X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What pisses you off?

People who beat up animals "for fun"

I just remembered a story on CNN headline news, about a group of people who was hurting a baby seal. She spotted the people on the beach, realized what was going on, and tried to call 911 on her cell. She made the call, but the group saw her, approached her, took her cell phone, house keys and car keys, and threw them into the ocean, and left before police arrived.

The seal was taken care of at some facility, but it died. I remembered the reporter say something about a fishing line tied tightly around its neck, into its muscle.

Those are the people who should be put in a house, and let big ol' samoan guys with rope do the same thing to them, and drag them out onto the street for everyone to see.

They make me sick.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by kamlost
      People who say animals are just dead matter. That's there's no one in there. That animals can't get hurt.

Coming home and it's a big mess.

Lateness....

Stupid excuses

I hate excuses period. When I was a department manager, I would get excuses for mistakes made in the workplace. I would put my hand up at the first breath of an excuse and tell them: I don't want to hear excuses why you failed to do your job, I want to hear a solution to what you're going to do about it, come back when you have a good answer and not a poor excuse.

Yeah I wasn't sympathetic to anyone who created a problem and didn't have the integrity to resolve it making me responsible for cleaning up their mess.

But what really pisses me off is when you're microwaving popcorn and you know just about all of the kernals have popped but you want to get your money's worth and pop the small handful of dud kernals left over. And in your greed for more popcorn, you burn the rest of the popcorn and now the aromatic smell of hot buttered popcorn is replaced with the smell of something belching out of the smoke stacks at any of the chemical manufacturing plants at Campbell Industrial Park. Oh das so sad!
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
        I hate excuses period. When I was a department manager, I would get excuses for mistakes made in the workplace. I would put my hand up at the first breath of an excuse and tell them: I don't want to hear excuses why you failed to do your job, I want to hear a solution to what you're going to do about it, come back when you have a good answer and not a poor excuse.

Yeah I wasn't sympathetic to anyone who created a problem and didn't have the integrity to resolve it making me responsible for cleaning up their mess.

But what really pisses me off is when you're microwaving popcorn and you know just about all of the kernals have popped but you want to get your money's worth and pop the small handful of dud kernals left over. And in your greed for more popcorn, you burn the rest of the popcorn and now the aromatic smell of hot buttered popcorn is replaced with the smell of something belching out of the smoke stacks at any of the chemical manufacturing plants at Campbell Industrial Park. Oh das so sad!
        Ahha.. you sound like a tough good boss.

Well, the worst popcorn is the type that never pops. I got a bag of those once!

Comment

Fluctuating prices.......put a price on something and leave it the hell alone!!!!!!!
          I bought my ticket to Oahu last Wed. for 422, last night it was priced at 335, today, it was 355, etc............
          It seems such a waste of time and energy to constantly change the prices in a machine or whatever. And sometimes they havent been and you get overcharged and have to go thru a riggamoro.......
          Miulang--------i second that emotion!
          If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

This one really pisses me off: Living in Hawaii.

I know, Hawaii is the best place on earth: beautiful sunsets everyday (when it isn't raining), a lot of fresh food, aloha everywhere (when it isn't rush hour) and friends everywhere like everyone part of the ohana.

But the reason why I sometimes hate living in Hawaii, is that we're last to receive everything: Walmarts, Best Buys, long shipping times, and especially video games (atleast for me)). I ran to Ala Moana Shopping Center (my school is just accross the street on Kapiolani) and they tell me that a game isn't here (it was on the plane, and will come tomorrow).

That game was already delayed by a week, and now I won't be playing it for a day. I busted my behind for that game (I pushed myself to pass all of my 3rd quarter classes, and I did, so I'm waiting for my reward), but if you want something, then you'll wait for it.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

*people talking on cell phones in restaurants

*people talking on cell phones at twice the volume they need to, giving me details of their lives that I bet they don't realize they're giving me

*pupule drivers

*people who hurt kids and/or animals

*telemarketers

*political ads

*prescription ads
              Aloha,
              Mokihana

Comment

walkin around in circles trying to remember what i need to get :\

Going to the grocery and finding out i lost my list.

Comment

1 - Definately Poor Customer Service!!

2 - Folks (serial killers in training) who are cruel to animals.

3- This incident (or rather the stupidity of this girl) royally pissed me off: I was visiting my parents back in 1994. I went to go put gas at our local convinience store. While I was pumping the gas a young girl pulled up, got out of her car and started pumping gas all the while she had a lit cigarette in her hand and was puffing on the damn thing! When I saw that my eyes just bugged out and I told her that there is no smoking around the gas pumps and I pointed out the signs to her. She just said "oh", giggled and put her cancer butt out. Shheeesh, how freaking stooopid is that?!
                  Lovena

Comment

At the risk of seeming like a jerk (this being my first post), Hawaii politics really piss me off. Our goverment are slaves to big devoplers. These people give little or no thought to basic infrastrucsure. Our roads are grossly inadquete and poorly planned for the the present population. Our natural resourses are being ignored,very little recycling, no Windpower, no Desalinisation or new resivores, our fish stocks are plummeting to dangerously low levels. Yet new resorts are being planned all the time.

