Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Legal Question: Shopping Carts

we get the big poles at ross here too!

I still don't understand why it's not considered "possesion of stolen property"
    With compassion to all the people that need them to carry their items... today... I went to foodland and had to wait to get a cart (market city around 3:00). It didn't take long to get a cart...just waited for the first person leaving... however... this is the first time that I've had to wait for a cart.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      we get the big poles at ross here too!
      When I tried to exit a Ross' here in Hilo with a cart full of junk the pole hit the exit. I just grabbed my stuff and left the cart at the door exit just to piss them off for using such an inconvenient design.

When a sales associate asked me to move the cart away from the exit I told them if they helped me carry all my stuff plus my 2-year old across the parking lot I'd be glad to put the cart back. They couldn't help me...I left the building cart in place.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

The number of carts stolen by homeless people is surely a tiny percentage of the total number of carts taken. The rest are taken by people who have to lug their groceries long distances to get home. Thus, it is not in the stores' best interests to prosecute for such a thing. Sure, they want to keep their carts, but they want more to keep your patronage. It's easier and in the long run more profitable to send the rookies out into the neighborhood to grab whatever carts they find. $300 per cart is nothing to sneeze at, but when you think about the amount of profit each cart typically generates in its lifespan, in the long run I think stores have to look at carts as "consumables," something that gets used a certain number of times and then lost, broken, taken, or decommissioned. I'll bet Wal-Mart spends more each year on toilet paper, toilet-seat covers, and paper towels than it does on shopping carts, but it's not about to stop spending that money.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Hey Scrivener...um don't you have to teach class in the morning...around 8ish? I think sleep should be on your agenda right around now
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
          X