret Cho and newcomer, Dat Phan always crack me up.. especially when they tease their own parent's "engrish" accents. Hilarious. Easy to relate when you live in Hawaii.

We recently had a company party and hired Rodney Villanueva as MC. OMG, talk about pee-in-your-pants, LOL-too-da-max, owee-my-opu-sore 'kine funny! I never laughed so much in my life. He's so clever and quick to pick up on the situation. If you want great comedy entertainment at your next party, hire Rodney. Guaranz' buss' laugh hilarious!
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Rap Replinger
      George Carlin
      Patton Oswalt

And I know he's not a "comerdian" per se, but Alec Baldwin is the funniest comic actor I've seen in a very long time. And his narration on The Royal Tennenbaums was brilliant.
      Don't be mean,
      try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
        [...]We recently had a company party and hired Rodney Villanueva as MC. OMG, talk about pee-in-your-pants, LOL-too-da-max, owee-my-opu-sore 'kine funny![...]
        Love Rodney! He's a great MC and really good at extemporaneous stuff. But I think I laughed harder at Paul Ogata when he MCed a couple of local advertising industry events before he moved to the mainland. All the creative dept. heads and copywriters were on the floor laughing as Paul called a "play by play", based on budget category, of each commercial that was up for an award. Hilarious.

Comment

TutuSue, since many of us are near your age, I'm surprised that you didn't mention the classic comedienne Moms Mabley. (R.I.P.)
          After all, your avatar and Moms' photos, well... :
          Last edited by LikaNui; May 21, 2007, 07:28 PM.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
            TutuSue, since many of us are near your age, I'm surprised that you didn't mention the classic comedienne Moms Mabley. (R.I.P.)
            After all, your avatar and Moms' photos, well... :
            Moms Mabley...I haven't heard her name in years! Whatta character. It's an honor to bear a likeness to her!

Here's another blast from the past...Totie Fields! Loved her!

I saw Phyllis Diller on Leno's show a couple of weeks ago. She still has "it". Amazing. She turns 90 this year and Leno asked her to celebrate with a party on his show.

Comment

About twenty years ago, the company referred me to service a client living in Lanikai. She turned out to be a burlesque comedienne of whom I had a number of party records. I took those LPs over and she autographed them for me. Her stage name was RUSTY WARREN and in her heyday, she was right up there with John Elroy Sanford, aka RED FOXX!

Comment

I love Sarah Silverman! Didn't see anyone else name her here. Liked her as host of the MTV Movie Awards. She got balls, making those remarks of celeberties in the audience! I wonder if Paris Hilton liked it?

I thought her performance at the 2007 Spirit Awards was pretty funny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivSvkLc4WAo

Comment

CHRISTOPHER TITUS!!!

He is my hero of comedy! I adore him, he talks about his psycho parents and adds the humor to it. Even suicide and other heavy issues.

I relate to that guy! He makes me laugh till I wet myself!
                  And I love Jeff Foxworthy as well.
                  Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                  Sharing withother survivors...
                  www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Louis Black
                    Stephen Wright
                    Mitch Hedburg
                    Richard Pryor
                    Emo Phillips
                    Kevin Smith
                    Lisa Lapanelli
                    Sam Kinison
                    Some of Chris Rocks stuff
                    Harland Williams
                    Dave Chappelle
                    flickr

An email from God:
                    To: People of Earth
                    Date: 9/04/2007
                    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                    God

Comment

14 Harrowing Last Words of Famous Comedians (msn.com)

Some were serious, some were funny. They put life in perspective.

Comment

32 Hilarious Steven Wright One-Liner Jokes (msn.com)

I like the one where his electricity went out in his home. So, he used the camera bulb to see. So, he had hundreds of pictures inside of his home.

Comment

Working...
                        X