• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo Lakio
    replied
    Re: Christmas Wishlist

Wow...Lynn, Blaine, Sue, everybody ---

You saw a need, you responded and dealt with it. No big corporations seeking publicity, no photo ops, no governmental paperwork. No sitting around complaining that "somebody (else) oughta do something."

It's not only the kids at MWH who are getting something special; you have made my Christmas season joyous as well.

Mahalo nui loa - Mele Kalikimaka e Hau`oli Makahiki Hou!

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Pupule Hale standing by...

get Roast chicken and poi waiting if you like kaukau

...all da children going be so happy tonight wen get dey Slippahs!

I can't wait to see the sparkles in each and every one of their eyes!

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by zztype
    UPDATE: OPERATION MWH SLIPPAHS MOBILIZING!

This is it, gangy! I'm on my way to Locals Footwear to pick up the 500 pairs of slippers. Delivering to the Pupule Hale some time in the next couple of hours!

Blaine
    Shoots! Too bad we can't track your journey online like we can track Santa's!

Leave a comment:

• zztype
    replied

UPDATE: OPERATION MWH SLIPPAHS MOBILIZING!

This is it, gangy! I'm on my way to Locals Footwear to pick up the 500 pairs of slippers. Delivering to the Pupule Hale some time in the next couple of hours!

Blaine

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

I've thanked everyone execpt the person responsible for making this all possible to begin with... who started the Christmas Wishlist thread, Adrian (doc1456).

...my apologies.

Mahalo.

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• zztype
    replied

Hello kakou!

Here's an update: We're buying 500 pairs. They only requested 388 but we're ordering 500 because the slipper guys gave us a great deal and we want to make sure we have enough for any kids we missed.

TutuSue has already raised enough money, $250, to pay for the slippers, so I'm suggesting that whatever else money comes in, I'm going to give it to Lynn and tell her get something else (or help her get something else), maybe small toy or sweets for the kids.

I have several more people who want to donate and I have replied to everyone who wrote to me already. If you want to send in a donation, my email address can be easily found at http://zztype.com

Send me a message and I'll give you my mailing address or PayPal info.

I hope to pick up the slippers today and will drop them off at Lynn's. The party is tomorrow night (Thursday) at MWH.

Mahalo for supporting this crazy idea!

Aloha,

Blaine

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

~ The Spirit Of Christmas ~
    December 20, 2005, 5:34 pm
    http://tinyurl.com/ame3c
    (courtesy of Lurkah)

Now we just wait. The "Slippahs are ordered!" My WebMaster needs Sleep. I need to get well. The task is complete. Ryme. Thank you Tutusue and eveybody too. Thursday night is the night, My Christmas Wish Will Come TRUE!

Ahhh...The Spirit Of Christmas lives in us

Those who gave what they could

Those who couldn't but only prayed

That helped, we understood.

To give from your heart

With nothing in return

Is what it's all about

To share with those less fortunate

...especially to children

Is a gift so precious, words can not express

Toys can be bring smiles for a little while

But Slippahs will be remembered, used and worn for a long time.

Mahalo Dear readers, friends, and Ohana!

Lynn Vasquez aka Auntie Pupule

Leave a comment:

• zztype
    replied

Hi folks,

I'm sorry I haven't responded yet. I've been away from my computer since early this a.m. At this point I haven't slept in 27 hours. I need to go to bed. I'll have to wake up to go to work in about 3-1/2 hours from now.

I have a bunch of PM waiting. I also have a couple of emails. I will get to them late tonight or early tomorrow a.m.

I have ordered the slippers already. I don't have a delivery date yet, but I am sure they will be ready tomorrow, Thursday daytime at the latest.

I'll catch up with all the email and administrativ stuff tonight after I've had a couple of hours of sleep.

My apologies.

Blaine

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Tutusue and The Ladies Of the Film Industry of Hawai'i donated $250.00!

D'Alana pledged $ 50.00

other pledges are coming in...

Mahalo!

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

It was worth the wait. The fever and anticipation was nothing compared to the euphoria that I felt engulfing me. Yes, the news on the screen that my WebMaster sent me...jumped right out! I screamed in excitement and happiness. MAMA stopped watching her Korean Movie. She thought I had gone bonkers and was ready to stand up and crank me with her cane to get me back into reality. She didn't have to.

