This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Beating a dead horse

Guys, I may not be the mod here, but can we just move on along?

JJ have moved on. Now we need a sacrificial pig to put in the imu.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

• Re: WWJD? SMU Courts June Jones

Okay so now that June Jones is gonna be outta the picture, can we go back to GO BOWS!!!! And the green and white unifoms, and the playing of songs like Hawaii 5-O and other great songs the UH Marching Band played?

I gotta admit this much, the Sugar Bowl entertainment meant nothing to me wtih the music they played. Where's the aloha?
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        Okay so now that June Jones is gonna be outta the picture, can we go back to GO BOWS!!!!
        Only if we put you in the pink mahu mascot costume. Remember that one?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
          OKAY! I think we have to press "stop" here and "rewind" this thread a little bit, for those who are lost and have (unintentionally or otherwise) misconstrued my postings. (...) I did not write about any scandalous story about June Jones. (...) Keep in mind that the only bit of gossip that has appeared in this thread came not from me, but from someone else. (And a very stale one, at that.)
          Thanks for clarifying. I definitely fall into the "unintentional" category.

So Lika nui, if you're fishing for some "juicy gossip"...
          I guess you misunderstood me, as well. I flat out DETEST gossip.

The End.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I'm actually surprised considering the clause in Jones' contract that they didn't play hardball and force Jones to honor the full contract until June, not allowing him to sign with SMU until afterwards. Even if he resigned, they could refuse to honor it, giving admin more time to

1) Fire Herman Frazier in front of Jones to show respect
            2) fix the facilities and those things on his grievance list
            3) pay the man more

They didn't have to cut him loose, or even allow him to talk to other teams until the contract was up. I bet Frazier let him do that too.

I swear, it's like Frazier was like a mole from another school that doesn't like Hawaii and did everything he could to ruin the program and get paid for it.

Of course, if the AD had done his job, we'd never be at this reality.

Comment

It's merely the tip of the iceberg... My point remains the same. Stories about June Jones' personal life and habits have been largely ignored and unreported on by the mainstream local media. By that, I mean the obvious suspects. (Advertiser. Star-Bulletin, KHON, KGMB, etc.)
              I have to agree with LikaNui and call you on your bullsh*t, Frankie’s Market. If you know of newsworthy facts regarding June Jones’ personal life and habits, then just spill it. Otherwise, you are just wasting everyone's time, pulling our chain, etc. etc.

The sources for those rumors that you're pointing out don't carry anywhere near the same weight and exposure as the mainstream media outlets.
              I agree completely. I merely pointed them out because they are the only sources that have gone public so far. I might add that source Dr. Joel Fischer who circulated the “rumor,” is the same person who correctly predicted that the WASC committee would choose to place UH on probationary status for accreditation, and that former UH president Evan Dobelle would be fired.

Basically, June Jones is getting the same kind of kidglove treatment from the local media that John Wayne received for so many years while he was alive, with virtually all of his scandals and mis-steps being whitewashed by the press in order to perpetuate some clean, All-American image.
              Can you offer an example? Any proof? Even evidence? Really, I think you owe me an apology. Unlike you, MixedPlateBroker, Fischer, and Ian Sample are the only ones who have provided any unreported details whatsoever of Jones’ dealings/personal life, shady source, or not.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
              USA TODAY, page 2A
              11 March 1993

Comment

• Re: Papa Bear, Mama Bear, and Baby Bear

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                Oh, for crying out loud, guys. You make like this stuff is some big secret. These “rumors” have been posted on HT for more than four months now.
                First of all, I have to say I don't check Wikipedia very often, as I heard their content is reader-submitted and not necessarily verified. That concerns me. A lot. But. I was looking on Wikipedia for info about Fred von Appen, and there was this link to their entry on June Jones. I was surprised to see that they already have the news about him leaving for SMU. They recap his career in various jobs, and the new entry about SMU says this:
                In a press conference at the Hall of Champions adjacent to Gerald J. Ford Stadium on January 7, 2008, June Jones was introduced as new head football coach of the Southern Methodist University. He is the school's 5th coach since the so-called “death penalty” in 1987. Jones will try to turn a football program around that had its last bowl game appearance in 1984 and its last winning season in 1997. Jones agreed to a 5-year contract with SMU, which will earn him $2 million annually, making him by far the best paid coach in Conference USA. The move to SMU also allows June to be geographically closer to his 5-year old son that he fathered with former University of Hawaii volleyball player Lily Kahumoku.

