Warriors: Hawaii vs. Oregon State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warriors: Hawaii vs. Oregon State

So it's a green-out game, and I think I don't even own a green shirt (I ain't wearing my green, polished cotton Tori Richard shirt or 80's Seattle Sonics jersey to the game). [Shops online]

Looking back at my college career, UH lost to every Pac-10 opponent they played when I was in attendance (I wasn't at the bowl game against Oregon State). They lost to Arizona in 1998 and USC and Washington State in 1999. I had a cool view from the band section.

Maybe fourth time's the charm?
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
      So it's a green-out game, and I think I don't even own a green shirt (I ain't wearing my green, polished cotton Tori Richard shirt or 80's Seattle Sonics jersey to the game). [Shops online]

Looking back at my college career, UH lost to every Pac-10 opponent they played when I was in attendance (I wasn't at the bowl game against Oregon State). They lost to Arizona in 1998 and USC and Washington State in 1999. I had a cool view from the band section.

two words... don't go!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
        two words... sure is!!!

Comment

It's a SELLOUT!

Last night, John Fink practically went off at the people for being fairweather fans during his THINK ABOUT IT segment. What he said made a lot of sense. It would have been nice to see 50,000 fans at each home game.
          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
          We're not here to mess around
          Boston, you know we love you madly
          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
          You know we couldn't live without you
          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
            Last night, John Fink practically went off at the people for being fairweather fans during his THINK ABOUT IT segment.
            Who really cares what John Fink thinks? I know I don't.

Let me drink beer inside the stadium and I'll think about returning to Aloha Stadium to watch a game in person. And while they're at it, the concession folks should train their staff to not be such pricks.

I'll be watching this game like I do the others... on PPV at the bar of my choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe View Post
              Let me drink beer inside the stadium and I'll think about returning to Aloha Stadium to watch a game in person.
              Since when weren't you allowed to drink beer in the stadium?

I was drinking there at the SJS game two weeks ago... Expensive... yes... but it was still inside the stadium.

They even had hawkers selling beer in the aisles so that you didn't have to leave your feet.

Looks like PJ needs to return to the stadium .

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                Since when weren't you allowed to drink beer in the stadium?
                You can drink beer in the stadium if you're willing to pay the high prices and deal with the one-beer-at-a-time rule.

That's not my idea of drinking beer.

Comment

I hate lectures about "fairweather fans." I'd love to go to the game... if I could afford it. For all I know ticket prices are in line with other college teams, But they keep going up and it's too rich for me.

With the five of us, three of them hungry kids, one game is $200 right there. Lots of other activities can be enjoyed for that price.

And the stadium experience leaves a bit to be desired, too. I guess a football game is exactly where you're expected to be loud, rowdy, vulgar and drunk. But I could do without the beer-spilling, foul-mouthed ranters when I'm there with my kids.

Oh well. I realize I'm not the fan UH wants, anyway.

Now, we really had a blast at the homecoming game, drunks and surly concessionaires notwithstanding. But we're not likely to enjoy another game in person anytime soon.

Comment

I'll be watching this game like I do the others... on PPV at the bar of my choice.
                    Hey, I thought this was on ESPN? Has this changed?

Comment

Originally posted by Pretender View Post
                      Hey, I thought this was on ESPN? Has this changed?
                      It's still on ESPN. PJ was probably speaking generally of the games this season.

Comment

It's still on ESPN. PJ was probably speaking generally of the games this season.
                        Correct... my bad. It'll still be on at the bar I frequent on Saturdays.

I need a beer.

Comment

You can drink beer in the stadium if you're willing to pay the high prices and deal with the one-beer-at-a-time rule.

That's not my idea of drinking beer.
                          Actually they will let you buy two beers at a time (My friend and I took turns going to the concession)... but who wants to do that and have a flat beer by the time your done with the first one?

Comment

Actually they will let you buy two beers at a time (My friend and I took turns going to the concession)... but who wants to do that and have a flat beer by the time your done with the first one?
                            They'll let you BUY two at a time, but technically they're not supposed to let you leave with both unless they see the other person it's actually going to.

Not supposed to stack, yo.

Comment

They'll let you BUY two at a time, but technically they're not supposed to let you leave with both unless they see the other person it's actually going to.

Not supposed to stack, yo.
                              that's why you make good buddies with the people standing line with you

Comment

that's why you make good buddies with the people standing line with you
                                Or, just go watch the game in the comfort of a sportsbar, where the servers don't care how many beers you order at a time (as long as you're not disturbing anyone else).

Once again, my original point: It's not worth it for me to go to the stadium to watch the games. I'd rather watch it in a bar. And I don't care what John Fink thinks.

Comment

Working...
                                X