When I saw her coming towards me, I regained my composure very fast. There was no way I was going to get hit with her half alive/half dead Black Cane! That thing has a mind of it's own!!! I'm serious. Shit. Where was I. Oh, yeah. I was happy. I started telling MAMA what my webmaster emailed me. Then MAMA started to get excited too. She went back to her chair.

Ok. Here's the scoops. Da "Slippahs" are being ordered! Please PM zztype to get his address to send your donations. Every bit helps.
    Our sincere appreciation for all your concern and patience. Mahalo for your prayers too. It is coming through. My Christmas Wish is coming true!

....I believe the children are our future
    Teach them well and let them lead the way
    Show them all the beauty they possess inside
    Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
    Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be!

Special Mahalo to: Webmaster Blaine (zztype) & Sue (Tutusue).

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM MAYOR WRIGHT HOUSING!

3rd Annual Christmas Celebration For Residents on Thursday, December 22nd
    Lanai area across the Guard Shack ~ Da "Slippahs" will be distributed to the children by Santa! I'll be taking lot's of pictures to share!!

With HOPE ~ We can live wth Peace, Faith and LOVE!

http://i.euniverse.com/funpages/cms_...9/4candles.swf
    Last edited by 1stwahine; December 19, 2005, 07:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Final Count: 500 Slippahs!

Blaine will be getting the information on the costs on Monday. Will update you on how to send in your donations and to where.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Originally posted by Pomai
    You know Aunty, I was going to re-emerge this post. But I nevah' like hassle you. I know you had to go door to door yourself (along with some neighborly help) to get those counts. Truly awesome.

It's almost Christmas, and we can all help the children at MWH. Slippers may seem like "small 'kine". But remember that's for their feet, which are the foundation of the body.. and in this case, life.

Speaking of slippahz.. I bought a pair of Crocs. So comfortable! You guys gotta' try 'em.
    Pomai, Lucky you neva re-emerge this post. I would have gone looking foa you and given you a couple of my famous Whack Whacks foa Christmas!!

...nah, I'm just joking with you!

BTW: Wea ya wuz? I missed ya! Neva see ya on the Boards.

Crocs? Comfortable? Not comfortable for my pockets. hahahahahahah

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

You know Aunty, I was going to re-emerge this post. But I nevah' like hassle you. I know you had to go door to door yourself (along with some neighborly help) to get those counts. Truly awesome.

It's almost Christmas, and we can all help the children at MWH. Slippers may seem like "small 'kine". But remember that's for their feet, which are the foundation of the body.. and in this case, life.

Speaking of slippahz.. I bought a pair of Crocs. So comfortable! You guys gotta' try 'em.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Aloha Everyone!

Well, the day has finally arrived! The final count will be ready by this afternoon and will be given to Tutusue and Blaine.

Marlene and her sisters came through. Beverly also was a big factor after I got ill.

Everybody pitched in. Parents came to my Hale and even MAMA took information while I laid in bed.

Yep, the children are all looking forward to their SLIPPAH'S!

Mele Kalikimaka From Mayor Wright Housing!

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

p.s. I can't wait to take pic's on the 22nd @ the Children's Xmas Party when the "Slippah's" will be distributed by name and size personally by Santa himself!

Update: 8:39 a.m.
    Fundraiser for Slippah's
    If you are interested in da Christmas Slippah's for MWH's Kids ~ please PM me! Mahalo, Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; December 17, 2005, 08:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Originally posted by cezanne
    Auntie... maybe they no like wear slippers! I had slippers as a kid but preferred barefooting it. But anyway, I hope your Christmas wish comes true.
    When I was a kid, I didn't wear slippers by choice too. All kids go through that phase. When I'm in my hale ~ I go without too. Nobody dares to walk on my white carpet nor in my home for that matter with shoes or slippers. I'll whack whack them!

The difference with these children is that they don't have a choice. It's POVERTY as I stated before. It's sad, true and common to see them playing and going to school bare footed.

My Christmas Wish has come true...there are Angels amongst Hawaii Threads.com. members and their friends!

Auntie Lynn
    Last edited by 1stwahine; November 5, 2005, 10:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X