X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Are You GO for $39?

Originally posted by Konaguy
    My point was this supposed competition before Go arrived never reduced
    airfares on HA/AQ. Real competition is supposed to reduce airfares.
    Like Mel said, doesn't matter who you fly right now, just get flying while the fares are still low. All industry analysts say that go! cannot continue to offer those $39/fares forever.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      Like Mel said, doesn't matter who you fly right now, just get flying while the fares are still low. All industry analysts say that go! cannot continue to offer those $39/fares forever.
      That really wasn't my point *sigh* But I won't digress further.
      Not worth it to waste my typing strokes.
      Check out my blog on Kona issues :
      The Kona Blog

Comment

That really wasn't my point *sigh* But I won't digress further.
        Not worth it to waste my typing strokes.
        your *sighs* will turn to *pissed* once you realize Mesa has been taking you for a sucker in its own private ego stroking. Lets revisit this topic in 6 months konaguy.
        GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

• Aloha Air unveils birthday offer

http://pacific.bizjournals.com/pacif...ml?jst=b_ln_hl

Aloha Airlines says it will mark its 60th birthday this month by giving vouchers for free travel for use on passengers' own birthdays.

The privately-held Honolulu-based carrier turns 60 on July 26 and says anyone flying the airline on a paid ticket that day will get a certificate that can be redeemed for a free interisland ticket on the passenger's birthday in 2007.

"An airline doesn't enjoy the privilege of providing continuous service for 60 years without the wholehearted backing of the communities it serves," CEO David Banmiller said. "So we're thanking the people who fly us on our birthday by celebrating their birthday."

With proof of travel on July 26 -- the ticket stub -- passengers may get free interisland tickets for roundtrip travel beginning on their birthday next year provided they return within seven days of departure.
          GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

Two Round Trip Tickets To Honolulu - $150

Rental Car - $75

Shopping at Ala Moana for school clothes for my daughter for Kindergarten - $500

The first Dad & Daughter only trip - Priceless
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

• Re: Aloha Air unveils birthday offer

Originally posted by aloha-anon
              "An airline doesn't enjoy the privilege of providing continuous service for 60 years without the wholehearted backing of the communities it serves," CEO David Banmiller said. "So we're thanking the people who fly us on our birthday by celebrating their birthday."
              Whew. Cheap tickets. Free tickets. Lots more creative promotions, advertising, sponsorships, community outreach. A huge emphasis on "the community," on being local, on family and values. Aloha and Hawaiian are sure trying hard to earn our business.

Where was all this innovation five years ago?

Sure, go! is playing hardball, and in the long term, the consumers will get screwed. That's been the story since the first stone coin was carved. But it's obvious the ant farm here needed a good shake, and I, for one, am glad for it.

ETA: Glad to hear you and your daughter had a good trip, Tim. My wife and kids love visiting the Big Island, but weren't sure it was in the cards this year... until June 9 rolled around. We might not fly go!, but we'll be thanking them for the opportunity, however long it lasts.
              Last edited by pzarquon; July 11, 2006, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aloha-anon
                your *sighs* will turn to *pissed* once you realize Mesa has been taking you for a sucker in its own private ego stroking. Lets revisit this topic in 6 months konaguy.

Whatever You really insist on being right....sheesh...Besides that
                6 months is too soon to see if you are right,almighty one.
                Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                The Kona Blog

Comment

show?

drinks?

what gives...
                  808shows.com / 808PhotoVault.com / Hawaiian Express Records...

Comment

Whatever You really insist on being right....sheesh...Besides that
                    6 months is too soon to see if you are right,almighty one.
                    I dont insist on being right, please never let me be accused of that. Just one question, have you even flown on go! yet? Just would like to know how you liked it. August 7th is coming up quickly! It may be sooner than later.
                    GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

Now Hawaiian Airlines is crying foul because go! is using the phrase "Hawaiian airline" in a generic sense on its website, but therefore, allegedly, diluting Hawaiian Airlines' trademark.

