This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawaii's Interisland Air War - Chapter 2

Well, poop. With the latest 'battle,' I checked Hawaiian Airlines out of curiosity and punched in the same flights and times as our existing 'go!' reservation for New Year's. Turns out I'd save $100 in all, for our five seats, if I'd reserved on Hawaiian today instead of go! in September. That's the way the game is played, I guess.

'Go!' wouldn't let us go, as it were, but they did change our departure time back to a better, earlier time -- rather than the later flight they'd moved us to after our original reservations (something that I'm still sore about). They said at the time it was because they weren't flying that flight that day, so either something changed (again), or they were just moving passengers around for some other reason.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
      Well, poop. With the latest 'battle,' I checked Hawaiian Airlines out of curiosity and punched in the same flights and times as our existing 'go!' reservation for New Year's. Turns out I'd save $100 in all, for our five seats, if I'd reserved on Hawaiian today instead of go! in September. That's the way the game is played, I guess.

'Go!' wouldn't let us go, as it were, but they did change our departure time back to a better, earlier time -- rather than the later flight they'd moved us to after our original reservations (something that I'm still sore about). They said at the time it was because they weren't flying that flight that day, so either something changed (again), or they were just moving passengers around for some other reason.
      go! moved one of their airplanes back to the mainland for a heavy check. They are also cancelling flights to bump up their piss poor loads so they can get higher numbers to report next month.
      GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

• Island Air strikes back

Island Air has introduced a $12 return flight fare on a round trip ticket. Go here for the details. The sale ends this Friday for travel through mid-March, 2007.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Aloha-Anon, this ought to make you happy. I had to book two flights to Maui this past weekend.

Booked on Aloha. Why? Website was up and easy to use and I've used it before. Maybe if I had time, I would've looked online more but I was in a rush so Aloha it was.

I think I paid around $80 round trip x 2. Not too bad and much better than prices a year or two ago.

Comment

• Re: Island Air strikes back

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
            Island Air has introduced a $12 return flight fare on a round trip ticket. Go here for the details. The sale ends this Friday for travel through mid-March, 2007.
            Playing with Island Air's reservation system booking on a fictional trip from Honolulu to Hilo Feb 2 and Feb 7, 2007; the ticket prices going to Hilo were as follows:

$31.01 - $54.67 - $70.22 up to nearly $100 depending on the flight and type.

To get the $12 you have to buy the same color combination of flight on the return.

The cheapest is $43.01 not including taxes and fees, RT. This was also reported on the KFVE News at 9 tonight.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

• Pacific Wings enters into agreement with NWA

NWA, another carrier that flies passengers from the Mainland to Hawai'i, has entered into an electronic ticketing agreement with feisty little Pacific Wings. I don't know if this will impact NWA's agreement with HA, though, or if Pacific Wings did this to be more competitive with Island Air for the flights to the smaller airports.

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by 808shooter View Post
                Aloha-Anon, this ought to make you happy. I had to book two flights to Maui this past weekend.

Booked on Aloha. Why? Website was up and easy to use and I've used it before. Maybe if I had time, I would've looked online more but I was in a rush so Aloha it was.

I think I paid around $80 round trip x 2. Not too bad and much better than prices a year or two ago.
                aw-rite!!! no go!
                GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

KITV reports tonight that Pacific Wings is giving away free flights on December 25 until all seats are "sold" for that day.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

• Flying for cheap on Christmas

Go! announced $25 fares on all seats until the planes are filled for flights on Dec. 24 and 25. If you haven't already made any Christmas plans and want to go surprise your ohana on another island, better go get your tickets wikiwiki!

Miulang

Comment

• Hawaiian outsourcing some jobs

As was rumored several months ago, HA has now confirmed that it will outsource its call center (reservation), IT and accounting departments. But the good news is that the 200 or so employees who would be affected by the outsourcing will not lose their jobs, thanks to the last contract agreement which stated that they would not get laid off if their jobs disappeared. Very akamai employee negotiators.

What's interesting is that they are planning to outsource the reservation function to the Philippines rather than India.

Miulang

Comment

• Re: Hawaiian outsourcing some jobs

What's interesting is that they are planning to outsource the reservation function to the Philippines rather than India.
                        Outsourcing a call center to India ain't such a hot idea these days. Because of its success, it's become it's own undoing as the cost of a call center in India these days is a lot more than when the phenomenon started around 2000. Plus, they are notorious for high turn-overs as most who work there use it as a stepping stone. And third, there has been a dip in customer satisfaction in the US because sometimes, it's just hard to understand English with an Indian accent.

Comment

• Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                          Outsourcing a call center to India ain't such a hot idea these days. Because of its success, it's become it's own undoing as the cost of a call center in India these days is a lot more than when the phenomenon started around 2000. Plus, they are notorious for high turn-overs as most who work there use it as a stepping stone. And third, there has been a dip in customer satisfaction in the US because sometimes, it's just hard to understand English with an Indian accent.
                          And it's not as hard to understand English with a Filipino accent?
                          Go! announced $25 fares on all seats until the planes are filled for flights on Dec. 24 and 25. If you haven't already made any Christmas plans and want to go surprise your ohana on another island, better go get your tickets wikiwiki!
                          HA has now matched go!s fare. AQ has not yet done so, according to its website.

Miulang

Comment

And it's not as hard to understand English with a Filipino accent?

Miulang
                            Maybe, maybe not. But a call center in the Philippines right now doesn't have the same three criteria that is working against India at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                              Maybe, maybe not. But a call center in the Philippines right now doesn't have the same three criteria that is working against India at the moment.
                              Only one Airline is <scratch>Hawaiian</scratch> Indian
                              GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

Looks like Mesa/go's pilots aren't the only ones who are unhappy with their management. The flight attendants union is asking for a federal mediator to help with negotiations between that labor union and Mesa management. Grumpy employees can make baaaad things happen.

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                                X