• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cezanne
    replied
    Re: Christmas Wishlist

Originally posted by 1stwahine
    I do have something to wish for: I wish for all the children of MWH to have a pair of rubber slippers so they won't have to go bare footed.

Somehow, even if I'll be one month late in getting them their slippers...I'll make sure they'll get it!

Auntie Lynn
    Auntie... maybe they no like wear slippers! I had slippers as a kid but preferred barefooting it. But anyway, I hope your Christmas wish comes true.

Leave a comment:

• lurkah
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue

It'll be easier to determine how far to take this 'slipper-raiser' once we know how many pairs are needed.
    I just had a funny visual...of those barefoot kids in Mayor Wright Housing receiving for Christmas and then running around in these. Happy feets!

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Aloha Dear Pomai! Yes, I didn't forget about you and the others. Tutusue is coordinating the drive with the Hawaii Media. Blaine will be getting the Slippers from his friend at the warehouse.

Information for HT Members will be posted up as well.
    [...]
    Not exactly as widespread as the media, Auntie! Rather, the filmmaking community. There are real, honest-to-goodness media people on HT! I'm not one of 'em. It'll be easier to determine how far to take this 'slipper-raiser' once we know how many pairs are needed.

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

Aloha Dear Pomai! Yes, I didn't forget about you and the others. Tutusue is coordinating the drive with the Hawaii Media. Blaine will be getting the Slippers from his friend at the warehouse.

Information for HT Members will be posted up as well.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied
    Rubber Slipper or Tenacious (Tennis Shoes)?

The Youth plans a Play this year and are all excited about the recieving "Slippers" for Christmas! They will be distributed that night.

As soon as I get the exact amount, names and sizes...I will let tutusue and Blaine know.
    Aunty, there's a bunch of us here who will be contributing (myself included), so please LET ALL OF US KNOW!

Let us know which store(s) you'll be buying the slippers from. I already have a few gift cards ready to send.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

The gathering of information has begun!

I spoke with Mrs Eliapo, President Of MWH Tenant Association yesterday. The Youth plans a Play this year and are all excited about the recieving "Slippers" for Christmas! They will be distributed that night.

As soon as I get the exact amount, names and sizes...I will let tutusue and Blaine know.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn
    Standing by...

Leave a comment:

• 1stwahine
    replied

The gathering of information has begun!

I spoke with Mrs Eliapo, President Of MWH Tenant Association yesterday. The Youth plans a Play this year and are all excited about the recieving "Slippers" for Christmas! They will be distributed that night.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• beaker
    replied

More SmartWool socks. Makes feet happy.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by Pomai
    Great concept! I LOVE that Tiki Kitsch look. Think also like Duke's Waikiki.

I'm smack in the middle of remodeling our condo. Take a look at this Turtle Bay Resort Ocean Villa.

That's pretty much what I'm following as my interior design concept.

The kitchen & bath will have dark Corian countertops with natural Maple cabinets and Stainless Steel Appliances.

Expen$ive project.
    Nice! But that's not tiki kitsch (or, as I call it, tiki-tacky-chic!)...that's Kona Village Resort!!! Yes...expensive...and it looks it!

My bathroom is very small so I'm going to turn it into a lava rock cave by panelling the walls and ceiling in lava rock veneer. Hopefully I'll find an appropriate clam shell for a sink, a la the old Coco Palms. If I had unlimited funds this is what I'd do to my 32"x32" shower:
    http://www.thomasdeir.com/tile_mural...urtlecave.html

I'm having fun planning it and once work slows down to a roar I'll start a new thread about the subject. My Christmas wish, aside from Auntie getting slippers for the MWH kids, is to get more remodel/decorating ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Pomai
    replied

Originally posted by tutusue
    Next year I'll remodel and redecorate. Think La Mariana Sailing Club meets Kona Village Resort. After 45+ years, I'll have my little grass shack on the beach in Hawaii...and with no pre-planning; just one sentence uttered in 1960.
    Great concept! I LOVE that Tiki Kitsch look. Think also like Duke's Waikiki.

I'm smack in the middle of remodeling our condo. Take a look at this Turtle Bay Resort Ocean Villa.

That's pretty much what I'm following as my interior design concept.

The kitchen & bath will have dark Corian countertops with natural Maple cabinets and Stainless Steel Appliances.

Expen$ive project.

Leave a comment:

• tutusue
    replied

Originally posted by Lalalinder
    [...] Oh, wait......I guess I wouldn't mind having a cute little flat somewhere near Hyde Park in London....
    Be careful what you wish for...

True story...late 1950s...
    My dad bought a Martin Denny album. I heard "Quiet Village" and by the end of the song I was ready to move to Hawaii! I was at most 15 years old and had hardly been out of California!

Early 1960, at age 16, I visited Hawaii for the first time. I got off the plane and told my dad that, someday, I was going to live in a little grass shack on the beach in Hawaii. He did a major eye roll.

Mid 1978, I moved to Hawaii.

Mid '80s I bought a little condo on the beach in Makaha...which is where I moved in 1992.

Next year I'll remodel and redecorate. Think La Mariana Sailing Club meets Kona Village Resort. After 45+ years, I'll have my little grass shack on the beach in Hawaii...and with no pre-planning; just one sentence uttered in 1960.

Leave a comment:

• Glen Miyashiro
    replied

Originally posted by pzarquon
    Usually, the thing I want most for any special occasion lately is simple, and requires only a little privacy and a bed.

A nap, guys, a nap. Sheesh!
    We understand, PZ. You've got small kids.

Leave a comment:

• pzarquon
    replied

Originally posted by Lalalinder
    Oh, wait......I guess I wouldn't mind having a cute little flat somewhere near Hyde Park in London....
    Well, then, I'll take a 4BR plantation-style house on a couple of acres of land perhaps half a dozen miles north of downtown Hilo.

Usually, the thing I want most for any special occasion lately is simple, and requires only a little privacy and a bed.

A nap, guys, a nap. Sheesh!

Leave a comment:

• Lalalinder
    replied

Santa Baby...forgot to mention one little thing....a ring...

Just kidding. I am so over "stuff". Travel is way more fulfilling to me.

Oh, wait......I guess I wouldn't mind having a cute little flat somewhere near Hyde Park in London....

Leave a comment:

• craigwatanabe
    replied

Originally posted by doc1456
    What do you want for xmas?

Here's my list:
    - to get an internship and still stay in school
    - world peace (or atleast help to stop all of these disasters)
    - a laptop to work at school

(actually, I only care for the first one, the rest I can live w/out)
    You know instead of World Peace, I think I'd rather have Miss America who wants World Peace.

What do I want for Christmas? Hmmm...Rapture! I think this world is about to have a major meltdown soon the way things are happening on an escalating rate.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X