Warriors: Hawaii vs. Oregon State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warriors: Hawaii vs. Oregon State

A plastic flask is the solution to the high price of a drink at a sporting event.
    FutureNewsNetwork.com
    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
      A plastic flask is the solution to the high price of a drink at a sporting event.
      My friend and I were thinking that exact same thing...as we were going in the door!

They had only limited security and they were only checking bags... no metal detectors or anything like that!

Still get OSU

The thing that sucks...

1. Is I don't like hard liquor and well a flask of beer will get me through about half way through the first quarter!
      or
      2. You either straight shot it.... or end up paying $3.00 a soda!
      or
      3. You suck it up and enjoy paying the price for a good football game knowing you got the tickets for free from a co-worker!

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy View Post
        How is the 7:05 PM kickoff going to help UH's national exposure?
        Don't know. But do know that the game IS the very last game of the entire college football season. And with the press Colt has been receiving, like the article in the latest Sports Illustrated, I'm sure the savvy sportswriter/fan on the mainland will be curious enough to check it out. Hopefully they can do what they've been doing to teams the past few games next week to a team like Purdue. If Colt does decide to return for his senior season, his name will no doubt be on everyone's preseason list for next year. Maybe even get a mention is CSI like Timmy Chang did a couple years ago.

Comment

Awsome game. Nothing beats being there.

I think we'll look back on this season and marvel at the offense. The game was not as close as the scoreboard would make it seem. It should have been 65-7.

Comment

At what point in the game was that pic taken, 808shooter? the stands are emptier than windward mall.
            Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

That picture is the opening of the game... I can tell ...I'm in the N section 21 rows from the field....about 100 yards and a level or two closer to the field.

That is when the warriors were just getting ready to run on the field.... and yes... a lot of people were still filing into the game.....

From my estimate...that picture would be about 7:30 before Kick Off...

FYI - They announced the Defensive starters for the game tonight... instead of the offensive starters.... which was a nice touch considering the defense came through for us tonight!

It was a decent crowd... not capacity... however the seats you see in the background of this picture were filled in shortly after kick off!

My estimate... 31,000 people.

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy View Post
                Don't know. But do know that the game IS the very last game of the entire college football season. And with the press Colt has been receiving, like the article in the latest Sports Illustrated, I'm sure the savvy sportswriter/fan on the mainland will be curious enough to check it out.
                The fact that the game is the last game of the regular college season, coupled with the season that Colt and the UH offense is having this year, to me, is reason enough to start the game earlier so that those in the eastern half of the nation can witness for themselves the number #1 offense in the USA at a reasonable hour.

As it stands now, about the only people I know who would be happy about the 12:05 AM East Coast starting time, are owners of sports bars down in Newport...they'll have the game on for sure as late night games out of Honolulu are usually big draws in these type of establishments. (I guess they sell more beer and food when a game is on.)

Remember when the BYU-UH game was moved from 6:05 PM to 11:05 AM back in '01? That game, if I recall correctly, was the highest rated college football game ESPN had telecast at that time. I don't know if it was because of the heated rivalry between the two schools, but I'm more inclined to think it was because that game was the last game of the season...it was the only show left in the nation...the last opportunity for college football junkies to get their fix before the bowl season began. And it was telecast at a reasonable hour for everybody in the nation.

I'm thinking UH would be better off of starting the game earlier for better national exposure, but this is just me talking. I was hoping for an earlier start. As I will have arrived in Honolulu, on an 11 hour non-stop from New York/Newark just the day before, my body clock is going to be all out-of-whack, and that 7:05 PM start is going to feel like a 12:05 AM start for me. Oh well...I'm going to suck it up and enjoy the game and hopefully witness the Bows finish up their exceptional season to date with another victory!

I mua, Na Koa!

Comment

well, looks like UH is an early favorite.

UH v Oregon St +7.5

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                    At what point in the game was that pic taken, 808shooter? the stands are emptier than windward mall.
                    yep, the stands got a lot more crowded.

the end zones and upper yellow were the ones that remained open.

one of these games i've got to drink less beer in the parking lot and get into the game in time for the haka. i've heard it's awsome.

Comment

I've posted this else where on HT... However, I'd like to remind everyone to get to the game early to avoid the parking problems that happened at the 2001 BYU game.

I'm glad were ahead in the vegas spread... however, I'm a bit skeptical with OSU being a much better team in my eyes then Purdue was.... and Purdue almost beat us!

Comment

I'm excited...I'll be going to my first UH game without the band jersey/helmet. First game as a regular, paying fan. First game as an alumni. First tailgating experience at a UH game. [Dan Robinson]I'm so dang stinkin' excited.[/Dan Robinson]

Now any women wanna be my date?
                        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                          I'm excited...I'll be going to my first UH game without the band jersey/helmet. First game as a regular, paying fan. First game as an alumni. First tailgating experience at a UH game. [Dan Robinson]I'm so dang stinkin' excited.[/Dan Robinson]

Now any women wanna be my date?
                          I'll be at the game. We're tailgating as per usual at Gate 8 (I think), so anyone who's going, feel free to stop by and get some free BBQ!

We've had season tickets for years and years, but I haven't had the time or energy to go to any games this year until now.

I was in Vegas last week, and it surprised me how many people there actually knew about Colt and how good he is. Looks like we're finally getting some respect. Woot!

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                            I'll be at the game. We're tailgating as per usual at Gate 8 (I think), so anyone who's going, feel free to stop by and get some free BBQ!
                            What's on the menu... If I could... I would start up a HT walk around and introduce ourselves crew or something....

Seems like a lot of us are planning on attending... sheesh... guess I better get my ticket soon.... I normally get em free from a co-worker...but it looks like she is going to be using them this game

If someone feels like starting an OSU related tailgate thing I'd be happy to contribute...etc.... I'm not worthy to start things here on HT.... so If someone else would like to start a possible meeting I can assist in following up.

Mike Lowery... you take married guys as dates by anychance?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                              What's on the menu... If I could... I would start up a HT walk around and introduce ourselves crew or something....
                              Not sure what's on the menu (I haven't gone to a game in a while). Just the usual grinds, I guess. My uncles never disappoint.

Def stop by and check it out if you go, Manoa. You won't be disappointed. The tailgate is usually more fun than the actual game itself. Chances are, I'll jus end up hanging out there the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                                I've posted this else where on HT... However, I'd like to remind everyone to get to the game early to avoid the parking problems that happened at the 2001 BYU game.
                                And if you don't have to drive to get to the game, take TheBus' Football Express Buses. No way I'm going to drive my car to the game and get caught up in that traffic, which could be a repeat of the '01 BYU game parking mess Manoa notes above. Of course, if you are a tailgater, I guess you'll have to get in early, but for people like me who are not in charge of a tailgate party, I think TheBus expresses are the best way to get to the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X