X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WWJD? SMU Courts June Jones

Originally posted by zztype View Post
    12) They make the freeway pillars too big in Hawaii.
    [applause] Oh, that's good GREAT! And funny HILARIOUS! [/applause]

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
      [...]
      I am available for the position of Head Football Coach at University of Hawaii. I will send my resume, forthwith, to Mr. Frazier.
      Kden...if you get the job will you show up at the HT Christmas party in your Santa hat again...a Santa hat with an "H"?!
      Ooooh...OUCH!!!

I have an addition to the list but I'm keeping it to myself!

Comment

OHHHH! SNAP!
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Sorry if I am out of line, but thought the Top 19 list was so funny, I started a separate thread for it.

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=14324

Blaine
          Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Which brings to mind something else to add to my previous post.

Coach Jones, one other thing about Hawaii you will miss is the sacred cow treatment you got from the local media. Here, your,.... (hmmm, how shall I put it?) your extracurricular activities have been largely unreported by the media outlets, both print and broadcast. Which is cool with me. I mean, what you do in your personal life is your own private business, AFAIAC.

But you may be in for a rude awakening should you continue engaging in these kinds of activities on the mainland. In other media markets, even the slightest personal indiscretions are fair game.

So,.... while you are busy turning around the fortunes of your next downtrodden football program, better learn to keep your nose clean, aikane. Or you may be in for bigtime embarrassment. Big Bruddah will be watching you.
            Last edited by Frankie's Market; January 6, 2008, 04:24 PM.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
              Which brings to mind something else to add to my previous post.

Coach Jones, one other thing about Hawaii you will miss is the sacred cow treatment you got from the local media. Here, your,.... (hmmm, how shall I put it?) your extracurricular activities have been largely unreported by the media outlets, both print and broadcast. Which is cool with me. I mean, what you do in your personal life is your own private business, AFAIAC.

But you may be in for a rude awakening should you continue engaging in these kinds of activities on the mainland. In other media markets, even the slightest personal indiscretions are fair game.

So,.... while you are busy turning around the fortunes of your next downtrodden football program, better learn to keep your nose clean, aikane. Or you may be in for bigtime embarrassment. Big Bruddah will be watching you.
              haha...damn, you sound like a Na Koa booster who once told me some juicy stories.
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                haha...damn, you sound like a Na Koa booster who once told me some juicy stories.
                Let's just say that coaches and coeds can be a recipe for tabloid fodder.

I can say no more.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

ESPN makes it look interestinger and interestinger...

pax

Comment

619 articles at Google News. Most of those hits are the same article, but still.
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

It ain't over 'til it's over.

LINK to SB Dave Reardon's blog

Comment

And from this recent story on the Advertiser website:
                        Agent Leigh Steinberg said June Jones, moved by e-mails and phone calls from Hawaii supporters, is having a change of heart and is reconsidering a decision to become Southern Methodist University's next football coach.
                        Steinberg said Jones arrived in Dallas today with the intent of joining SMU, but those plans have been put on hold.
                        Steinberg also said the UH president David McClain has assumed a lead role in negotiations. McClain, according to Steinberg, has addressed many of Jones' concerns about improving the UH athletic facilities.
                        Steinberg said he expects Jones to make a decision by early tomorrow.
                        (...)
                        Something tells me June is going to have a sleepless night.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                          Something tells me June is going to have a sleepless night.
                          He's not the only one.

BTW, has anyone from Hawai'i flew to Dallas to meet with JJ in person? Negotiating over the phone seems impersonal.
                          Last edited by Random; January 6, 2008, 09:31 PM.
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                            BTW, has anyone from Hawai'i flew to Dallas to meet with JJ in person? Negotiating over the phone seems impersonal.
                            It may be impersonal. But time is of the essence here. If you're planning to convey something to JJ to change his mind about leaving here, you gotta do it before he signs another contract with someone else.

Comment

Here, your,.... (hmmm, how shall I put it?) your extracurricular activities have been largely unreported by the media outlets, both print and broadcast.
                              Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                              Let's just say that coaches and coeds can be a recipe for tabloid fodder. I can say no more.
                              Oh, for crying out loud, guys. You make like this stuff is some big secret. These “rumors” have been posted on HT for more than four months now.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                                Oh, for crying out loud, guys. You make like this stuff is some big secret. These “rumors” have been posted on HT for more than four months now.
                                That's not all of it. I will say no more about this.

Who are the prized recruits from whom Hawaii has received verbals?
                                Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X