Just a short list of other things:
                    Pollution, Polluters
                    Drug dealers
                    Price of housing
                    Decline of places to Fish/Hunt
                    Lack of respect for our fellow Man/Woman
                    AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH ....................
                    Okay I feel a little better now

Comment

People who put this kinda crap at the end of all their emails and online posts:

(rather, it's the people who force others to use this, I mean...)

"The unauthorized disclosure or
                      interception of e-mail is a federal crime. See 18 U.S.C SEC. 2517(4).
                      This e-mail is intended only for the use of those whom it is
                      addressed and may contain information which is privileged,
                      confidential and exempt from disclosure under the law. If you have
                      received this e-mail in error, do not distribute or copy it. Return
                      it immediately to the sender with attachments, if any, and notify the
                      sender by telephone."
                      Last edited by kimo55; March 31, 2005, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                        People who put this kinda crap at the end of all their emails and online posts:

"The unauthorized disclosure or
                        interception of e-mail is a federal crime. See 18 U.S.C SEC. 2517(4).
                        This e-mail is intended only for the use of those whom it is
                        addressed and may contain information which is privileged,
                        confidential and exempt from disclosure under the law. If you have
                        received this e-mail in error, do not distribute or copy it. Return
                        it immediately to the sender with attachments, if any, and notify the
                        sender by telephone."
                        That kind of crap is what companies use to cover their asses in case those emails get intercepted by malicious people. We have to put that disclaimer at the bottom of all our corporate emails, too. This is what our siggy says:

"This message and any attached files might contain confidential information protected by federal and state law. The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entities originally named as addressees. The improper disclosure of such information may be subject to civil or criminal penalties. If this message has reached you in error, please contact the sender and destroy this message. Disclosing, copying, forwarding, or distributing the information by unauthorized individuals or entities is strictly prohibited by law."

Miulang
                        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

yea, but every one has to see that.
                          It's got an 'almighty' creepy corporate greazzy lawyerly veneer to it.
                          They command people; "call the sender by telephone if this reached you in error."
                          sheesh.

"is what companies use to cover their asses in case those emails get intercepted by malicious people"
                          this is what the lawyers tell everyone, partly to justify their existence and retainer.
                          Last edited by kimo55; March 31, 2005, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Ahhh those disclaimers, I think I still have my Voice over disclaimers running on a few of those paid infomercials and block programming on KHVH yet, must be over 7-years old by now.

But you know what really pisses me off? When people don't signal when moving into a turn lane then signal when they want to turn. So technically if you're in a dedicated left turn lane and you signal for a left turn, one could assume you're making a u-turn.

AND THEN!!! There's that stupid Dell Computer customer service commercial where that guy in bed is talking to a VERY AMERICAN customer service representative and YOU KNOW if you were to try it you'll hook up some female from India named "Sally" who can't understand your distinctly American accent.

THEN there's those people who load up their milk, eggs and cheese purchased with WIC coupons into their brand new Caddy Escalade with Bling Bling spinning 22-inch rims! HOW THE F*@K does that happen!

AND FINALLY!!! People who talk the talk but can't walk it! I see it all the time in the retail business: A customer who demands to be treated like friggin Imelda Marcos and only buys the cheap stuff because they cannot afford the real McCoy!

But other than that I'm a pretty mellow guy

Comment

which reminds me.. how bout those (not you, Craig...) that skewer old sayings to the point of meaninglessnes?

It is "walk the talk."
                              as in:
                              "DO what ya SAY you are gonna do.
                              "put your money where your mouth is"
                              or
                              "actions speak louder than words"

"talk the talk. walk the walk."
                              It means nothing. let's go back.. NOT too terribly long ago, and use the actual saying.
                              It has come to mean absolutlely nothing anymore, Just as these two other duuummmmb slogans:
                              "That Said".
                              and
                              "arguably"

meaningless.
                              The paragraph would be none the worse (and would flow even better) if they were NOT used.

ok. rant mode off.

Comment

Okay so what's wrong with "Have your cake and eat it too" I mean if you're going to buy/bake a cake you should be able to eat it. It'd be kinda moronic not to. Like buying a car and not driving it. Of course I want to have my cake and eat it too what else are you going to do with it?

I was down at the Salvation Army and picked up an old GTE beige desk phone with a dial on it! It sits on my desk and it works too. It's great because I don't have pulse dialing so it can only receive calls which makes it great because no one uses it for outbound calls, plus the ringer is the actual two-tone brass ringer so people freak out when they hear it go off instead of the common electronic warble of today's phones.

So what does this have to do with what pisses me off? When we still have to use archaic terms like Dial up or Dial Tone. Today's youth has no idea what the hell that means anymore! My 21-year old looks at my dial phone and asks me how it works. Back then dialing 911 was significantly harder to do discreetly and yes it did exist back then along with party lines which also pissed me off when you had to use the phone and some moron was tying up the partyline.

Okay I'm mellow now

Comment

Working...
                                X