X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hawaii's Interisland Air War - Chapter 2

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
    Looks like Mesa/go's pilots aren't the only ones who are unhappy with their management. The flight attendants union is asking for a federal mediator to help with negotiations between that labor union and Mesa management. Grumpy employees can make baaaad things happen.

Miulang
    Just like in Kona earlier this week. When a flight attendant called in sick, the other two reserve flight attendants were found to have quit. The plane left Kona without any passengers to go! pick up a FA in HNL.

Mesa / go's response? They reportedly tried to blame the pilots.
    GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

• Re: Hawaii's Interisland Air War - Chapter 2

HA is also having a special promotion for Mainland travellers to Hawai'i: Free roundtrip tickets between HNL and the Big Island! If you have ohana or friends on the Mainland who are also HawaiianMiles card holders who might want to visit the Big Island between Jan. 8 and March 14, 2007, here's a way to get from HNL to Hilo or Kona for free. (the fine print: Book a roundtrip ticket from the Mainland to HNL and back by Jan. 6, 2007. No charge for direct connections of 4 hours or less to Hilo or Kona. ZP tax per interisland segment applies.)

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

• Re: Hawaiian outsourcing some jobs

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
        And it's not as hard to understand English with a Filipino accent?
        At least we're used to it. I wonder how well an Indian can understand English with a Filipino accent? I'm sure HA has a lot more Filipino customers then Indian.

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
          At least we're used to it. I wonder how well an Indian can understand English with a Filipino accent? I'm sure HA has a lot more Filipino customers then Indian.
          Maybe it doesn't matter, because I think a goodly percentage of people booking flights now go online anyway. In fact, some airlines penalize you for calling them to book flights! (HA offers a $10 discount if you get an eticket instead of a paper ticket).

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

No you don't get a $10 discount for an eticket. The people who don't do etickets have to pay a higher price off the published fare. When I bought my $19 ticket from Hawaiian through their website, they certainly did not have another $10 discount placed on top of that. Neither was true when I flew Hawaiian for $39 this past May. It was $39 + tax. Eticket. No discount. You get hit at some airlines for another $20 I think if you want to go the old fashion way and make a phone reservation and receive a paper ticket.

The funniest thing is Aloha Airlines. I made 2 ticket purchases on the web through them (will be using one in the next 2 weeks, another $19 flight), and they sent me a paper confirmation notice through regular mail to notify me of the flight I purchased in addition to the email I got shortly after purchasing online. Hawaiian and Go! don't do the mail out paper thingy. I don't know about Island Air or Pacific Wngs as I've never flown on them.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
              No you don't get a $10 discount for an eticket. The people who don't do etickets have to pay a higher price off the published fare. When I bought my $19 ticket from Hawaiian through their website, they certainly did not have another $10 discount placed on top of that. Neither was true when I flew Hawaiian for $39 this past May. It was $39 + tax. Eticket. No discount. You get hit at some airlines for another $20 I think if you want to go the old fashion way and make a phone reservation and receive a paper ticket.
              I stand corrected. You get a $10 discount for holding a HawaiianMiles card and booking a trip from the Mainland to Hawaii on their website:
              $10 off Roundtrip Web Fares
              Between Mainland U.S. and Hawaii.
              Booking Period: Now - September 30, 2007
              Travel Period: Now – September 30, 2007
              Miulang

Comment

Working...
              X