Like I said, I'm concerned about taking Wikipedia entries as gospel, but given various recent posts here, it seems only fair to point this out.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                  First of all, I have to say I don't check Wikipedia very often, as I heard their content is reader-submitted and not necessarily verified. That concerns me. A lot. But. I was looking on Wikipedia for info about Fred von Appen, and there was this link to their entry on June Jones. I was surprised to see that they already have the news about him leaving for SMU. They recap his career in various jobs, and the new entry about SMU says this:

Like I said, I'm concerned about taking Wikipedia entries as gospel, but given various recent posts here, it seems only fair to point this out.
                  The part about June Jones and Lily kahumoku isn't there anymore if it was there earlier. conspiracy?

Comment

GENTLEMEN!!!

Can we not talk about that part of JJ's life?

It's derailing the thread talk here.

Comment

Who you calling a gentleman???

Last edited by zztype; January 8, 2008, 02:27 PM. Reason: Oop. Fogot da smiley. :D
                      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

I have to agree with LikaNui and call you on your bullsh*t, Frankie’s Market. If you know of newsworthy facts regarding June Jones’ personal life and habits, then just spill it. Otherwise, you are just wasting everyone's time, pulling our chain, etc. etc.
                        Tunnl, you believe anything you want. Other people know and understand what I meant about "the coach and coeds" (note the plural) and that's as far as I'm going. I'm not going to name any names just to answer your childish and immature taunts. And as I already explained to Lika Nui, I'm not going to contribute to any gossip on this thread beyond what you have cited.

This is Hawaii Threads, not tmz.com.
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                          Who you calling a gentleman???

Take it for how you wish to define it, strictly ... or loosely.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                            I guess you misunderstood me, as well. I flat out DETEST gossip.
                            That makes two of us, then.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Other people know and understand what I meant about "the coach and coeds" (note the plural) and that's as far as I'm going. I'm not going to name any names just to answer your childish and immature taunts. And as I already explained to Lika Nui, I'm not going to contribute to any gossip on this thread beyond what you have cited.
                              Clearly, I have ruffled your feathers so much that you have resorted to namecalling. If you want to keep your dirty little secret close the vest and not reveal any details even after waving it in the face of HT readers, that’s your kuleana. For the record, what I took issue with, was your continuous hammering of the local “mainstream media” because they haven’t followed up on..well..whatever it is that you don’t want to reveal to HT. Oh, and then taking a potshot at me because I did what you lambasted the “mainstream media” for not doing.

P.S. I don’t remember reading any juicy details about JJ in the Honolulu Weekly or Ka Leo O Hawai‘i. Why don’t you criticize those “non-mainstream” media sources?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Clearly, I have ruffled your feathers so much that you have resorted to namecalling. :
                                Namecalling? Now you're imagining things. I didn't call you any names. I did label your taunting behavior as being "childish" and "immature."

As far as my feathers being "ruffled," once again, believe what you want.

<--- image of me having my feathers being ruffled to pacify Tunnl.

If you want to keep your dirty little secret close the vest and not reveal any details even after waving it in the face of HT readers, that’s your kuleana. For the record, what I took issue with, was your continuous hammering of the local “mainstream media” because they haven’t followed up on..well..whatever it is that you don’t want to reveal to HT. Oh, and then taking a potshot at me because I did what you lambasted the “mainstream media” for not doing.
                                Read my last reply to Lika Nui. I did not make my post with the purpose of gossiping about June Jones. Neither was it a criticism of any press organization. It was simply a reminder to Coach Jones about the soft treatment he got from the local media. Now if in your mind, that constituted a "continuous hammering" of the local media, then OH WELL. Think what you want.

And as far as your speaking out on behalf of "HT readers," it appears to me that your sentiments are now being sung by a chorus of one.

P.S. I don’t remember reading any juicy details about JJ in the Honolulu Weekly or Ka Leo O Hawai‘i. Why don’t you criticize those “non-mainstream” media sources?
                                Once more, you're seeing criticism that's simply not there. As far as my failure to mention Honolulu Weekly or Ka Leo,.... I simply don't have time to list every single media organization and news source in this state. If you're going to read into my failure to mention "this" magazine or "that" website, then what can I say? Somebody's imagination is working overtime.
                                Last edited by Frankie's Market; January 10, 2008, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X