• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D'Alani
    replied
    Re: TheBus news

Originally posted by jdub
    oh, man...i used to ride the bus to school from HI Kai by myself for years, when i turned 7 and my sister moved on to high school...that was back in the day of the 10-cent fare...
    I remember the 10 cent fare but I no remember Hawaii Kai back then. Beyond Kaimuki and Fort Shafter was considered "country" those days.

Leave a comment:

• Rickyrab
    replied

Originally posted by jdub
    oh, man...i used to ride the bus to school from HI Kai by myself for years, when i turned 7 and my sister moved on to high school...that was back in the day of the 10-cent fare...i'm just glad feliciano vea wasn't driving my route back then...

i've always maintained that TheBus is a fine City operation (driver strikes and pedophile drivers notwithstanding), one of the few City operations that can realistically be called successful...but drivers sexually assaulting children? you can't get publicity worse than that...
    And people thought it was bad when priests were doing that...

Leave a comment:

• Rickyrab
    replied

Originally posted by doc1456
    A lack of security on the bus and responsibility on the job, I'll bet.

Leave a comment:

• jdub
    replied

oh, man...i used to ride the bus to school from HI Kai by myself for years, when i turned 7 and my sister moved on to high school...that was back in the day of the 10-cent fare...i'm just glad feliciano vea wasn't driving my route back then...

i've always maintained that TheBus is a fine City operation (driver strikes and pedophile drivers notwithstanding), one of the few City operations that can realistically be called successful...but drivers sexually assaulting children? you can't get publicity worse than that...

Leave a comment:

• adrian
    started a topic TheBus news

TheBus news

Big new buses pulled off road
    O'ahu Transit Services pulled 10 hybrid electric-diesel buses out of service this week following an engine fire in one of the buses on Tuesday, the third fire in the past year on the fuel-efficient buses....

... [Mufi] Hannemann said the route was operating at about one-third of capacity and estimated that it had cost the city about $2 million to operate in the initial months of service.

Hannemann said the new buses also were disappointing because they do not climb hills efficiently, so couldn't handle routes such as the trans-Ko'olau trek to Windward O'ahu.
    And

City bus driver accused in attempted sex assault

Police arrested a city bus driver Wednesday as a suspect in the attempted sexual assault of a 15-year-old boy who was a passenger on the bus.

Police said the alleged incident took place between 4 and 6 p.m. Oct. 2 in Pearl City.
    What is happening to TheBus?
Working...
X