Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your major?

Originally posted by Linkmeister
    Darn, Russ, if only the board displayed Cyrillic! I had two years of Russian in high school, which now means I can say "Strasvooitye" (badly transliterated), and there's also a librarian in the family.
    я немного понимаю русского

thats awesome... i am learning Russian too.. im actually joining the Army as a linguist to learn it.. I ship off in November

edit: I used a "virtual keyboard" to write that russian.
    Last edited by j3rr3y; August 18, 2004, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I double-majored in German and Art History at UHM(with a Certificate in French on the side), got my first MA in Art History at Columbia, temped and bummed around a few years(2 of them in Venice, Italy so I could actually see what I had been studying)then decided I actually needed a skill besides knowing how to answer the question "Wo is der Markusplatz?" so went back to UHM for my second Master's in Library & Info Science.

Comment

Undergrad, I started as a premed at Antioch College in Ohio, then I transferred to the University of Utah, where I received a BS in Journalism (heehee isn't that an appropriate degree?). Bummed around in publishing and fundraising in Boston for 10 years, moved to Seattle, went into the Masters of Health Admin program at the U of Washington and don't really use any of what I learned (except for the writing part).

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Hawaiian Studies and Anthropology...*gulps* Sophmore at KCC for A.A. before transferring to U.H. My dream job in my fantasy world? Rearching in archives. (don't pinch me and wake me up)

Comment

I got my BA in English Literature at a university in Japan and went to ISS interpreter training school for 4 years in Japan to become an EN-JP interpreter/translator specializing in technology.

Comment

English as well.. :/ not really my choice though

Comment

I'm majoring in philosophy right now, but I'm considering switching majors, because I'm unsure about what kind of grad school I want to attend... I may possibly do some sort of pre-med degree.

philosophy is an awesome field, it is very good for strengthening communication and thinking skills, but alas, it is not very pragmatic, obviously.
                "We suffocate among people who think they are absolutely right, whether in their machines or their ideas. And for all those who can live only in an atmosphere of human dialogue, the silence is the end of the world."
                -Albert Camus

Comment

1stwahine,momthreesoldiers,ND ONLY OF life!
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

BS/Computer Information Systems. Begun at the age of 51, after 30 years of experience! I hope to graduate by Spring '05. Yow!
                    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype
                      BS/Computer Information Systems. Begun at the age of 51, after 30 years of experience! I hope to graduate by Spring '05. Yow!
                      Eh, congrats to you! You get plenty going foa you. Us makule kine peeps sometimes tink we ova da hill and no can start anyting new, but you definitely one inspiration!

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
                        Those of you who went through post-secondary studies: What was your major?

Mine was English. I've taken post-baccalaureate courses in Education, and will probably get my Master's in Secondary Ed. Sometime.

Major: Circulation Technology
                        Minor: English

Love English,but decided the medical route would be a little more stable for my future...

Comment

I got a B.S. in Geology and Geophysics from UHM. Now I am a computer nerd. Oh well, at least there are active volcanoes on this island.
                          I am Jack's absent signature.

Comment

" Re: What's your major?"

Houlihan

Comment

I'm at Haverford, a small liberal arts college in Pennsylvania. I'm majoring in anthropology, but I don't know if that means I get a BA in Liberal Arts or in Anthropology... Also minoring in biology and East Asian studies. I heart biology!

Comment

majoring in: art!
                                hmmm, not what am I going to do with it? I'm planning on going into graphic design.

Comment

Working...
                                X