Surely, go! knows exactly what it's doing, and as KHON noted in its report, go! seems to have at least reworded its Google AdSense ad from "Hawaiian Airline" to "Hawaii flights." But I think it would also be ridiculous to expect people to write around "Hawaiian airlines" to describe an airline or the airline industry in Hawaii... so on its face, it just comes across -- again -- as ridiculous and petty.

I agree with the guy KHON interviewed at the airport. "Childish, immature, desperation... I think it's been good publicity for all of them."

Indeed. But I think Hawaiian would be better served by putting all the money it's throwing at lawyers back into the company, to at least stay in business a little while longer. It seems like Aloha isn't half as desperate, limiting its fight to airfares and service -- where the battle should be taking place.

Comment

• Re: Aloha Air unveils birthday offer

Originally posted by pzarquon
                        Where was all this innovation five years ago?
                        Five years ago was the time that Aloha and Hawaiian had the flat rate coupons. Of course for Aloha it was an anniversary kind of thing. I do remember purchasing a two sets of coupon books during that time. Back then it came out to $55 per coupon or a one-way interisland flight.

Comment

OK, what's up with this?

Hawaiian Airlines Introduces "Go" Cards

Hawaiian Airlines is introducing a prepaid activity card that will offer unlimited access to participating attractions and activities in the carrier's destination cities of Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle and Oahu.

Ironically, the new cards are called Go Cards -- such as the Go Hawaii Card -- and are being introduced just days after Hawaiian Airlines sent a cease-and-desist order to interisland rival go! to stop using the name "Hawaiian" on go!'s Web site.
                          I guess "Go" is just as much a generic word as "hawaiian" is.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                            I guess "Go" is just as much a generic word as "hawaiian" is.
                            Go. Hawaiian. Aloha.
                            Just try to have a conversation around here WITHOUT using these three words.
                            That will be very limiting.

Comment

That's pretty funny. Though I guess the "Go" name for the cards is part of the partner company's nationwide series of programs. "Go Boston," "Go San Francisco," "Go Seattle."

Wonder if Smart Destinations has a trademark on "Go" for air travel and related services? They do have "TM" on "GoCardUSA," at least. Here's their package page for Hawaii, the "Go Hawaii Card."

Comment

This one for Konaguy!

bizjournals.com
                                Interisland fares below short Mainland routes
                                Wednesday July 19, 5:39 pm ET

Interisland airline fares, widely regarded as excessive before the current fare war, are in fact similar to routes of similar length on the Mainland.

Hawaii aviation historian Peter Forman checked one-way fares for Mainland flights between 87 nautical miles, the distance between Honolulu and Kahului, and 188 nautical miles, the distance between Honolulu and Hilo.

His findings:
                                Washington National to New York LaGuardia, 186 nautical miles: $87. Boston Logan to New York LaGuardia, 160 nautical miles: $82. (both flown by JetBlue, also trying very hard to win market share) Seattle to Portland, 122 nautical miles: $122. San Diego to Los Angeles, 95 nautical miles: $147. Reno to Oakland, 157 nautical miles: $105. Forman found that Mesa Air Group, whose entry into the Hawaii market triggered a fare war, charged $217 for a flight from Phoenix to Tucson that is 96 nautical miles, and $250 for a flight from Phoenix to Flagstaff that is 107 nautical miles.

((( Mesa has been lying to us??? Say it isnt so! )))

Forman, a former TWA pilot with economics training, says pre-fare war interisland fares were in line with fares of the past after adjusting for inflation.

He speculated that consumers may regard top interisland fares as too high because Hawaiian Airlines and Aloha Airlines sometimes display interisland fares next to $150 Mainland offers, though actual costs of flying to the Mainland are usually double that.

"The fare to the Mainland is not as far removed from the costs of providing this service as you might imagine," Forman said in a Q&A added Wednesday to his Web site www.airlinesofhawaii.com . "Most labor tasks, such as loading and unloading the plane, seating passengers, parking the plane, etc., are similar in cost for both a long flight and a short flight."

Published July 19, 2006 by Pacific Business News
                                GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

Working...
                                X