Record-breaking rains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Record-breaking rains

I wonder if you were riding with my favorite cab company, City Cab? One of their drivers has that kind of seat cover.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808
      I wonder if you were riding with my favorite cab company, City Cab? One of their drivers has that kind of seat cover.
      That's the one! Nice guy, too!

Comment

Oh, hell. After a day of sunshine yesterday, I just heard two loud thunderclaps.

Here we go again.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
          Oh, hell. After a day of sunshine yesterday, I just heard two loud thunderclaps.

Here we go again.
          Make that four!!!

Shucks.

And I juss was going cut the grass.

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Yup. We've been hearing thunder for the past hour, now. Still no rain.
            I saw the cloud build up over the Koolaus earlier, but it wasn't easy to see with the early morning sun and glare. Darned thang got way up there so I'm not surprised about the thunder.

Comment

The radar map is showing heavy rain over on the Windward side, but not central or Leeward. Anybody over on the Windward side want to confirm?

Comment

I was surprised by the thunder too, since it was hot where i am as well. But now it's overcast again and the thunder sounds are still coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                  The radar map is showing heavy rain over on the Windward side, but not central or Leeward. Anybody over on the Windward side want to confirm?
                  Consider it confirmed. Lots of thunder and fairly heavy rain around 10:30 this morning. Thunder lasted an hour or little more. It's gone now, but still getting some light rain. Trades have been blowing 10 to 15 knots since yesterday.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

We still got that cloud build up on our side, along with lightning and thunder and only light, intermittent rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye
                      We still got that cloud build up on our side, along with lightning and thunder and only light, intermittent rain.
                      Wow! Eh, try no use Big Words like "intermittent!" I no moa time to look um up. All you had to say wuz "come and go!" Nah, JOKE. Made ya SMILE!

Auntie pUpuLe

btw: Rain is starting to drop ever so gently here at MWH.

Comment

Sorry Auntie. Da tundah an lightneen, get get, no mo, no mo. You know, in out, in out.........not l'daaat. An rain, oni small kine get. Oni lillobit.

Wow! As of right now, still get tundah and lightneen. An mo loud, l'dat. Still oni lillobit rain.

Oh, I heard some rain on da roofs. Das means get moah den lillobit rain. Get lillobit moah rain. <ROFLMAO>

An das da latest weddah repawt from da centro highlands. Da Rolling Eye signing off. An das da way wuz.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Rolling Eye
                          Sorry Auntie. Da tundah an lightneen, get get, no mo, no mo. You know, in out, in out.........not l'daaat. An rain, oni small kine get. Oni lillobit.

Wow! As of right now, still get tundah and lightneen. An mo loud, l'dat. Still oni lillobit rain.

Oh, I heard some rain on da roofs. Das means get moah den lillobit rain. Get lillobit moah rain. <ROFLMAO>

An das da latest weddah repawt from da centro highlands. Da Rolling Eye signing off. An das da way wuz.

Das How, LAU LAU! U got edumacated real fast! K-den - u graduwated. Back to normal writing before we get TERMINATED by Admin. ROFLMAO

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Socked in again with light rain up here in Pearlridge. I was down at Safeway about 11:00am, drove back up the hill and felt a temperature drop of 4-5 degrees immediately. Saw some lightning over Aiea Heights, and we've had a fair bit of thunder. Dog not happy, so people not happy.

I'm tired of this!
                            http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I hele'd on over to Ala Moana Center, in bright sunshine, somewhere around 10 to 10:30 this morning. Beautiful morning. By the time I finished my errands it was still sunny but raining. The power in the shop I was in started hiccuping. Made a dash for my car, headed back to the office then headed home around 12:30. Stopped raining by then and no more rain after that. NOW...I'm hearing thunder in the distance for the first time today and the condo's maintenance crew is sandbagging the property. Even the diehard beach goers are packing it in!

I can't even begin to imagine how bad the pothole situation is going to get. There's a really bad one on Kalia Rd. at the entrance to HHV. Queen St., between Ward and Kamakee, is like an obstacle course. The pre-existing potholes all over are getting bigger. Whatta mess it's gonna be. Within the past 12 months I've spent approx. $1000. fixing pothole damage to my car. Here we go again.

Oops...the thunder's getting much closer now! Time to batten down the hatches! Again!

Comment

The time is about 3:25, Makiki - little bit sprinkles, but dark clouds coming in from the south & more thunder. I think we're in for it again..................

Took this picture looking towards Wilder, just about 10 minutes ago - & it's already gotten darker in that direction.
                                Attached Files
                                "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Working...
                                X