What's your major?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your major?

Those of you who went through post-secondary studies: What was your major?

Mine was English. I've taken post-baccalaureate courses in Education, and will probably get my Master's in Secondary Ed. Sometime.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: What's your major?

I majored in Business Administration. I minored in fire science, can you believe it. I worked as an administrator for a nursing home but quit that to be a firefighter, then I got hurt and now I might start my own business,

Comment

After brief flings in other disciplines, I ended up pursuing (although "pursue" is a strong verb for what I was doing) a Journalism degree. I eventually got it, just before the whole UH Journalism Department was swallowed up and turned into one of a group of smaller "programs" - alongside public relations, for example - in the Communications Department.

So, of course, I now work in a bank.

I minored in fire science, can you believe it.
      Man, where were those classes when I was in school. I can only imagine the homework...

Comment

Right now, I'm taking my IT major @ Heald. I might get my medical major after (if the draft doesn't "take me"-more details later).
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

One of those generic "Liberal Studies" BA's from Manoa.

Liberal Studies = cannotdecidesojustgivemethatstupidpieceofpaperasIhaveenoughcreditsalready...

Comment

I got my bachelor's in Hawaiian Studies (minor in language) and after a semester of trying different introductory classes for several master's programs...I decided to go into Immersion so I got a Masters in Elementary Education. However, I would leave the thankless job of teaching in a second to go into something like working in the archives or something...wasted two years of college life, I tell ya!

Comment

Radiologic Technology

Comment

Majored in the electrical engineering program at UH Manoa. After finishing up and having a small break (much needed break, after several 18 credit semesters), moved to the SF bay area.

Comment

Business Ad. I'm looking at different post-graduate courses though.

Comment

I somehow graduated from Kahuku High and headed forUH-Manoa in '62. I took two degrees in education (BEd and MEd) and one in Library and Information Sciences. I minored in Russian. 'Used that skill in the Air Force and then stumbled back into radio after a stint at KTUH-FM in the early '70's. My spouse is the real brains in the outfit..she 's the school librarian at Laupahoehoe school and knows just about everything. I now work in radio on the Big Island. I must be nuts...but living along the Hamakua Coast is worth the long hours and weird callers.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Roberts
                      I somehow graduated from Kahuku High and headed forUH-Manoa in '62. I took two degrees in education (BEd and MEd) and one in Library and Information Sciences. I minored in Russian. 'Used that skill in the Air Force and then stumbled back into radio after a stint at KTUH-FM in the early '70's. My spouse is the real brains in the outfit..she 's the school librarian at Laupahoehoe school and knows just about everything. I now work in radio on the Big Island. I must be nuts...but living along the Hamakua Coast is worth the long hours and weird callers.
                      Darn, Russ, if only the board displayed Cyrillic! I had two years of Russian in high school, which now means I can say "Strasvooitye" (badly transliterated), and there's also a librarian in the family.
                      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Oh, put me down for B.S.Bus. Adm. at HPU back in 1979.

Comment

Thanks (or is it "spasscee-bo?) Linkmaster for the reply. My speaking ability in Russian is down, but I can still read reasonalbly well. Every so often I can work in the Russian when I talk with other Russians via ham radio....been a ham (radio and otherwise) for many years. I always enjoy your comments. I use this spot to escape the weird world of radio...Aloha...

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                            Darn, Russ, if only the board displayed Cyrillic!
                            This board seems to support Unicode, so I suspect you can. For example: Спасибо!

I cut-and-pasted that from somebody's web page. You can also hunt-and-peck using the Character Map application if you're in Windows; don't know whether MacOS has an equivalent.

Comment

Well I'll be darned. No, thanks, though; hunt-and-peck with Character Map is not worth the trouble.

Comment

Working...
                              X